Chill/Ambient Anyone?

Abominus

Registered
Reaction score
Okay now:book:

I know that all of you do not listen to Trance/Prog all day everyday. I know that some of you may want to switch it up a bit and slow things down, like, when you wake up Sunday morning after a long night of partying and drunken shenanigans, you may want to listen to something more "chilled" than Trance/Prog. I know that after I wake up the next day from partying, I want to listen to something WAY slower:music:

So......what Chill/Ambient albums are you into or recommend?

Me, I love Air, Jem, Alpha, Groove Armada, Suba and many others.

Your Turn,
Abominus
:puff:

Really appreciate Marco Torrance's productions at the moment. This guy can do no wrong.:grinning:xDx

Groove Armada rocks, got me through some tough times, Zero 7 is mellow and i also gotta throw A Beautiful Machine in there, not what most might expect but definately mellow.

Last edited:
Really appreciate Marco Torrance's productions at the moment. This guy can do no wrong.:grinning:xDx

Did you hear his "From Jasmund to Wittow" mix? Awesome stuff :)

Red Jerry has two of my favorite chill albums:

Red Jerry - Chilled Euphoria
Red Jerry - Deep and Chilled Euphoria

DI.fm also has a good chillout channel.

as well as a good ambient channel too. :grinning::music:

Stumbled across this guy on audiojelly one day.not stopped listening since.
xDx :music:

as well as a good ambient channel too. :grinning::music:

Could you recommend a few ambient artists/albums please? I've been getting increasingly more into ambient lately. Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Could you recommend a few ambient artists/albums please? I've been getting increasingly more into ambient lately. Thanks in advance :)

Ur welcome!:grinning:

Pete Namlook
Tetsu inoue
Zilent Zpott
Xerxes

are some of my fav chill/ambient arists :music::music:

Airdrawndagger f'sure. Also L.S.G. - Into Deep.

Anyone here familiar with an artist by the name of "S. Zeilenga"? He did a chillout track called "Purple Mountain Majesties" that I really loved.

covercopyav3xk4.jpg

Since 1996, the project ASURA has polished a personal electronic universe sound, between trance psychedelic, Ambient and World music. Made by many influences, their music does not remain about it less one personal and considered creation, centered on the perpetual search of infinite spaces and multiple origins. Powered by both electronic machines and acoustic instruments, they have created a very distinctive sound which has contributed to making Asura one of the most recognizable bands of the World Ambient Trance genre. Monotonous melancholic lyrics, symphonic waves, fast and slow rhythms, heavy or throbbing, liturgical songs, ASURA introduces a certain solemn vision of the world. Recognized everywhere, little known in France, their titles "Code Eternity " and "Lost Eden" however had many dance at the time of large Trance raves all over the world. Vincent Villuis left the band to concentrate on his new project, Aes Dana, in 2001, and was replaced by Alex Ackerman.

The second album, Lost Eden, was out in 2003.

Since July 2005, after the departure of Christopher Maze and Alex Ackerman, ASURA became a solo project, composed by C. Farewell, co-founder of the project.

The third and newest album, Life?, was released on July 7, 2007, through Ultimae Records.
Life? marks its time as the return of the original Asura sound, with 10 strong tracks, composed by melodic echoes, Aramean tribal rhythms, ethereal duduks, hypnotic basslines, symphonic orchestrations, fusion of gentleness and strength blending into acid themes. The outcome is melancholic yet positive, as any renewal would be, a tangible passage, sort of a second life...

Right now Asura make an agreement with electronic music label Soundmute recordings, and first ambient EP will be released for this record label at Ambilight group, sub label of Soundmute recordings.
Enjoy

Title: Afterain EP
Artists: Asura
Label: Soundmute recordings
Tracks: 2
Format: Digital
Distributer: Beat port & Juno download
Release date: August 2008

Track list:
A1: Afterain
B1: Planisphere 7 part one

Artist info:
ASURA music - the Official website
MySpace.com - ASURA - FR - Ambient / Down-tempo / Trance - www.myspace.com/asuramusic

Preview samples:
.:: SOUNDMUTE RECORDINGS ::.
MySpace.com - Soundmute Recordings - Serbia (Srbija) & - Techno / Trance / Ambient - www.myspace.com/soundmuterecordings