AH 2.0 - New Website / Forums plus much more

Hey, some feedback about the new site so that it is easier to use and understand:
- While playing the radio you can see the current set playing on the lower left corner. It does not show the full title, only part of it. For example now on the lower left corner it shows "Stefan Medici Presents Medici Sounds 024 on AH.FM 09" when the full title is on the top of the forum page which is "Stefan Medici Presents Medici Sounds 024 on AH.FM 09-04-2023". So on the main site and on the lower left corner it cuts the text before it ends.
- We used to see on the main page what is now on the top of the forum page, which were "Streaming Live" and "Upcoming shows". Maybe it could be implemented on the main page so that the text that is now cut off before it ends has "Streaming Live: (set name and date) Upcoming shows: (set name 1 and date), (set name 2 and date), (set name 3 and date)", and it scrolls on the lower left corner like the current one does now. But then again I dont know if there is a way to fix the current show to be more noticeable. Or an other way to implement to see what shows are upcoming is an own webpage for the player like the old one had - It would have the current show name and a list of the upcoming shows.
- Schedule of future shows could be a bit better. Now it is based on weekdays (Mon-Sun) and when you click on for example Wednesday, then it shows all the shows which are going to be live on Wednesday and the time. But it does not say on what Wednesday what show is going to be - as a recurring listener I know these by experience, but a newer listener does not have that information and it should be relayed to them.
- All the other stuff is really nice looking, really more fresh than the old one that's for sure.

Loving the updated versions of both the website and forums! make's them look more modern šŸ˜Ž

• Love
Reactions: dan
we want back a black forum :cry: :cry: and the ability to see users who are online in the current thread and all old good smilies :)

Last edited:
Great update! :loveah:
try to search xenForo dark style:ninja:

Hey, some feedback about the new site so that it is easier to use and understand:
- While playing the radio you can see the current set playing on the lower left corner. It does not show the full title, only part of it. For example now on the lower left corner it shows "Stefan Medici Presents Medici Sounds 024 on AH.FM 09" when the full title is on the top of the forum page which is "Stefan Medici Presents Medici Sounds 024 on AH.FM 09-04-2023". So on the main site and on the lower left corner it cuts the text before it ends.
- We used to see on the main page what is now on the top of the forum page, which were "Streaming Live" and "Upcoming shows". Maybe it could be implemented on the main page so that the text that is now cut off before it ends has "Streaming Live: (set name and date) Upcoming shows: (set name 1 and date), (set name 2 and date), (set name 3 and date)", and it scrolls on the lower left corner like the current one does now. But then again I dont know if there is a way to fix the current show to be more noticeable. Or an other way to implement to see what shows are upcoming is an own webpage for the player like the old one had - It would have the current show name and a list of the upcoming shows.
- Schedule of future shows could be a bit better. Now it is based on weekdays (Mon-Sun) and when you click on for example Wednesday, then it shows all the shows which are going to be live on Wednesday and the time. But it does not say on what Wednesday what show is going to be - as a recurring listener I know these by experience, but a newer listener does not have that information and it should be relayed to them.
- All the other stuff is really nice looking, really more fresh than the old one that's for sure.
That's vey weird, shows for me full titles, both on pop up player, bottom left and on top of forums... nothing being cut off.

dark mode is coming...

and would be able to see userĀ“s locations again?

That's vey weird, shows for me full titles, both on pop up player, bottom left and on top of forums... nothing being cut off.

dark mode is coming...
Maybe a good old screen shot helps :D Latest Firefox in use. Current set (Manuel's show) is displayed like that on the lower left corner. No extensions except for ad blockers. I noticed today that if you reload the page it looks kind of fine. But then if you have the player on for multiple sets then it goes to that. I have had a show title with that white font (where in this it displays "05"), then it goes to that light gray font.
1683743328612.png

Maybe a good old screen shot helps :D Latest Firefox in use. Current set (Manuel's show) is displayed like that on the lower left corner. No extensions except for ad blockers. I noticed today that if you reload the page it looks kind of fine. But then if you have the player on for multiple sets then it goes to that. I have had a show title with that white font (where in this it displays "05"), then it goes to that light gray font.
View attachment 10
hi yes I noticed similar that's because he has now - in his show name and player does not know what is artist name and what is song name...

Will it be possible to select between showing new posts on the bottom / on the top?

@dan missing smilies: :mml :wave :wavecry :bounce :cry :wall :tease, :p (not this one, the old one) :dancing :dance3 :clap :clap2 :rave :bananadance :banana :hug :friends :beer :beer2 :console :iagree :choon :hmmm :sleeping :beat :bumpit :devil and :bow :thankyou :loveah :yes :unsure..... = I mean old ones... and many other of them :)

Last edited:
What an amazing transformation Dan. :)

The forums and new WordPress blog looks tidy and clean.

Well done. ;)(y)

AH.FM needed this update. :cool:

• Love
@dan
Great job, love to see that ah.fm is still updated :)
I'm here almost 17 years so please continue this beautifull project.

• Love
@dan missing smilies: :mml :wave :wavecry :bounce :cry :wall :tease, :p (not this one, the old one) :dancing :dance3 :clap :clap2 :rave :bananadance :banana :hug :friends :beer :beer2 :console :iagree :choon :hmmm :sleeping :beat :bumpit :devil and :bow :thankyou :loveah :yes :unsure..... = I mean old ones... and many other of them :)
I will try to dig up some of them.. don't want millions of smilies either :)

I will try to dig up some of them.. don't want millions of smilies either :)

i forgot for :O and ohmy and puff
the old smilies were good at moving and accurately describing the current music or the topic being discussed.

Last edited:

Back