Freedom of speech vs Perfect Balance..

just want to state that there was absolutely no point where i said AH.FM was corrupt. And not everything is solved up to date.
I know the money on my equipment is spent well , but still i'm disappointed about the way everything happened. But like i said in the last post i made, i'll stop this fuss for now, since i don't want to trash AH.FM in any kind of way. I hope Dan changes his mind on some parts in the end.

cheers

Sorry, meant r-tan abt that post...

It's a bit late I found this topic, I guess that's what you get when you don't check forums a lot :p .

I think everyone can have his own oppinion, I also realise that the show was cancelled because of the style I chose to play, and ofcourse some extra reasons aswell, as Dan pointed out. I can't say I'm happy with the show being cancelled, I personally hope that Dan will try to find trance dj's who are openminded to fill the two hour gap (if he hasn't already), so that some diversity may still continue on afterhours.fm.

The show was started when I was still playing more trance then anything else, those times have changed so it's quite possible that I'm not representing the style of the station anymore. But i've chosen to represent my own style, which I hope everyone accepts. Since i never released any track, there is no way to say that I was once trance and that I did a crappy style change. I've had my roots as a dj in trance, because of the influince of my brother. I still enjoy some sorts of trance, but have I found out that for me that Techno, House & electro better suit me as a dj and as a individual.

Now, I recently closed negotiations with another radio station for Perfect Balance, so with the new year comes also a new start for Perfect Balance, those who are interested can check my myspace soon for more info.

Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks to all who supported us with this show, and also thanks to Dan for giving us a shot at it and still let me do my thing in my own show.

see you around all,
Simon

Wow that's some heavy reading that's for sure but I made sure that I read most of it as I've had a niggling concern in the back of my own head the past couple of weeks regarding my style of mixing.

I only heard about what had happened with regard to the listener drop; a while after. How does the old saying go,

"You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time."

Listener drops are bound to happen, and I don't think any DJ actually wants that to happen do they? But if it keeps happening, then something isn't right. I don't know the exact technicalities as I've not seen usage statistics for the site, although that would be really interesting as an resident DJ to see that information so I can adjust accordingly too.

I love all genres of EDM, and feel for you with respect to loosing listeners.

One thing you said really confused me though,

In the end it's all about money then.. well i'm sorry i really did all that i could to upgrade my equipment first, i had huge bills (i payed almost 2000 dollars for it) also and in the end it's half a waste , cuz i lose one hour of time..

I really do not think that should have been said really and it's actually really disrespectful to every other resident DJ on the station, although I'm sure you didn't mean it to be, it just shouldn't have been said. We all have costs, it's part and parcel of it and separates the wheat from the chaff when it comes to finding out who is serious about being a DJ and who isn't. Please don't take that as a personal dig to you, as I know you are serious about being a DJ, that's quite evident from the passion and anger put into your posts, but that should never have been said.

From what I've just read, I presume that it is still okay to mix styles? i.e. play a little house, a little trance, a little progressive house etc, that's all I've ever really done and all I enjoy doing personally. I just can't do the flat out uplift uplift, my heart isn't with it and my set for ah.fm uplift 1 really went to prove that.

Anyway, I hope I haven't stirred anything else up, I just felt it was right to comment in here due to my own varied style.

I hope it all gets sorted guys!

:loveah:

Back