Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Decent

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Pretty bad

• No thanks, not my style

• Total voters
To be honest, not really. I'm not so musically sophisticated that I can appreciate the subtleties of the rhythms. I need more obvious and prominent melodies.

There are the odd occasions where something like this fits well into the background of what I'm doing, but in general, this is not my style.

"I need more obvious and prominent melodies."

You mean Sean Tyas?

"I need more obvious and prominent melodies."

You mean Sean Tyas?

Yes, he qualifies. He's way up there on the energy level too, and that's not a requirement for my enjoyment. I can enjoy more relaxed material also. I really like dark atmospheric stuff.

The track just finished was nice, the vocals notwithstanding. :mask:

Current track has got an amazing bassline, I love it.

Yes, he qualifies. He's way up there on the energy level too, and that's not a requirement for my enjoyment. I can enjoy more relaxed material also. I really like dark atmospheric stuff.

The track just finished was nice, the vocals notwithstanding. :mask:

Current track has got an amazing bassline, I love it.

"I really like dark atmospheric stuff"

Just what I like!

True ???

I hardly catch replays of Musik Garden.

I was wondering AH was cheating me...hehehehe.

Good to know I was wrong.

Do you like it?
Actually, I think it was your 2YAMC set.

I did enjoy it. :grinning:

I have caught replays of Musik Garden in the past, so I know they get into rotation. For a while there we had a system where nearly every CET-timed set got replayed again later the same day so that folks in NA and Asia could also catch it. With summer and all we've gotten away from that a little, but I think we'll get back to it, since it did work pretty well.

Actually, I think it was your 2YAMC set.

I did enjoy it. :grinning:

I have caught replays of Musik Garden in the past, so I know they get into rotation. For a while there we had a system where nearly every CET-timed set got replayed again later the same day so that folks in NA and Asia could also catch it. With summer and all we've gotten away from that a little, but I think we'll get back to it, since it did work pretty well.

Owwww....good news.

I think that a replay schedule will be just perfect for AH listeners, but I don't know if this is possible.

"I really like dark atmospheric stuff"

Just what I like!

:beer2:

I was fortunate that shortly after I was introduced to trance, in the form of Armin's productions, someone who cared took me aside and played me some Markus Schulz. So during my formative days, I learned to appreciate the darker side of the art.

Owwww....good news.

I think that a replay schedule will be just perfect for AH listeners, but I don't know if this is possible.

We've struggled to come up with a good replay system. Left alone, the system randomly picks sets and tracks to play, which is "fair", I guess, but can also mean that some show never gets replayed through bad luck.

Trying to put together a proper "schedule" is difficult because not every day has the same number of shows, and it gets seriously messed up when a show is cancelled for some reason. So up to now it was done by hand, but that's time-consuming.

There's some work being done behind the scenes on improvements to AH in general, and some of those changes should result in a better system for scheduling, which may give us more options going forward.

We've struggled to come up with a good replay system. Left alone, the system randomly picks sets and tracks to play, which is "fair", I guess, but can also mean that some show never gets replayed through bad luck.

Trying to put together a proper "schedule" is difficult because not every day has the same number of shows, and it gets seriously messed up when a show is cancelled for some reason. So up to now it was done by hand, but that's time-consuming.

There's some work being done behind the scenes on improvements to AH in general, and some of those changes should result in a better system for scheduling, which may give us more options going forward.

GREAT NEWS!!!!!

The second half of this show has been great, Vitor. The first half didn't get me, but I've been head-bobbing for the last three tracks or so.

:beer2:

I was fortunate that shortly after I was introduced to trance, in the form of Armin's productions, someone who cared took me aside and played me some Markus Schulz. So during my formative days, I learned to appreciate the darker side of the art.

That's a good formation.
I really like some techno stuff, so I always try to bring the groove, energy and darkness of techno into trance.
My favorites musics are the ones that put the techno energy and the trance melodie together in perfect combination.

Thanks very much!!

Im trying to build up my unique style!

Well, I liked the second half... first half, especially the first two tracks, I didn't like. To be honest, I think it was a little too minimal for AH's main listener base, but from the 3rd track on, I think you've got a great style to work with.

The set really progressed too, building as it went along - but since you started with pretty much only beat and rhythms, you had a lot of range to work with.

(note, I really don't know how to categorize styles, I'm just describing as best I can)

Back