A question for all of you with CD decks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
in that video it looks like as if you're using the crossfader. please tell me this isn't so :)

Last edited:
hehe, yeah moody, that's definitely one word to use. I try to make it really happy and emotional but it never works :lol:

hahaha classic, I hate ebay too! although for different reasons than yourself, I've been scammed by people so many times when trying to sell mobile phones :(

Woot! Reason 3! Man I can't work that thing out, respect due to you for being able to do stuff in that. Media library not having enough material? So like you need samples? I've got quite a collection going at the moment, some I purchased, some free. Check the forum out on this site, they have some quality hard samples!

http://www.bangingtunes.com/forum/dj-studio/

Good luck with the choons bro! I hope it all comes together for you, i've been trying to find a lady with a fantastic voice for ages now, but not for making music :lol: Quality poetry always makes fantastic lyrics :)

You got any sample house choons you've put together?

Reason is a bit hard to pick up. I have been working with the drum sampler and that is pretty much it. I have not added synth lines to anything. In fact, I have been so busy with photography that I have not been on Reason or Acid for a bit but I want to get on them soon.

I need MAD samples for Sony. There is like this media libray that's supposed to be like, 1 or 2 GIG full of stuff. Some people say that it is not that much but there are just so many floating around. Once I meet my friend tomorrow, he will guide me right.

You know Amanda Wilson from the Freemasons tune "Love On My Mind." They found her at a karaoke bar somewhere in London I believe. Funny enough you find drunk ass people in those places but once in a while you find someone who is just right. If they can do it that way then, I am sure a lot of people can find a vocalist anywhere really.

When the time is right, I will put out an ad for a vocalist: TRANCE INFLUENCED:) and see what happens from there.

I do not have any sample tunes as of yet:crazy: Once I get something done, I will post them up.

You ever heard a group out of Quebec, Canada called Nuclear Ramjet? They do a lot of dark, epic techno. Long ass songs too. They have a song that runs almost 10 minutes!!:wow:

You should check them out!!

:music:

From Florida,
Abominus

in that video it looks like as if you're using the crossfade. please tell me this isn't so :)

eh? Do I use the cross fader? Yes of course, I always mix the track in with the cross fader in the middle and then bring up the other track from it's own level fader. Not quite sure what you mean to be honest :lol:

In the video I just set the decks up, pressed play and recorded, I wasn't doing a mix or anything...

Reason is a bit hard to pick up. I have been working with the drum sampler and that is pretty much it. I have not added synth lines to anything. In fact, I have been so busy with photography that I have not been on Reason or Acid for a bit but I want to get on them soon.

I need MAD samples for Sony. There is like this media libray that's supposed to be like, 1 or 2 GIG full of stuff. Some people say that it is not that much but there are just so many floating around. Once I meet my friend tomorrow, he will guide me right.

You know Amanda Wilson from the Freemasons tune "Love On My Mind." They found her at a karaoke bar somewhere in London I believe. Funny enough you find drunk ass people in those places but once in a while you find someone who is just right. If they can do it that way then, I am sure a lot of people can find a vocalist anywhere really.

When the time is right, I will put out an ad for a vocalist: TRANCE INFLUENCED:) and see what happens from there.

I do not have any sample tunes as of yet:crazy: Once I get something done, I will post them up.

You ever heard a group out of Quebec, Canada called Nuclear Ramjet? They do a lot of dark, epic techno. Long ass songs too. They have a song that runs almost 10 minutes!!:wow:

You should check them out!!

:music:

From Florida,
Abominus

I've only ever used Fruity Loops, I love it cos it's pretty simple really, although I don't know all the complex stuff of course, only the basics. In comparrison to Reason it's a stroll in the park.

Hey if those MAD samples are in ATRAC format I wouldn't use them, it sounds awful, and was Sonys feable attempt at dominating over MP3 which failed miserably, just like their MiniDisc attempt to dominate over CD, which also failed miserably. It blows ass and you can hear all kinds of distortion, and my hearing is shite in comparrison to most peoples.

There are loads of fantastic girls dancing around in pubs as I type, it's friday night and i'm in doors on my own bored shitless drinking Kronenbourg, what a life! :lol:

Let me know when you got some choons going dude :) I'd love to hear hear some. :choonalert:

:super:

I'll check out those artists tomorrow too :) :music:

eh? Do I use the cross fader? Yes of course, I always mix the track in with the cross fader in the middle and then bring up the other track from it's own level fader.

haha ok. well to be honest, i hate the cross fader, i never touch it, i work with the line faders exclusively (and the eq of course). and from what i've seen, many/most trance djs do it the same way. but it's everyone's personal choice :)

haha ok. well to be honest, i hate the cross fader, i never touch it, i work with the line faders exclusively (and the eq of course). and from what i've seen, many/most trance djs do it the same way. but it's everyone's personal choice :)

Aaah I see what you mean, naah, I use both, although I always stick the cross fader in the middle and use the line fader to bring a track in, then the cross fader to bring the other track out. I found I kept making stupid mistakes doing it any other way :lol:

Cheers :)

They must be about 4 years old now, one of the best things I have ever bought and I have no idea why they stopped making them :(

I really want some Tapco S8's, apparently they are designed for playing really loud dance music :wow:

Hey, I found a retailer over here that sells Edirols!!!!:wow::)

I thought of you when I saw them. Check them out!!!:super:

Studio Monitors (Active) At Sam Ash

Well, honestly, my speakers sound pretty good, but compared to what you guys have theyre a lot cheaper in price and probably quality too...

basic new setup finished:

ok that's indeed a problem.. but personally for me it wouldn't really matter.. since i don't push play at the moment itself.. i just push play in advance, hold the platter, scratch a little and let it go when i want my track to be mixed in.. kinda like vinyl simulation..

ok that's indeed a problem.. but personally for me it wouldn't really matter.. since i don't push play at the moment itself.. i just push play in advance, hold the platter, scratch a little and let it go when i want my track to be mixed in.. kinda like vinyl simulation..

Oh okay, I'm quite a noob to all of this really so I've never actually mixed with vinyl, decided to take the cd root instead. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is a problem, the guys in the Denon forum are so defensive it's unreal, they even renamed my thread from "My S1000 Fault List" to "My S1000 List"!! Nothing like free speech huh? Maybe they are getting a bit upset because other people are saying that Denon should update the software and fix this "flaw". But hey! I guess as it's their low end product they just don't care :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back