Gravity pres. Harry Dyer - Red Light Green Light [Red Force]

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
tnrf019.jpg

OUT NOW on Audiojelly: Red Light Green Light | Gravity Pres. Harry Dyer | Red Force Recordings | Single | Download | Audiojelly.com

Audiojelly Date : 24/02/2010
Release Date : 10/03/2010
Label : Red Force Recordings
Cat# : RF019

Tracklisting:

1. Red Light Green Light (Original Mix)
2. Red Light Green Light (Adam Nickey Remix)
3. Red Light Green Light (Dave Horne Edit)
4. Red Light Green Light (Gravity's Amber Mix)

Already in stores so I'm a little late on the review this time but better late than never! Been a couple of months since the brilliant Redstar EP was released on Red Force and here's a new name as well as a new release on the Red label. Harry Dyer is the name and I can't say that I'm familiar with him but looking at the Red Force release history this single should be very promissing!

Original Mix
Surprisingly a very proggy tune. It's leaning a little towards the kind of "prog house" being released on labels like Silk Digital Records, etc but with a little more of a trancey edge though. I guess you could say the percussion is a little more exotic opposed to the more hard-edged trancey percussion applied in trance tracks. Great summer melodies as well as slow and pleasent build-up.

Adam Nickey Remix
Adam is pretty much connected to all prestigious labels in the business. His sense of simple yet captivating melodies is unmistakable and I think that it applies here as well. I would actually say that Nickey would be the perfect man to trance up a track in this style. The well-crafted piano infested breakdown sucks you in perfectly and should leave you with a smile on your face (that is if you're into this sort of trance).

Dave Horne Edit
Nothing super fancy about the Dave Horne Edit which is basically just a shortened version of the original. It's a more consice version though which captures the very essence and I think it would work well in the early stages of a trance set.

Gravity's Amber Mix
A trancey version from Harry himself. Primarily carried by a heavy and bouncing bassline but also filtering in the original melodies to great effect. A more techy version if you like. Quite impressive I must say from an unknown name but do feel a tad annoyed by a white-noize sounding synth which figures around the pay-off part of the track.

Verdict:
Red Force are yet again displaying that they aren't a one-way focused label only going for one particular style - and I absolutely salute that! I'm drawn by both the Adam Nickey and Original version. Adam's version is a near perfect peak-time trancer which will do much good in a melodic trance set. The original seems to capture what I'm very much into these days - that something which lies between progressive house and trance. Top stuff!!

Previews:

Original : YouTube - Gravity pres Harry Dyer Red Light Green Light Original Mix
Adam Nickey : YouTube - Gravity pres. Harry Dyer - Red Light Green Light (Adam Nickey Remix)
Dave Horne : YouTube - Gravity pres. Harry Dyer - Red Light Green Light (Dave Horne Edit)
Amber Mix : YouTube - Gravity pres. Harry Dyer - Red Light Green Light (Gravity's Amber Mix)

OUT NOW on Audiojelly: Red Light Green Light | Gravity Pres. Harry Dyer | Red Force Recordings | Single | Download | Audiojelly.com

Back