30-10-2008 Russia in the Mix 002

Which sets did you like best?

• Total voters
Omg is Alexey trying to convert me to psytrance? Cause its kinda..working

After him?

Hey btw about your non-vox petition..I was GONNA sign it..but there's some songs that are REALLY good with vocals..and without it well, they wouldn't have as much of an "uplift" effect.

So I dunno..is it to take away vocals in ALL trance PERIOD? :mml:

sry 4 my english lol :)
I've simply listened ur birtday special set so many times and i like it :P:choon::friends:

awww thank you :hug:..them two are good too

no worries lol...your english is fine...well that was a special favor, and i just do it for fun :)

After him?
no, in this set now i mean... the first few tracks had some small psy influences, weren't full on psy though... and this now doesn't have any psy at all.

hm..maybe I'm just not able to note the difference then.

I'm a bit new to other-than-pure-uplift trance..so I kinda have a hard time distinguishing between psy/progressive...cause both are pretty repetitive, but one has more..(howdoyousaythis..) alien-like sounds..?

I'm a bit new to other-than-pure-uplift trance..so I kinda have a hard time distinguishing between psy/progressive...cause both are pretty repetitive, but one has more..(howdoyousaythis..) alien-like sounds..?

You got it! That's it exactly. I call Psy Producers, The Lords of Boing! :grinning::cat:

well the full on psytrance has a bass kick that sounds more like a laser shooting sound from sci fi movies, very short, strong in highs and low in bass. and yeah they have those crazy synths going all over with all sort of sounds.

Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music

progressive is more on the slower BPM side of electronic dance music (usually around 128 to 132 BPM)

psytrance is a whole different style of trance that is its own genre ;) there are many different types of psytrance styles:

progressive psytrance: 128 to 137 BPM
Full On Psytrance: 140 to 146 BPM
Goa: 128 to 155 BPM
Darkpsy: 144 to 160 BPM
psyambience: not too sure of the BPM rate.

the most commonly played style of psy these days is full-on, and progressive. however, there are a few DJs today that play Melodic Goa trance. :music:

hopefully this very was helpful to you :smile1:

edit: DFX's post can also provide some additional assistance too :cat:

Thanks guys, although I don't think I'll be doing too much trance analysis (Hey thats a good set name...tranceanalysis) while I'm listening.

Although I have listened to a few Goa PsyTrance on Youtube.It kinda reminded me of a ..calmer version of Hardstyle, with more ambient sounds..

Anyways..for me its Uplift FTW!

Back