AH.FM Music Style Guide

To comment on the techno thing, there is still some variety outside of trance, without abandoning trance altogether. This is exemplified well with Markus Schulz, Marcus Schössow, and probably some others. Schössow's show (say that 5 times quickly) usually seems to feature some tech/electro house and techno mixed with trance and progressive. Markus Schulz has often incorporated a few house tracks, and occasionally techno into his sets. The variety exists, even though there are no shows specifically for such genres. This is something I certainly would welcome more of, but I agree that shows specifically for house or techno just wouldn't belong at all. This is, after all, a trance station.

Last edited:
let me give you my opinion of this discussion too. afterhours is the only one radio station which is linked to my pc, its the only station i listen, its the only station where i get my sets from for driving in my car etc.

the reason why i like afterhours is corse here is trance music in the main focus. im simply not interistet into techno, house or something else. im lucky with the situation here and i hope it never get changed!

let me give you my opinion of this discussion too. afterhours is the only one radio station which is linked to my pc, its the only station i listen, its the only station where i get my sets from for driving in my car etc.

the reason why i like afterhours is corse here is trance music in the main focus. im simply not interistet into techno, house or something else. im lucky with the situation here and i hope it never get changed!

Thank you for nice words mate, :choon::hug: it won't change :music:

Dan,

I like the amazing effort you have put in AH.FM.
I like that amazing trance DJs and trance sets are released via AH.FM, I have followed it for years and it is simply amazing the work done. However among the ones that are truly mixing trance, we have in the meantime 50% electro. I have no problem with Electro, but I do have a problem with labelling it as trance, while trance has a history of about 20 amazing years. Latest years has become more and more electro, I agree, but you claim to be nr1 in trance and progressive. I will not be supporter when I hear electro half of the time, misinforming newcomers what trance actually means, what trance is. We see that enough on labels....

I know very well you cannot check every set before it broadcasted, AH.FM is just doing amazing effort with amazing names, but this is getting quite absurd. In my personal opinion you will not win if changing to Electro and even stating it. You have proven to be a very strong Trance, uplifting, progressive radio. I'm considering AH.FM as one of the few amazing radios trying to keep trance legends alive, what it deserves. Endless thank you for that. That IS amazing!

This is however changing due to what we hear. I cannot decide what you do with it, however, you claim it to be nr1 in trance and progressive, can we please hear that? I'm no longer supporting until this gets fixed. Truly sorry. I like ANY kind of music, but my love for trance is so big I will not accept it to be "mis-labelled".

Last edited:
Hello mate, thank you for your message, this is a very vague genre topic, I have to agree with you that indeed the music style of Trance has changed in last years, more different melodies have merged, and naming it still Trance is the wrong path. These days it's DJs job to select the tracks that reflect their own style of play, yes few DJs have changed their styles and hence we had to the the precaution and remove them from the station.

It's very hard to keep sets 100% Trance these days, as tracks are labeled wrong on many different release sites, the core problem is that they are mislabeled, giving Trance genre a bad name to the new comers, making them think this is what Trance music really sounds like. We do our best here on grounds where we have control, to make sure the DJs we accept make Trance music/sets, this is the first thing we look at, if over time their style changed we notify them, reminding them that AH.FM is a Trance & Progressive station. We can't really tell anyone what to to play, it's their choice, AH.FM has world's biggest DJs, many of the names recently are moving back to the Trance sound that it used to be so I'm happy about that.

If there are any specific DJs which you or anyone reading this forum you think does not fit the station please email us info@afterhours.fm please bare in mind full privacy is in effect, your emails will be safe and not shared anywhere.

Thank you mate.

In other words, we do not want:
  • Psytrance, goa

Shouldn't this be updated? Either psytrance is, in fact, okay (yay!) or Marcus Schössow is not the only exception to the style guide.

Last edited:

Back