17-02-2010 Orkidea - Radio Unity 013

How do you rate this show?

• Total voters
Though I'm not a fan of vocal trance anymore, I still have to say Kirsty's vocal is much better than most of that's being used in nowadays trance.. Tiff Rene, Jennifer Lacey etc.

It`s greeeeat! I`m listening.. smoking nargile and drinking Hymalaian tea :) mmm.. so great :)

2. Ashley Wallbridge: Chimera

With Ashley's pace of putting tracks out this already feels like an "old track" by now=D One of his best tracks so far. I know not everybody is fan of the more bass heavy and groovy trance sound but Ashley is surely one of the best talents with that. Personally I think it's been a fresh change to trance but needs to be balanced with more rolling stuff all the time. I think Ashley's tricks are also continuation of trick-heavy style started originally by the likes of BT, Hybrid, Way Out West and Andy Moor.

I think Ashley's tricks are also continuation of trick-heavy style started originally by the likes of BT, Hybrid, Way Out West and Andy Moor.

Don't forget Martin Roth :)

I love these groovy basslines, they remind me of 80's funk

3. Bart Van Wissen: Cosmic Superhero

Another prime example of the forementioned bass heavy and groovy style. This time the lead melody reminds me somehow of 'Greece 2000' in it's all simplicity. This is perfect early set material for a trance set but could be a peak time anthem at my prog night JACK. Bart's style is also IMO all the time developing better and more mature.

more cool sounds :mml::mml::mml:

Back