AH.FM Windows Radio Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

djabstraction

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just thought I'd let you know what I'm currently working on. A small radio player for AH.fm, so forget using WinAmp, Windows Media Player, iTunes, etc etc. You will be able to use a small player soon, especially designed for AH.fm. Here is a small video of it in action...

Unfortunately I haven't had time to work on it over the past few weeks but will be on it again as soon as possible. If any of you would like to help me beta test it and provide feature requests and feedback, I would be most appreciative.

Just send me a PM and I shall forward you the link when the beta comes available, which will hopefully be this weekend.

Also, I am hoping to have it working as a Vista sidebar gadget, I just have some security related issues to resolve and it should work fine (fingers crossed).

Cheers!

That's awesome!! Love your work! I'm especially looking forward to the Vista Gadget - it'll take prime spot on my sidebar.

Thats aw thats cute... I really want the vista side bar feature...

finally someone made an useful gadget for Vista :) big up for djabstraction

haha cheers :lol:

It will work for non vista users too as a normal application. All the sidebar really does anyway is arrange the windows neatly.

Any suggestions on colour scheme? I was going to redo the skin so it's more sleek, silver maybe?

OMGGG!!!! i had the same idea some time ago xDDD, actually i painted it on a piece of paper!!! xD the other day i was talking with a friend about that (programmer mate) trying to cheat him to become my idea real hahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

i could be your beta tester .. if u wanna xD

:lollypop::lollypop:

haha that's cool :) It's great to hear that it is something that people will use. I started developing it a couple of months back but have paused for a few weeks. I'll get back on it at the weekend with any luck.

Cool! If you wanna beta test, just send me a PM, so I know who to send the link to when it's available :smile1:

haha cheers :lol:

It will work for non vista users too as a normal application. All the sidebar really does anyway is arrange the windows neatly.

Any suggestions on colour scheme? I was going to redo the skin so it's more sleek, silver maybe?

Silver is always cool! :lttd:

Looks really awesome :)

Well the beta has been released now, so remember if you want to help test it, please send me a private message and I will send you the download URL.

:super:

Now in silver!

You know what would be just as good? A web version, in flash...

You know what would be just as good? A web version, in flash...

They are already available to be honest,

http://www.wimpyplayer.com/

All available via single button that will connect to a specific shoutcast stream and play it. Pretty cool and I'm actually considering putting one onto my website too.

I've just noticed something quite fundamental about the player which I have left out, that being a volume control! The main reason I ignored this is because I always use the volume control on my speakers.

If this bothers anyone else let me know and I'll stick something in there. :lol:

Aww, I gotta pay for that it seems?

Aww, I gotta pay for that it seems?

For the flash button? Unfortunately yeah, but it's not badly priced considering.

But if you meant the beta player? Then naah, that will be free always, it's just a bit of cross promotion and gives me something interesting to do :lol:

Hey peoples!

At current I have only had really little feedback on the player, so I presume those of you who have tested it have no issues with it?

With this said I shall hopefully be releasing a build of the player of the weekend, v.1.0 and all that. I had one report of the GUI flickering when it had just loaded but I can fix this easily enough.

Anyways, just thought I'd let you know as I want to get the player out ASAP as I have a new project to work on for all you DJs...

nice one djabstraction :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back