Guess What (game)

i wasn't born back then :P:mask:

no?...judging by your wisdom i would have thought you were :lol:

1911?...what you talking about? lol...they are still used to this day :P

Ah .. so it was a lathe machine ... why didnt I think in those lines .. I see one everyday at factory ... its much much bigger than this one though!

ah well, never heard of them before, not even the name 'lathe' :) , i hope the next one will be a bit more easy :)

Well its one of the machines present in any big workshop. All process plants and heavy industries have one. A marvelous machine to cut out unique machine parts from a Iron block.

Well its one of the machines present in any big workshop. All process plants and heavy industries have one. A marvelous machine to cut out unique machine parts from a Iron block.

ah well, never been in a big workshop so that explains a lot :)

OK, this should be easy, but we'll see:
Gwii.JPG

is that a part of the picture :hmmm:

ok... a crane?

A Lathe:
Take a piece of wood, bolt it to the left side, and move that centering jig to the other side, then turn it on. The wood(or whatever material spins, Place a cutting tool on that T shaped platform near the material and you can cut out groves.
We used these in Shop class when I went to school, long time ago. I made a Bowl, and you can see the common item known as a staircase spindal, which is a prime example of a product made from a wood lathe. Factories would have Metal lathes.

is that a part of the picture :hmmm:

ok... a crane?

It almost the whole picture, the top of the piece sticking up is not shown.

Nope. But good guess.

some thing that hoists up a flag :grinning:

a trebuchet :super:

Rody has it.
Its a Trebuchet.:super:

Your Turn Rody:grinning:

This particular picture is the actual photo I took from my phone.
My son built it from plans he bought online. It fires a marble about 100 meters with amazing accuracy. The actual unit sits about 1 meter high.

Last edited:

Back