Petition to rename ASOT hosted by Armin van Buuren/Armada

Progrez

Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to post this petition to rename ASOT which has been hosted by Armin van Buuren because the show is no longer about Trance music anymore it's more like EDM pop, Electro House/ Big Room Dance and commercial screaming pop songs and it's divided the fanbase further where the former trance fans have moved onto underground techno or just left the genre completely and the fans currently drowning his discord and facebook feed are not very knowledgeable people when it comes to Trance music so I decided to vote in this petition. I hope other people can agree with me. Sadly, ASOT also has been flooded by Armada tracks as well. There is nothing "Trancy" about the current crop of producers/tunes he plays on his show. Only a handful I would still consider to be trance. The rest of the stuff sounds like euro dance or derivative of electro house/commercial pop.

@ 1st post, rather @ Stephen Godfrey:

1st: Sorry, but imho your text is a tad too long;
2nd: having read 80% of your message, a remark. Sentences like the (serious?) proposal " The petition calls for ASOT to acknowledge this shift by considering a name change, suggesting something like "A State of Turd" to reflect the perceived departure from trance roots. " isn't going to help I guess to convince anyone involved having got used and experiencing the revenues of a well known name in the music industry. This initiative is heading for failure :sleep:

Both @ Stephen and @Progrez : I hope you feel satisfied having got some attention :ee: Thank you for your post :icecream:

@ 1st post, rather @ Stephen Godfrey:

1st: Sorry, but imho your text is a tad too long;
2nd: having read 80% of your message, a remark. Sentences like the (serious?) proposal " The petition calls for ASOT to acknowledge this shift by considering a name change, suggesting something like "A State of Turd" to reflect the perceived departure from trance roots. " isn't going to help I guess to convince anyone involved having got used and experiencing the revenues of a well known name in the music industry. This initiative is heading for failure :sleep:

Both @ Stephen and @Progrez : I hope you feel satisfied having got some attention :ee: Thank you for your post :icecream:
I am not trying to gain attention. I am the one who posted that and A State of Turd is a tongue cheek to how horrible state trance has become because of this clown known as Armin. How is it heading towards failure?

I am not trying to gain attention. I am the one who posted that and A State of Turd is a tongue cheek to how horrible state trance has become because of this clown known as Armin. How is it heading towards failure?
My guess: nobody cares :hmmm: :friends: :ee:

Back