Beatport.com Talks Trance

one of the reasons is the more "mainstream" music that Djs like tieso or armin produce... I can easily say that all my friends like some of the tracks from Tiesto and they are not Trance fans... Even my dad liked Tiesto...

so i guess it's not really trance that's so popular but some of the big name DJs... if it was popular, you'd be seeing more trance tracks in the countdown charts.

And of course you have loyal trance fans just like the people in here or any other forums, who support trance and not the specific few djs..

that's just my 2 cents... I'll add more as other people write their opinions..

Honestly, I can name a few artists in the genre we would call "Dance" that are 100x more mainstream then even Tiesto or Armin. Speaking from the perspective of someone in the US, Trance is not that popular in the US. Not as popular as Rock, Hip-Hop, and Dance. Hell even Techno is more popular then Trance here. And House. And *insert other electronica genre*.

As with any artform, Trance is always evolving. The comments on that article are a little surprising given the usually enlightening insights from the people at Beatportal, although I did like the original article.

So no, IMO Trance is far from the "pop genre" of electronica. At least in the US, that is clearly "Dance" music, with House a close second.

To be honest I find the article quite offensive and would boycott Beatport as a result if I didn't boycott it for being a flash-driven pile of shit already. :boxing:

One of the things that I keep seeing in articles like these is the whole "Dj putting his arms out like Jesus/God" or whatever.

As far as Beatport.com goes, it's a heavy House/Techno place. Although I do like some stuff from over there, I am seeing a lot of garbage coming out of there lately.

I want you to listen to the first seconds of the track in the video. Let me know what you think. I don't know but by the way people were sort of, not dancing, just standing around talking to each other, eh, says a lot about the music that is being played. To ME at least, great Dance music should have you dancing, NOT talking to your friends in the middle of the floor:

Video: Cobblestone Jazz set @ Dissonanze festival | Beatportal

Uh huh. Have at it kids:p

Abominus

:mask:

To be honest I find the article quite offensive and would boycott Beatport as a result if I didn't boycott it for being a flash-driven pile of shit already. :boxing:

Damn straight. :grinning:

Back