Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Decent

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Pretty bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No thanks, not my style

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sultan & Ned Shepard - Eye Spy (Original Mix)

:choonalert::choonalert::choonalert:

This being Victoria's Secret and the Magik 069, I think I need more appropriate ava... brb:)

:wow: woohoooo!!!!!! awesome avatar.

i almost forgot that avatar. how i could :lol:

cool. so you use linux.

what you mean with workstation?? you writte programs?

Not a Penguinista. Ditched Linux back in RH-4.0/1 days other than when employer mandated. Use FreeBSD

The FreeBSD Project

The Power to Serve!

Back in the day (mid-late 90's) the choice was a no brainer. Linux has grown up a lot since then and closed the gap but over the years use on both workstation and server side I've come to know FreeBSD pretty well.

Next OS for me will likely be Open/Solaris. On the serverside. On the desktop it's crippled by Gnome presently being only supported option and I just cannot abide using a DE that's pruposely crippled to lowest common denominator by HIG, a.k.a. Havoc's ID10T Guidelines. Or what L.T. references as "The Disease that is Gnome"

Linus versus GNOME

Energy 52 vs. Pryda - Cafe Del Armed (Magik Mashup)

next one is a :choon:

bummer, my sound keeps fading in and out - not sure if it's ah or my box. Suspect the latter though. Hope I don't have to switch to different media player. Historically all the gtk2 based stuff has sucked compared to the qt offerings, but I'm on Xfce DE, wh/is gtk2 so don't want to have to load all those extra qt libs and dependency maintenance hell just to pull in a couple KDE apps... :(

Not a Penguinista. Ditched Linux back in RH-4.0/1 days other than when employer mandated. Use FreeBSD

The FreeBSD Project

The Power to Serve!

Back in the day (mid-late 90's) the choice was a no brainer. Linux has grown up a lot since then and closed the gap but over the years use on both workstation and server side I've come to know FreeBSD pretty well.

Next OS for me will likely be Open/Solaris. On the serverside. On the desktop it's crippled by Gnome presently being only supported option and I just cannot abide using a DE that's pruposely crippled to lowest common denominator by HIG, a.k.a. Havoc's ID10T Guidelines. Or what L.T. references as "The Disease that is Gnome"

Linus versus GNOME

i really would like to change from windows to linux cause linux is free, open to modiffications and friendly with c++ and the best of all is free.

but i use visual studio 2008 c++ and c# J++ sql and directX are things we are writting this days and i cant with linux. also i write hardware interfaces and data transfer protocols using mcus and programable integrated circuits. my pics programmer doesnt work with linux :(

all programmers uses windows. that explains why all programs hangs lol!!!!

Last edited:
:choonalert::choonalert::choonalert::choonalert:

Milan Lieskovsky - Elenya (Original Mix)

i really would like to change from windows to linux cause linux is free, open to modiffications and friendly with c++

but i use visual studio 2008 c++ and c# J++ sql and directX are things we are writting this days and i cant with linux. also i write hardware interfaces and data transfer protocols using mcus and programable integrated circuits. my pics programmer doesnt work with linux :(

all programmers uses windows. that explains why all programs hangs lol!!!!

Very few of the programmer types I know use Winblows... Many use OSX cuz they like making a "statement" about how cool and successful they are. Most others use Linux. But you may like to take OpensSolaris SXDE for a test spin as it comes with some nice Sun dev tools bundled, e.g. Netbeans and Sun Studio. I didn't see Java in you list so it probably doesn't matter but there's no better platform for Java dev than Solaris. Straight to the source, baby :)

P.S.; Else you could always shop for a new job working with more cool stuff... lol...

Very few of the programmer types I know use Winblows... Many use OSX cuz they like making a "statement" about how cool and successful they are. Most others use Linux. But you may like to take OpensSolaris SXDE for a test spin as it comes with some nice Sun dev tools bundled, e.g. Netbeans and Sun Studio. I didn't see Java in you list so it probably doesn't matter but there's no better platform for Java dev than Solaris. Straight to the source, baby :)

P.S.; Else you could always shop for a new job working with more cool stuff... lol...

yes. its time to get free things on the top of the best things. i will try solaris sounds cool. next time i get a computer i will install solaris. or linux.

and will write some programs for those platforms. :)

i always said. knowledge must be for free. we have to be free to learn.

yes. its time to get free things on the top of the best things. i will try solaris sounds cool. next time i get a computer i will install solaris. or linux.

and will write some programs for those platforms. :)

i always said. knowledge must be for free. we have to be free to learn.

SXDE -> Solaris Express Developers Edition

SXCE -> Solaris Express Community Edition

Both are based on "Nevada" branch. Next stuff will be "Indiana", out in developer's preview. Indiana will use "apt" like software repository.

:choonalert::choonalert::choonalert::choonalert:
this reminds me the beach at night :)

SXDE -> Solaris Express Developers Edition

SXCE -> Solaris Express Community Edition

Both are based on "Nevada" branch. Next stuff will be "Indiana", out in developer's preview. Indiana will use "apt" like software repository.

sounds nice.

is the end of the set :(

thnx magik. massive was my vote. thnx ah.

good night all, time to sleep. :hug:

cya later gotwf glad to see you.

sounds nice.

is the end of the set :(

thnx magik. massive was my vote. thnx ah.

good night all, time to sleep. :hug:

cya later gotwf glad to see you.

later bitman. take care and have a good snooze... :sleeping:

Back