01-04-2008 - 14-04-2008 April DJ Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
congrats man. too bad i felt really good about my mix. are there comments like in the last competition?

yes yes, will be posted soon :)

and here is what some of our jury members had to say...

set #1 had to be disqualified as the recording contained windows/msn sounds :p

if you participated and want to know which number you had, drop me a PM :)

set 2 loved pretty much every track, decent mixing too
set 3 jesus christ this set is great, nice energetic flow about it and good mixing too, excellent
set 4 decent mixing, something about this that didnt quite flow so well for me, nice track selection however
set 5 loving the dirty sounds, good mixing, tracks flowed pretty well
set 6 pretty manic set track list wise, enjoyed it though, just 2 or 3 tracks that didnt quite do it for me
set 7 summer feel from this set, nice selections and decent mixing
set 8 pretty good, lost interest a bit in the middle but picked up at the end
set 9 craziness early on love it, decent middle section, disapointing end though from tracks chosen. give me ferry's adagio any day of the week
set 10 nice melodic set, flowed good, energetic ending

02. perfect transitons. nice selection!
03. nice transitons. bpm little much. master isnt so great, no bass.. nice selection..
04. great transtions for vdj, massive tracks!
05. first trasition was awful! rest were decent..proggy set..
06. decent transitons! decent techy mix.. not sure if our listeners would like this..
07. transtions are good, too much deadmau5 which makes the set boring...
08. transtions are not good but lovely selection of tracks! summer tunes!
09. too many tech tracks.. got boring afterwhile..
10. transition is great.. nice selection of choons! best mix i heard. \o/

02: A few poor vocal choices in the middle, but end selections were very light and melodic.
03: Daydream is first, great start. PVD - Getaway Car is next, yuck. Some Tyas massiveness around 25:00. Much vocals first half. Second half of show is very MLS.
04: Awesome track at 27:00. Some nice Bronzwaer-ish piece in second half. Scratch at 49:16. Vocal buzz-kill at 50:00. Not as massive as 03, but solid.
05: Starts pretty electro-funky. Ok track selection, no technical issues, set flowed nicely, but not really my style.
06: Starts maybe a little housey (not classic trance style at least). (Poor Ripy_X, I liked his show.) Got trancey at 26:00, for one track. Poor track selection, didn't like at all.
07: Pretty trancey, much more mainstream AH than previous two sets. Nice melodic start, esp at 16:00. No noticeable transition or production problems.
08: Great track 10 minutes in. First half is very good, a couple classics (incl. one of my faves). Some bizarre vocal track at 31:00, decent music but vocals strike me as odd. Second half also very good, some more classics.
09: Great driving track at 16:00. Getaway Car at 21:00. Got a little harder at 42:00. Last 20 mins was pretty driving.
10: Ugh vocal track at 19:00. Trance beat, but is just a remix of some bland pop piece. Some melodic stuff otherwise.

Thank you Dfx, I guess my number ^^ Is it possible to know which sets are second ? :)

sure why not... tied for 2nd place were bass4taken (yay) and c00ld00d. jellybeanx came in 3rd.

good job to all of you!

I'd like to thank for voting on my set. It's for me a huge honorable mention that my set won. I wish you a pleasure during the listening on 7 of May at 15:00. Thank You!! :)

yeah too bad theres no room here other than trance close minded fucks :thumbsdown: maybe next time

:lol: :lol:

yeah too bad theres no room here other than trance close minded fucks :thumbsdown: maybe next time

open a "lick your wounds" thread in the DJs/Producers corner, publish your mix and see if you can convert some of those TCMFs :lol:
who knows maybe there are some who do like it.

I got comments like "lost interest" and "bizarre vocals" when introducing some breaks...yeah, some ppl really should go out more :mask:

what's wrong with my transitions DL?

open a "lick your wounds" thread in the DJs/Producers corner, publish your mix and see if you can convert some of those TCMFs :lol:
who knows maybe there are some who do like it.

I got comments like "lost interest" and "bizarre vocals" when introducing some breaks...yeah, some ppl really should go out more :mask:
Hehe, I'm one of those TCMFs... I like trance to be the way I like it. :)

But on any given day, I'm more open minded than others, and that's why I try to listen to each set at least twice. I only sit down once to listen to them all in one go, so the comments usually reflect the first listen, and do not necessarily equate to the final grade given. There have been times where on a second or third listen I significantly change a grade.

hello... I'm new to the site and will try the contest for the first time... I'm excited!

GMT- 365 Days

Last question, when the winner will be announced?:bully:

:ee: :ee: :ee: :ee:

ok.. I am out of here :driver::ee:

Last question, when the winner will be announced?:bully:

:ee: :ee: :ee: :ee:

ok.. I am out of here :driver::ee:

I am going to upload mine :super: Arf it's too late ^^

I am out too looool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back