Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Decent

• Pretty bad

• No thanks, not my style

• Total voters
The copy we purchased from Trackitdown was titled as Mike Shiver vs Matias Lehtola - Nana (Original Mix) there was no mention of the vocalist.. Yes I agree the vocal is amazing but we titled the track as per the download store release details.

Aye, when I got the track as well, the vocalist's name was missing. I think it is a disservice to any vocalist not to have a mention.

Never Cry Again by Dash is a prime example. Just get a name on there... it's not hard.

Aruna's voice... yum!

icon10.gif
by adding the name of all contributors of a given track at your own tracklist - you show respect to the vocalist imho.

I respect your opinoin but if the track is titled on the official release without the name of a vocalist then we can only go by what the release states..
Take our track Aztec for instance.. that wouldnt have been what it was without the vocalist but it was released as Neptune Project - Aztec :)

Everybody should get a credit when making a total mix..:mask:

I respect your opinoin but if the track is titled on the official release without the name of a vocalist then we can only go by what the release states..
Take our track Aztec for instance.. that wouldnt have been what it was without the vocalist but it was released as Neptune Project - Aztec :)
It is ok. I meant people from labels etc when I said 'they', not you. :smile: Anyway, could you tell me who sang in Aztec? :hmmm:

imagine you would have sung - and your name was left out ?

Aye, when I got the track as well, the vocalist's name was missing. I think it is a disservice to any vocalist not to have a mention.

Never Cry Again by Dash is a prime example. Just get a name on there... it's not hard.

Aruna's voice... yum!

:yes: :iagree: Anyone's free to put things correctly & make their own personal decisions :wink:

Tracklist
01. Cold Blue - 30 Degree's at Midnight [Anjunabeats]
02. Mike Shiver vs. Matias Lehtola - Nana [Captured]
03. Jay B - Eleven Thirty (Suncatcher Remix) [Fenology]
04. Mike Shiver ft. Aruna - Everywhere You Are (Mike Shiver's Catching Sun Mix) [Anjunabeats]
05. Cold Blue - Downhill [Anjunabeats]

Aruna's voice... yum!
Yeah, that is what I mean. We can not blame it on a DJ who is playing this track. He does not know about it. It was signed without vocalist name, I suppose. About me, when I am making a tracklist, I am trying to put vocalist name even if it is a dub mix. :p

Tracklist
01. Cold Blue - 30 Degree's at Midnight [Anjunabeats]
02. Mike Shiver vs. Matias Lehtola - Nana [Captured]
03. Jay B - Eleven Thirty (Suncatcher Remix) [Fenology]
04. Mike Shiver ft. Aruna - Everywhere You Are (Mike Shiver's Catching Sun Mix) [Anjunabeats]
05. Cold Blue - Downhill [Anjunabeats]

Hey jeff!! :hug: How are you? :)

It is ok. I meant people from labels etc when I said 'they', not you. :smile: Anyway, could you tell me who sang in Aztec? :hmmm:

Of course - Her name is Polly Strange.

The impression I have been under with trance music is that if there are words with are sung then the vocalist gets full credits but if its just harmonies or vocal fx which are the kind of ooohs & laaaas hooks then they dont tend to be credited..

An example of this is Matt Hardwick vs Smith & Pledger - Connected.. Amazing track but no credit to the vocalist in the track title even tho it was Melinda who did the vocals....

I cant remember any tracks where by vocalists have been given full credits unless they have sung specific words...

Back