AMD's AM2

Thats true, but I think the G80 will dominate the 7900 GTX in Quad SLI - and, it's only one card! But really, I think nVidia is beating ATI by a partial amount.

I remember a site that I browsed a while ago, showing a GeForce 7900 GTX vs. Radeon 1900 XTX chart - they both showed equal settings but the nVidia beat it with it's Core clock speed and some other stuff. The ATI beat it by something that I can't remember quite well.

*EDIT* Oh! What a coincidence, I found it - http://sg.vr-zone.com/index.php?i=3335

Take a look at the differences. :)

Yeah, really close depending on the game and settings. The competition is great since the end user is the winner and makes their choice based of performance even price.

Thanks for the link. :cheers:

I am curious if unified pixel processing will give ATI the edge and how GDDR4 will improve card performace. Will it be substantial or what?

jedrekmaly said:
Yeah, really close depending on the game and settings. The competition is great since the end user is the winner and makes their choice based of performance even price.

Thanks for the link. :cheers:

I am curious if unified pixel processing will give ATI the edge and how GDDR4 will improve card performace. Will it be substantial or what?

It may vary, although it does not matter if the 1900 XTX has more Pixel Processing than the 7900 GTx; it depends on the whole performance it's self. And I think that the GDDR4 will improve it's performance big time, because if a card has more memory then you will get more FPS then usual.

Memory is a big importance for graphic cards, believe me on that one. If I bought a card with approximately 2 GB of memory, and attempted to make a hardcore 3D character in Maya, it would render smoothly without any conflict.

Yeah, I am wondering what is going to be new about GDDR4. Probably more dense with better frequencies and timings. I guess the new standard will be 512 with the new memory. There's talks of new memory that is supposed to be much cheaper to produce and is much denser then DDR2. I think its the next level of DDR, just not sure of the name of it. I read an article bout it, but I can't remember much about it or where I found it.

There is a lot more then just pixel processors that make the card good. Like how efficient the prefetch is, whether there's two way traffic for processing or not, amount of ram, the bus and a ton of other things.

I think it's a combination of many things that dictate how well a system does. It's not just how much ram you have on the video card, but as well how much system memory you have, your processing power (speed matters to an extent), system buses (spelling?), the chipset and even your hardrive speed matters. I have a raptor drive and its amazing how much faster programs and software loads on it. I end up in games alot faster because of it.

jedrekmaly said:
Yeah, I am wondering what is going to be new about GDDR4. Probably more dense with better frequencies and timings. I guess the new standard will be 512 with the new memory. There's talks of new memory that is supposed to be much cheaper to produce and is much denser then DDR2. I think its the next level of DDR, just not sure of the name of it. I read an article bout it, but I can't remember much about it or where I found it.

There is a lot more then just pixel processors that make the card good. Like how efficient the prefetch is, whether there's two way traffic for processing or not, amount of ram, the bus and a ton of other things.

I think it's a combination of many things that dictate how well a system does. It's not just how much ram you have on the video card, but as well how much system memory you have, your processing power (speed matters to an extent), system buses (spelling?), the chipset and even your hardrive speed matters. I have a raptor drive and its amazing how much faster programs and software loads on it. I end up in games alot faster because of it.

Yep, it does depend on your other specifications on your PC. I agree with you on that, it also speeds up your gaming stability. It's important to have a good computer when you are running an intense graphic card that needs a great deal of power, from the core to the mem.

But I definitley cannot wait until those cards get released. They look awesome, the money looks awesome as well (sarcasm). X0

I am scared to find out what kind of power supplies these cards are going to need. I mean quad cores aren't to far off, some really insane video cards are around the corner and it seems like there is no end to it.

Seeshhhh! Quad SLI, with quad cores, a few peripherals and man you need your own personal power station. It's insane how much power things are using now a days.

I don't know if you have heard, but there is power supply that they sell seperately to power a video card. I think they were saying something like 300 watts of power just to power a video card independently. I can begin to imagine how big of a case you are going to need let alone it get's me wondering about cooling.

How hot does your system run with the configuration that you have?

Last edited:
jedrekmaly said:
I am scared to find out what kind of power supplies these cards are going to need. I mean quad cores aren't to far off, some really insane video cards are around the corner and it seems like there is no end to it.

Seeshhhh! Quad SLI, with quad cores, a few peripherals and man you need your own personal power station. It's insane how much power things are using now a days.

I don't know if you have heard, but there is power supply that they sell seperately to power a video card. I think they were saying something like 300 watts of power just to power a video card independently. I can begin to imagine how big of a case you are going to need let alone it get's me wondering about cooling.

How hot does your system run with the configuration that you have?

My PC temp is fine, my video card temp is around 40C-49C. The card has a fan on it, which gives it very good cooling. And yeah, your power supply can cause your card to heat up if you don't have a powerful one, but really, you don't need the best power supply to run a video card. Unless your card is more then 1 GB of GDDR...

True enough, but I have been always told to run a good power supply. Never some no name brand or not enough power. You'll never know when you could end up damaging precious components in your computer.

I can't believe how Microsoft is making windows vista far more complicated with the several versions they are releasing. I had a tough time myself figuring out if I was better off with Windows XP Pro features or Windows home features. Now there's what 8 versions of it? Man I seriously think its ridiculous since they will end up confusing the hell out of a lot of people. Some people might even end up with something that they did not want and will not get their money back for. That is one reason why I think the new version will be pirated. AS well the price will be a factor and their new security of not being able to rip HD video. I am still not sure if they are implementing something that will not allow you to install pirated software. I know there have been rumours and such, but I am not sure if it has been confirmed or what. On top of all that, it has been 6 years now since the release of windows xp? And they just delayed it yet again to the start of 2007 because they wanted to make sure that they release a quality product? I think that's a bunch of non sense because no matter what they do there will be flaws and bugs and no matter how long they delay it I dont think they will come out with a better product because of that delay. I may try it, but if it requires me to upgrade to better hardware, then ill be damned if I upgrade to it anytime soon.

jedrekmaly said:
True enough, but I have been always told to run a good power supply. Never some no name brand or not enough power. You'll never know when you could end up damaging precious components in your computer.

I can't believe how Microsoft is making windows vista far more complicated with the several versions they are releasing. I had a tough time myself figuring out if I was better off with Windows XP Pro features or Windows home features. Now there's what 8 versions of it? Man I seriously think its ridiculous since they will end up confusing the hell out of a lot of people. Some people might even end up with something that they did not want and will not get their money back for. That is one reason why I think the new version will be pirated. AS well the price will be a factor and their new security of not being able to rip HD video. I am still not sure if they are implementing something that will not allow you to install pirated software. I know there have been rumours and such, but I am not sure if it has been confirmed or what. On top of all that, it has been 6 years now since the release of windows xp? And they just delayed it yet again to the start of 2007 because they wanted to make sure that they release a quality product? I think that's a bunch of non sense because no matter what they do there will be flaws and bugs and no matter how long they delay it I dont think they will come out with a better product because of that delay. I may try it, but if it requires me to upgrade to better hardware, then ill be damned if I upgrade to it anytime soon.

Yeah, I highly agree with you about upgrading tp Vista. But as you can see, I do not think I need any upgrades on hardware for my PC at the moment. Although, Vista can cause a big problem if you don't meet it's requirements; it's funny that they delayed the release - I agree with you. It's quite amusing about them specific stating about Vista will have absolutely no bugs in it after they have released it in 2007 - yeah, my ass... I doubt it.

Anyway, I'm going to stop chit chatting about this now, we are making this thread into a bloody chat room, for god's sake! Haha... take care buddy, and don't forget to listen to a new episode of my weekly radio show Rising Energy, this Saturday at 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM (EST). I have some nice stuff this week, I don't want you to miss anymore shows! Rawr! :ciao:

Cheers m8. :redmoon:

Jorda said:
Yeah, I highly agree with you about upgrading tp Vista. But as you can see, I do not think I need any upgrades on hardware for my PC at the moment. Although, Vista can cause a big problem if you don't meet it's requirements; it's funny that they delayed the release - I agree with you. It's quite amusing about them specific stating about Vista will have absolutely no bugs in it after they have released it in 2007 - yeah, my ass... I doubt it.

Anyway, I'm going to stop chit chatting about this now, we are making this thread into a bloody chat room, for god's sake! Haha... take care buddy, and don't forget to listen to a new episode of my weekly radio show Rising Energy, this Saturday at 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM (EST). I have some nice stuff this week, I don't want you to miss anymore shows! Rawr! :ciao:

Cheers m8. :redmoon:

Awww, well you suck! :noob: :p

Instead of chatting on here, we could chat on msn if you have it. pm me your email. :D

Back