AH.FM Music Style Guide

This is a very usefull post. Thanks for the clarification. Good for DJs I guess but good for listeners, including myself, who now clearly knows what to expect.

And I think that it is very wise to allow for some exceptions, even if they are rare and specific. It's a bit like Wikipedia's rule "ignore all rules". I believe it is healthy for the future of AH.FM.

If you have problems interpretation what the exact style is, but you know it's a sub genre of trance and progressive, as long as you see the listeners are liking it, it is legal on AH.FM

if not many pepl want 2 listen 2 other genres then why the hell is schossows show packed with listeners?????????????????????????????

if not many pepl want 2 listen 2 other genres then why the hell is schossows show packed with listeners?????????????????????????????

You should know also people are tuning in for exactly Schossow his style & Also the number of listeners depend a bit on the promotion of it.

its a good idea, could be applicated to other forums..

I dont agree, this station needs way more progressive house and also a little bit deephouse/techno etc. to keep things interesting here...
24/7 trance is a no-go for me absolutely. Love trance but theres more than that.

I am a newbie to Trance and all I know is that I like what AH plays. I don't know what all of the different types of Trance are... can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks.

Sure :)

Kinds of trance music:
Uplifting trance
Tech-trance
Progressive-trance
Progressive.

We are a station playing Trance, progressive and subgenres. However we play more trance than progressive I'll give you an exaplaination:

For example:

Sebastian Brandt or Manuel Le Saux: play trance music. Once the beats per minute are quite high and you hear floaty sounds we call it uplifting trance. that's the real trance music. Other than that is usually progressive-trance. ( in between:))

Markus Schulz: Plays progressive usually at start start. Later during his show he hops over to progressive-trance. But does never hit uplifting trance.

DJ SlanG with his show Silk Progrance is pure progressive music.

Check out shows of these Dj's and compare them. I hope this will help you to understand the genres a little.

I dont agree, this station needs way more progressive house and also a little bit deephouse/techno etc. to keep things interesting here...
24/7 trance is a no-go for me absolutely. Love trance but theres more than that.

Simple thing mate. If you want to listen other genres outside ah.fm format, you can tuned other station any time. I think Dan made this station for trance, cuz he loves trance. Im very glad he did it, cuz trance is still minority in the world. Yopu should appreciate he made this station for us.

And as i said all ppl who wants to listen to other music genres always can switch their player on another station with content they like.

Dan did and does great job with ah.fm and i can see how this station every months gets more listenners. So, imo this is the right way how this station goes :friends:

Simple thing mate. If you want to listen other genres outside ah.fm format, you can tuned other station any time. I think Dan made this station for trance, cuz he loves trance. Im very glad he did it, cuz trance is still minority in the world. Yopu should appreciate he made this station for us.

And as i said all ppl who wants to listen to other music genres always can switch their player on another station with content they like.

Dan did and does great job with ah.fm and i can see how this station every months gets more listenners. So, imo this is the right way how this station goes :friends:

AMEN to that Ronny! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Of course there is more than that. And Personally I like techno too, but AH.FM is a home for trance and progressive. The community excists of ppl who like these genres. They would leave if we start playing Techno. A community is what keeps radio's alive. I think more progressive on this station would be ok. Not Techno.

Well Said :grinning:

I totally agree with you...there is a bit too much all-day trance. Where is the progressive I so long for? :(

I probably should have looked at this thread long ago, but Dan sets it out nicely. There is often an uproar on the forums when a DJ plays something a little bit housey, either to start off or to mix it up, and I was under the impression that prog house was welcome, so I never understood the problem. I agree with most of the comments here - we are here for trance and progressive, but I love the variety and atmosphere that a DJ can create by mixing up the genres a bit, provided it is done well musically and stylistically. But I also agree that the sound can be a little monotonous at times, when so many shows are indistinguishable from one another. The variety can also help attract new listeners, since pure trance is not quite as accessible to most in North America. My favourites are the ones like Eric Allen's, that really mix it up.

images

I probably should have looked at this thread long ago, but Dan sets it out nicely. There is often an uproar on the forums when a DJ plays something a little bit housey, either to start off or to mix it up, and I was under the impression that prog house was welcome, so I never understood the problem. I agree with most of the comments here - we are here for trance and progressive, but I love the variety and atmosphere that a DJ can create by mixing up the genres a bit, provided it is done well musically and stylistically. But I also agree that the sound can be a little monotonous at times, when so many shows are indistinguishable from one another. The variety can also help attract new listeners, since pure trance is not quite as accessible to most in North America. My favourites are the ones like Eric Allen's, that really mix it up.

images

The reason many shows are indistinguishable from others is due purely to lazyness on the part of the djs imo. There are new tunes released each and every week and they all receive promos. There is plenty of new stuff to choose from. I know of djs with weekly shows on other stations who are just playing uplifting trance who never play what others are playing simply because they choose to look further than whats just infront of their noses:lol:

What hardly any of these djs seem to realise is this is not clubland. This is the internet where listeners are exposed to many djs who are often playing the same songs. The internet is a chance for them to show case something different from the rest. To show their true talent at choosing songs and playing an individual set. But is hardly ever the case sadly especially when it comes to uplifting trance.

Last edited:

Back