Deadmau5 - Not Exactly

DarkMemoria

Registered
Reaction score
I know this is a fairly old track by now...

but I'm STILL giving it a crazy amount of listens on my playlist.

I absolutely love playing this one at the clubs - whether I'm playing trancier sets or more commercial dance ones, it fits in so well, especially with good lighting!

Perhaps its less trancey than you guys might like, but its definately in my top 5 tunes of the year!

No way, over the past few months ive really ditched the uplift for prog house and stuff like this

But i have to say I think Deadmau5's Jaded is an equally as good if not better song (Faxing Berlin isnt that great)

Not my style! I wish deadmau5 gone! Annoying when trance djs play his nonsense..

agreeing with DL. while this kind of stuff isn't bad by itself at all, it simply isn't trance (or even progressive!) and shouldn't be allowed to invade the trance scene. stuff like is what i blame for the downfall of trance (if such a thing is happening anyway).

ah common' some tracks of Deadmau5 ARE progressive. Tracks like Faxing Berlin, Jaded, Not Exactly and Contact DO have even have a trancy feel in it.
I don't know how you could blame Deadmau5 for the downfall of the trancescene, that's pure nonsense, sorry to say. Deadmau5 never intended his tracks to be played by Armin. If there's any one to blame for the huge amount of crap trance these days it's the producers itself losing their creativity and gaining their copy skills in order to get played by Armin on ASOT. And Armin shouldn't even play those tracks, he's also to blame. The good trance tracks don't get exposed..
The fact that Armin plays some other styles in the beginning of his show is actually a very good thing. It means less other trance tracks being played, which will cause the producers to work more on their tracks, instead of giving in some average stuff to Armin.

The fact that trance is getting a downfall is to blame to things like that, not to some guys named Deadmau5 or Pryda. They don't intend their tracks to be played by Armin and others. They make floor-orientated tracks for their own style, how could that possibly destroy trance? Can they help it that Armin chooses to play house and stuff like that instead of trance? In my honest opinion: of course not.

If there's any one to blame for the huge amount of crap trance these days it's the producers itself losing their creativity and gaining their copy skills in order to get played by Armin on ASOT.

Bingo

+1... well said Config.

Its amazing how generic alot of the uplifting stuff you hear nowadays is - yes you might like it, but theres nothing memorable about alot of the tracks.

I'm not crazy about everything Deadmau5 makes, but his sound is really quite easy on the ears.

Not Exactly my style. **** Deadmau5, who was Deadrat6? anyone know?

Not Exactly my style. **** Deadmau5, who was Deadrat6? anyone know?

Uncle Meatballs a.k.a Markus Schossow...intended as a joke originally, that went too far :lol::lol:

armin played a Deadrat6 on a ASOT show, he said it was maybe Deadmau5 little brother, props on Markus Schossow!

Nice, not great.

Mouse rox :mml: :super:

Back