Doesn't it get under your skin when..

i have the same problem here in texas.....there is very few people that i meet that love trance...sometimes i think that i am living in the wrong country :lol:the most ive meet is here on AH in which i love and of course at DJ sets :bravo:

i can say that i am 1000% trance made! :bravo::super:and i know very few girls who are really into trance like i am :) gotta love us females! :bravo:

but i do hate when people call trance techno! i find that VERY offensive...but then again i give them a trance lesson and put of some of my mad beatzz! :super::bravo:

I'm from texas and I love trance. However I must make a confession. I'm new in this scene and don't know the difference between trance and techno. Can someone explain to me i'm confused.

I am just making my own world. I do not need to explain to some people what is this and what is that. It is their life and they choose their own path.

Anyway, to relate to the discussion. I think, we are. We could seek a lot of music to find out something about this music. It is in our blood. Some people just do not care what they are listening to, some of them are closed to the other genres and some of them can really spend their time on looking for something what they will really like.

I'm from texas and I love trance. However I must make a confession. I'm new in this scene and don't know the difference between trance and techno. Can someone explain to me i'm confused.

Most techno is made up of pounding beats that stay there through the whole song, and as time goes on cool sounds are added on top of the background beats.
Now there are more kinds of Techno but thats you usually how its described and most techno sounds.

Trance has many many sub genres so its harder to describe, but the basic kinda trance, is bascily driving, like it can sound like its being pulled sometimes, some stuff stays the same, but its really evolving music.
You usually hear it grow to a more loud sound whether it me vocal trance or non vocal when comes to anthem trance and uplifting trance.
But then theres melodic trance that stays at least some what the same but has diferent parts of the song go back and forth. Like one kind of melody and then comes another and then back to the first, but still has that trancy sound.

There are many other genres in both trance and techno, after a while you can tell what sub genres are for either techno or trance. Both Techno and Trance have very distinct sounds that make your head go thats Techno or thats Trance, it just takes a bit more time to figure it out, but trust me you do eventually if you keep hearing this music.

I myself like trance more then techno, but that doesn't mean techno is totally awesome too!

Basic Examples
Techno: YouTube - Model 500 - Night Drive (Time space Transmat)
Trance: YouTube - Talla 2XLC feat. Skysurfer - Terra Australis

remember though there are many sub genres of both genres, you just have to figure out the basic sound of each main genre and you will be able to easily hear them in their sub genres too.

Hope that helps :) :friends:

Thank you, Ricatrance1!! Great stuff. I think in America the word techno is used so broadly, like anything from Scooter and 2Unlimited of the 90's to modern progressive house is called techno... It sure can be confusing for somebody who is new to EDM!

Thank you, Ricatrance1!! Great stuff. I think in America the word techno is used so broadly, like anything from Scooter and 2Unlimited of the 90's to modern progressive house is called techno... It sure can be confusing for somebody who is new to EDM!

yeah i get you, your absoulutely true. I'm sorry about that. Yeah like if I hadn't gotten lucky, and not had one of the rare electronic music stations over here in WA, in the US, then I would've had the same problem as you. Its totally not your fault, I wouldn't get any of the differences either.
ahhaha scooter :p that stuff so bad man! as for 2limited i don't even know what that is *goes to search it up*
Anyways good luck with it, I could point out some djs/producer for you if you'd like. What genre do you like more Techno or Trance? Plus keep in mind theres many other genres in Electronic Music to check out too! :)

just looked up 2 unlimted, and its just 90s dance music.... really goofy 90s dance that is, but then again isn't all 90s dance goofy hehehee

Last edited by a moderator:

Back