Classic Tracks

Sasha Pidann

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

What have been some of the tracks you guys have never stopped playing? You know what i am talking about, that one rare track that you have to play over and over again in many of your sets and it still stays fresh...

For me it has to be "CICADA - EDGE", released in 2002, it was the first house song that didn't make me want to laugh. Ever since i have been hooken on hooligan house, genre is so unique and creative that even those of us who spin pure trance can't get away from it.

I had to pay 50pounds for the original record. A heafty sum by any means, but i believe it was worth it. I have also ripped it as an mp3 for all of your enjoyment.

It was an opening track I played for my set @ Sambuca on New Years Eve in Calgay, which i will post in the very near future.

So check the track out, Cicada - Edge, from Critical M*** Records; you won't be disappointed!

Cheers,

Sasha Pidann

What I've never stopped playing is:

01. Age of Love - Age of Love (Marco V Remix)
02. Cafe Del Mar - Energy 52
03. Verachocha - Carte Blanche
04. Silverblue - Do You Know
05. Ayla - Angelfalls
06. DaRude - Sandstorm
07. DJ Tiesto - Flight 643
08. Junior Jack - My Feeling

Too much to name, really... I've been bangin' cl***ics every day. All of these I named are awesome, and will never get old in EDM.

Cheers bro.

few that come to mind

Rank 1 - Airwave (Original Mix)
Altitude - Altitude (Shokk remix)
Verachocha - Carte Blanche
Gouryella - Gouryella
System F - Out of the Blue
Saltwater - The Legacy

Some awesome tracks!
'
I love that cafe del mar track as well.

Off topic: Anyone know what the name is of that young DJ who is supposed to be really good and I guess apparently following in DJ Tiesto's foot steps?

jedrekmaly said:
Some awesome tracks!
'

Off topic: Anyone know what the name is of that young DJ who is supposed to be really good and I guess apparently following in DJ Tiesto's foot steps?

jon o'bir? menno de jong? both young and talented DJ's rising up the ranks

Yes tiesto paved the way, as well as oakenfold. Speaking of tiesto I go see him live in concert on the 24th go me:p

DjRoo0 said:
Yes tiesto paved the way, as well as oakenfold. Speaking of tiesto I go see him live in concert on the 24th go me:p

perfect time to get the word out... anywhom have fun Roo0, let us know how it went.

DjRoo0 said:
DAMN YOU! >P I was supposed to make it to TIC2, but I bought a car and some unexpected finances came up that cleaned me out dry.

Im angry as well since I missed Armin Van Buuren here in Calgary at the Whiskey Night club. I heard it was a pretty good show. ARGH! X0

How old is jon o'bir? I was hearing that the DJ in question is still a teen I think? he's like 16 or 17... maybe I am just crazy!

Make a party report when you get back, and make sure to share some pics as well. That would be really awesome of you.

jedrekmaly said:
Some awesome tracks!
'

I'd probably go with Maor Levi and Joni Ljungqvist for the youngest producer/DJs at the moment.

jedrekmaly said:
DAMN YOU! >P I was supposed to make it to TIC2, but I bought a car and some unexpected finances came up that cleaned me out dry.

Im angry as well since I missed Armin Van Buuren here in Calgary at the Whiskey Night club. I heard it was a pretty good show. ARGH! X0

How old is jon o'bir? I was hearing that the DJ in question is still a teen I think? he's like 16 or 17... maybe I am just crazy!

Make a party report when you get back, and make sure to share some pics as well. That would be really awesome of you.

Jon O'Bir is in his 20's I believe. He's a good producer, nonetheless.

jedrekmaly said:

I Think you mean DJ Phynn, saw him a couple of times.
He's mixed the new In Trance We Trust part 11 en is also nominated by Mixmag for Hero of 2006

Back on topic:
Cygnus X - Superstring
Gouryella - Walhalla
Cygnus X - The Orange Theme
Tiësto - Theme of Norefjell
Paul Oakenfold - Southern Sun (Tiësto ISOS Remix)

Last edited:
The party was actually very good, ill upload pictures when i get them

Dj Ron_e said:
tiesto is making his yearly visit to scotland 23rd june it sold out in 4 hrs without any posters or flyers ,got my tickets anouther nite of chemical maddness

jedrekmaly said:
Grobo: Do you know how old he is?

I got is biograpy here.

Biography:
Phynn (real name Finne Jager) was born in Nieuwegein (Holland) on December 6th, 1984. As a young child Finne already showed an interest in music and musical instruments. He was very motivated by his father who was also very musical and enthousiastic about music. At the age of 11 Finne started taking keyboard lessons which he continued taking for 5 years. It was in 2000 that he got introduced to electronic dance music when he heard Cygnus X - Superstring, and he was hooked to this type of music immediately.

He started exploring the possibilities of making electronic dance music with computers and synthesizers, and after a while of practice he felt that it was time to take it to the next level. He decided to participate in an Ernesto vs. Bastian remix contest, and out of hundreds of contestants Finne was one of the winners. He got in touch with Sony's FTM label and did some remix work for them (including his remix of DJ Ernesto - Stop 9.5 which was released in 2004 and was still on the playlist of many top djs in 2005). It was in the second half of 2004 where Finne decided to make a track with his friend Bart van Wissen aka Fictivision. The result was 'Escape', which was released on DJ Tiësto's Black Hole Recordings, a track that got both Bart and Finne's names on the international trance map. After that, Finne produced a number of well-received remixes and solo EP's, including hits like 'Exotica' and 'Lucid'. Now he is an exclusive artist at Black Hole Recordings, and his tracks are widely supported by the worlds biggest DJ's such as Tiësto, Armin van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Paul van Dyk, Judge Jules and so forth. But Finne's abilities are not limited to producing, he is also a skilled DJ who knows how to read a crowd. He is constantly getting more and more gig offers and travels around the world to show the people his mixing skills and track selection. He is always trying to improve himself and his music, and he works really hard to please his fans. 2005 ended with a killer set after Tiësto's performance at the HMH in Amsterdam at the Tiësto.com party. The beginning of 2006 started with two big steps in the career of Phynn. Black Hole Recordings asked him to mix the 11th edition of the famous In Trance We Trust mix series, following the footsteps of Misja Helsloot, Cor Fijneman, Ton TB, Mark Norman, Stigma, Johan Gielen, Lars Holte and Eyal Barkan. Furthermore, one of the biggest dance magazines in the world, Mixmag Magazine, chose Phynn as one of the Future Heroes of 2006 in their January 2006 edition. It is with great expectations that we look out to what this youngster has to bring us in the future..

So he is 21 years old.
You could also check his website: http://www.phynn.com
I saw this guy play 3 times now, and he is really a great new talented dj.

GroBo said:
I got is biograpy here.

Biography:
Phynn (real name Finne Jager) was born in Nieuwegein (Holland) on December 6th, 1984. As a young child Finne already showed an interest in music and musical instruments. He was very motivated by his father who was also very musical and enthousiastic about music. At the age of 11 Finne started taking keyboard lessons which he continued taking for 5 years. It was in 2000 that he got introduced to electronic dance music when he heard Cygnus X - Superstring, and he was hooked to this type of music immediately.

He started exploring the possibilities of making electronic dance music with computers and synthesizers, and after a while of practice he felt that it was time to take it to the next level. He decided to participate in an Ernesto vs. Bastian remix contest, and out of hundreds of contestants Finne was one of the winners. He got in touch with Sony's FTM label and did some remix work for them (including his remix of DJ Ernesto - Stop 9.5 which was released in 2004 and was still on the playlist of many top djs in 2005). It was in the second half of 2004 where Finne decided to make a track with his friend Bart van Wissen aka Fictivision. The result was 'Escape', which was released on DJ Tiësto's Black Hole Recordings, a track that got both Bart and Finne's names on the international trance map. After that, Finne produced a number of well-received remixes and solo EP's, including hits like 'Exotica' and 'Lucid'. Now he is an exclusive artist at Black Hole Recordings, and his tracks are widely supported by the worlds biggest DJ's such as Tiësto, Armin van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Paul van Dyk, Judge Jules and so forth. But Finne's abilities are not limited to producing, he is also a skilled DJ who knows how to read a crowd. He is constantly getting more and more gig offers and travels around the world to show the people his mixing skills and track selection. He is always trying to improve himself and his music, and he works really hard to please his fans. 2005 ended with a killer set after Tiësto's performance at the HMH in Amsterdam at the Tiësto.com party. The beginning of 2006 started with two big steps in the career of Phynn. Black Hole Recordings asked him to mix the 11th edition of the famous In Trance We Trust mix series, following the footsteps of Misja Helsloot, Cor Fijneman, Ton TB, Mark Norman, Stigma, Johan Gielen, Lars Holte and Eyal Barkan. Furthermore, one of the biggest dance magazines in the world, Mixmag Magazine, chose Phynn as one of the Future Heroes of 2006 in their January 2006 edition. It is with great expectations that we look out to what this youngster has to bring us in the future..

So he is 21 years old.
You could also check his website: http://www.phynn.com
I saw this guy play 3 times now, and he is really a great new talented dj.
Crazyness, I wonder if this is the guy I heard about, but it sounds like him. Thanks for the FYI!

classic tracks for me (in no particular order):
Alphazone - Revelation
RMB feat Talla 2XLC - Spring 2003
Chicane - Saltwater
DJ Tatana - Soul Cry
RIVA - Run Away

and many more, esp. Alphazone productions & other hard trance plus some old melodic uplifting tunes (Airbase - Genie etc.)

Some of my favs that i play wery often;

Cygnus X - Superstring
Verachocha - Carte Blanche
Rank 1 - Airwave (Sunset chillout remix)
Above & Beyond - Air for life (Any remix)
Armin Van Buuren - Shivers (Alex m.o.r.p.h. dub mix)
Paul Van Dyke - Nothing but you (Radio mix)
Tiesto feat bt - Love comes again (Mark Norman remix)
Svenson & Gielen - The Beauty Of Silence (radio edit)

+ many more!! But these were the ones that bounced in my head first!

Some of the classics tracks I've used in my sets...

Lost Tribe - Gamemaster
Above & Beyond - No One On Earth
Bedrock - Heaven Scent
Delerium - Silence
Cass & Slide - Perception

That's just a few I've used multiple times... all of them have their place in trance history.

Tony Walker - Fields of Joy (Original Mix) <3 <3 <3
BT - Godspeed
Binary Finary - 1999
System F - Out of the Blue
Rank 1 - Airwave
Iio - Rapture (Airbase Mix) and (Rising Star Mix)

There is many many more I am probably missing. I should do a classics mix one day =P

Back