20-10-2008 From The Outside Special with Peter Dubs

How do you rate this show?

• Total voters
the most striking feature is a playful bassline. a lot of bass. what i heard here was either just a continuous, never changing thin bass with some click clock on top, or no bass at all and some plop plop as bass kick. not progressive.

LOL nice definition:lol::lol::)

the most striking feature is a playful bassline. a lot of bass. what i heard here was either just a continuous, never changing thin bass with some click clock on top, or no bass at all and some plop plop as bass kick. not progressive.

Word. That makes sense. And trance? What would you say distinguishes trance? A 1/8 note to 1/16 note bassline? Less playful?

i know :super: i'm just saying if marcus reads that, i don't mean any harm :grinning:

don;t think he will...but i can e-mail it to him if you want :tongue: :lolz:

Word. That makes sense. And trance? What would you say distinguishes trance? A 1/8 note to 1/16 note bassline? Less playful?
i guess trance basically means the emphasis is on the melody and not so much on the rhythm or the bassline. and yeah you get those typical 1/16 synths and stuff. and you could reduse the bassline to just the (strong) bass kick and nothing else and still have a great track (some are like that already). progressive trance is somewhere in between: you still have the grooving bassline, but also a distinct melodic element. or something.

i guess trance basically means the emphasis is on the melody and not so much on the rhythm or the bassline. and yeah you get those typical 1/16 synths and stuff. and you could reduse the bassline to just the (strong) bass kick and nothing else and still have a great track (some are like that already). progressive trance is somewhere in between: you still have the grooving bassline, but also a distinct melodic element. or something.

I'd agree with you there too. Thanks man

progressive doesn't need to have a lot of bass to be progressive .. The playful bassline is only in some cases , it's not necesarry :)

yeap, you right about the melody and i put energetic at the same time:music::grinning::wink:

don;t think he will...but i can e-mail it to him if you want :tongue: :lolz:

:LMAO: :lolz: no thanks :wink:

In conclusion... Trance FTW :super:

Back