31-01-2010 Luminosity BTE Contest

Which sets did you enjoy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
seriously...Tone Deco?!! I understand why A.B. won but Tone Deco?! Yeah sure.

Congratulations, Alan. ;)

:) Not your kind of trance I suppose...

You suppose wrong, sir. I listen and love all the major european trance genres (upliftin/tech/progressive/hard/ibiza/chillout trance). The point is that i don't see how they evaluated the sets. Almost all the sets (including yours and the one i voted) seem too similar to each other.

I don't even want to try to understand why the juri didn't include DTH in the two winners. It's not a matter of music tastes, it's a matter of knowning how to improvise in a trance set. Most of the dj's, nowadays, don't know or don't show their knowledge in that area. I prefer a creative dj (or whatever people want to call it) to a normal dj. Track selection is easier than the creative side of this job. The funny thing is that, in european trance, most of the people think the opposite. That's why the DJ Mag top is what it is and means what it means (a marketing chart).

Nothing against Tone Deco or Alan Burke, really. It's a great achivement for you two and you and your friends should be really pround. :) I just wanted to understand how the jury evaluated the sets, nothing more.

Waiting to see and hear from you guys at the BtE. I will be there with my buddies. :hug:

I voted for Faruk, Synergic , DJ Tone Deco who impressed me a lot and DJ Shy !!

Good luck guys it´s a tough vote !!

Oh WoW!!! Congrats Tone Deco :super::super::bravo::bravo:

and Thanks ;)

You suppose wrong, sir. I listen and love all the major european trance genres (upliftin/tech/progressive/hard/ibiza/chillout trance). The point is that i don't see how they evaluated the sets. Almost all the sets (including yours and the one i voted) seem too similar to each other.

I don't even want to try to understand why the juri didn't include DTH in the two winners. It's not a matter of music tastes, it's a matter of knowning how to improvise in a trance set. Most of the dj's, nowadays, don't know or don't show their knowledge in that area. I prefer a creative dj (or whatever people want to call it) to a normal dj. Track selection is easier than the creative side of this job. The funny thing is that, in european trance, most of the people think the opposite. That's why the DJ Mag top is what it is and means what it means (a marketing chart).

Nothing against Tone Deco or Alan Burke, really. It's a great achivement for you two and you and your friends should be really pround. :) I just wanted to understand how the jury evaluated the sets, nothing more.

Waiting to see and hear from you guys at the BtE. I will be there with my buddies. :hug:

Tone Deco's set was technically very good. Tracklist was coherent and after, it's a question of feeling for the jury.

Lot of DJs played here like if it was a radioshow but personnaly, I don't want a liveset like a radioshow set, it has to be different, it has to be more, how to say, amazing than exclusive. It's really hard to explain what I want to say in english so sorry if you can't understand lol

And for my music tastes, I mix tech house, minimal, house, prog house, deep house, techno and all kind of trance except hard trance ;) lol to be open minded is important !

Tone Deco's set was technically very good. Tracklist was coherent and after, it's a question of feeling for the jury.

Lot of DJs played here like if it was a radioshow but personnaly, I don't want a liveset like a radioshow set, it has to be different, it has to be more, how to say, amazing than exclusive. It's really hard to explain what I want to say in english so sorry if you can't understand lol

And for my music tastes, I mix tech house, minimal, house, prog house, deep house, techno and all kind of trance except hard trance ;) lol to be open minded is important !

So DTH was like what? A radio set show? A "megamix"? :lol:

Usually, i don't see or hear a trance dj mixing more than 12 tracks in one hour. The ones who do that, usually, stand out from the rest. Seems the euro trance scene is a little dull in djing...too sad but it's true.

Does anyone think that Eddie Halliwell or Bryan Kerney (if they entered in this competition with other name), would win the competition? Nah, of course not. But the fact is that they are STANDOUT dj's.

Enough posting for me.

Enough of mediocre djing culture in euro trance. (in terms of creativity)

Don't forget it's a 12 headed jury + a small influence by the people's vote... the average counts.

Having a set like DTH is awesome, but not necessarily a winning factor...
On a gig playing a megamix isn't top score... people want the built up + breakdown + climax of each track, not skipping to next track when the current track is at it's peak point....

On a gig playing a megamix isn't top score... people want the built up + breakdown + climax of each track, not skipping to next track when the current track is at it's peak point....

+1

I'm not fan of megamix for a gig.

I didn't listen DTH's set, he surely made a great work but It's not because He played more tracks than others in 1 hour that he'll win the contest. He surely has good points for Originality criteria but maybe less points for the other ones.

I already listen Brian Kearney's liveset and I think he is great because he takes a lot of risks but sometimes his mix is totally weird, not really coherent. Btw, you are less free when you mix trance, that's why I prefer to mix tech house and techno :D

Back