Armin Van Buuren vs Yuri Kane "Yet another day" (Ben Double M acapella mashup)

Ben Double M

Registered
Reaction score
It's been a very long time that I wanted to do a mashup using "Yet another day" the problem was the vocal extraction.. because no original instrumental mix available.. ya, a real pain in the ass to do (and honnestly I don't think I'm a newbie in vocal extractions..) anyway, after hours and hours using Eq,compression,delays reverb and some other tools, the diy is "pretty acceptable.." .. you decide.

Genre : Trance acapella mashup
Acapella : Armin Van Buuren ft Ray Wilson "Yet Another day" (Ben Double M diy acapella) diy made from the Armin's Downbeat Interpretation mix
Music : Yuri Kane "Right back" (Anton Firtich dub)
Tempo : 130bpm

Armin Van Buuren ft Ray Wilson vs Yuri Kane - Yet Another day (Ben Double M acapella mashup)

Last edited:
Not that I want to make all your hard work seem like a waste of time but I have the original acapella if you need it :smile:

Hey ;) haha it seems to ;)

ooowww mate you'd make my day!

I won't ask you where it comes from .. this kind of precious things are
usually unavailable.. unless being friend with Armin, unfortunately..I'm not :/

Last edited:
Hi Lazarus, thanks a lot, this goes right to my heart :)

I don't wanna speak for XDR,.. but I think we just love Trance (EDM at least) yay!..
As you and most of people here, .. vocals, melodies, ryhthm and a particular soul we find in it.. I have found all this in trance so...;)

obviously this couldn't be made without the original work of the artists.
so yeah must tryto respect the material used as much as possible... even if mashups are not often liked because blabla and bla blabla.. lol the same song I hear since many years..

ps: If you don't hear about me anynmore, it's probably because I'm struggling with AVB's lawyers.. ooops :)

I don't wanna speak for XDR,.. but I think we just love Trance (EDM at least) yay!..
As you and most of people here, .. vocals, melodies, ryhthm and a particular soul we find in it.. I have found all this in trance so...;)

obviously this couldn't be made without the original work of the artists.
so yeah must tryto respect the material used as much as possible... even if mashups are not often liked because blabla and bla blabla.. lol the same song I hear since many years..

ps: If you don't hear about me anynmore, it's probably because I'm struggling with AVB's lawyers.. ooops :)
I will say that both yours and XiJaro's mashups got an amazing reception on Saturday night :wink:

http://forum.ah.fm/livesets-ah-fm/2...broadcast-trance-session-117.html#post1670226

I never used to like mashups myself, but over time I was won over because some of them are amazingly creative in their own way, and make me see old tracks in a new way and fall in love with them again :smile:

)

+1

I will say that both yours and XiJaro's mashups got an amazing reception on Saturday night :wink:

http://forum.ah.fm/livesets-ah-fm/2...broadcast-trance-session-117.html#post1670226

Thanks for the support! :smile:

glad to know that we are in the same wavelength :yes:

I will say that both yours and XiJaro's mashups got

an amazing reception on Saturday night :wink:

I never used to like mashups myself, but over time I was won over because some of them are amazingly creative in their own way, and make me see old tracks in a new way and fall in love with them again :smile:

great, I'll ltry to not desapoint you :)

yeah I'm convinced that many old/mainstream stuff can be definitely great with a contemporary instrumentation.. depending how the vocals are used, not only a question of key and tempo imo but also vocal intensity, flow,atmosphere...)

As today all seems to be formatted, people wants to be surprised (at least)
I'm the first to be surprised when I hear some unexepcted combos and that's what I'm looking for in this kind of stuff.

so thank u once again for supporting mashups! :)

About the actual mashup itself: I like it quite a bit but I wouldn't have started a verse at 3:16. Sounds odd and distracts from the flow of the track.

Back