Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked out HD 615 it is way out of my budget.My budget is around $120.00 ,also if impedance is more for headphone does it mean it needs an amp to drive them.

Eg impedance 32 ohm for sennheiser & alessandro
For sony mdr v6/7506 it is 63 ohm.

be a real dj like me only use head phone for cue try mixing without the head phone ...... you will become a better mixer..... try it .... i been djaying since 1977...

I amm not a DJ ,I just want headphones for home use.

i have Technics RP-DJ 1210.... veeerrry loud, superb basses and very good sound quality and materials. The technics are extreme "everythingproof" :) maybe i point out some features... IMO:
+ sound quality
+ sound pressure (very loud)
+ extrmely resistant
+ good features
+ cable + jack
- if using for long listening to music etc. they may be uncomfortable...

thats my subjective opinion...

i have those technics also, and can agree with revel on the long listening issue, as they do press on your ears!

if its not bassy response etc that your after, then you cant go wrong with sennheiser, i have just broken the headband on a pair of hd280 pro's recently, but they are crisp and light which makes long listening a breeze, and they sit over your ears which is a bonus!

there are plenty of sennheiser models though, so see what suits you??? :grinning:

I have bought Alessandro MS 1 they are amazing.awsome punch,though they need to be broken in for about 25 hrs

I have bought Alessandro MS 1 they are amazing.awsome punch,though they need to be broken in for about 25 hrs

WTF?! 25 hours to break them in!!:confused:

But are they good DJ headphones? I just can't see them used as DJ headphones

I amm not a DJ ,I just want headphones for home use.

If You not a Dj I think be good to You headphones Philips SHP 2000 or higer :D .
They not cost allot but sound from phones is verry nice. Verry good basse and treble. So what I can say more . If You want great headphones in small cost this is for You . I have this headpones since yesterday and I'm verry happy to use them .

P.S
They are good to music create and mastering ;)

All the best ,
Cheers .

Sony MDRV700DJs Top the best!!

Sony MDRV700DJs ,
Airbase use's them, Yahel, Dj Ross, etc

There quite good which i heard, i can say nothing much because i havent bought one yet, but im planing to,

So Cheers!!

:Trance For Ever:

Sony MDRV700DJs ,
Airbase use's them, Yahel, Dj Ross, etc

There quite good which i heard, i can say nothing much because i havent bought one yet, but im planing to,

So Cheers!!

:Trance For Ever:

I have heard good things about those headphones as well:grinning:

I use the Pioneer's HDJ 1000, and I'm really relaxed with them...I can hear my beat matching mistakes without any problem, even the tiny ones that you normally cant notice on some speakers...

and btw the mixer's output also plays a major role in the headphone's sound quality so you should also make sure ur mixer has a good output quality...

I use the Pioneer's HDJ 1000, and I'm really relaxed with them...I can hear my beat matching mistakes without any problem, even the tiny ones that you normally cant notice on some speakers...

and btw the mixer's output also plays a major role in the headphone's sound quality so you should also make sure ur mixer has a good output quality...

Pioneer , which my cousin told me that they top all with their great sound qulity, but.... -the Pioneer HDJ 1000 tend to break like crazy which i heard, they mostly last up to 4-6 months,

ok since everyone are talking about a proper headphones I'd like to know if someone could recomend a good canalphones or earbuds around $30-40 price. My old ones starts breaking up :D

i want to have clear sound with good basses without too much hassle to fit them in your ear.

ok since everyone are talking about a proper headphones I'd like to know if someone could recomend a good canalphones or earbuds around $30-40 price. My old ones starts breaking up :D

i want to have clear sound with good basses without too much hassle to fit them in your ear.

If you are in the States, you can check out Amazon.com. They have TONS of those earphones ranging in all prices:grinning:

If you are in the States, you can check out Amazon.com. They have TONS of those earphones ranging in all prices:grinning:

i know there is but thats what makes it so difficult too many choices :mask:
any suggestions?

i know there is but thats what makes it so difficult too many choices :mask:
any suggestions?

Well, I am not too familiar with those sort of headphones but, I can say that you cannot go wrong with Sony, Harman Kardon and Sennheiser. I would not go with Bose. BOSE=SUCKS. Trust me. I would never buy ANYTHING Bose.

If you want to spend some more, go with the Etymotic Research ones. They make the "hi-fi earplugs" that I wear at the clubs and those are awesome.

Search around a bit for those brands I mentioned in your price range and read the reviews too:music:

Let me know if you need any more help:hug:

Abominus

Well I thought I'd best post a follow up to what I decided on in the end. I got myself some Pioneer HDJ-1000's even though noone has raved about them here, which is surprising actually as they are excellent, although I certainly wouldn't recommend them for reference listening as they are far too harsh in mid range.

http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v249/73/59/654121370/n654121370_848127_201.jpg

Just try not to buy fakes, if you think you are getting them really cheap, then they are probably fake,

eBay.co.uk Guides - How to spot a Fake, Replica HDJ 1000

Pros:

Very f***ing loud
The foam cups block out allot of background noise
Solid build

Cons:

Very f***ing loud, and if you have sensitive hearing they will hurt, so keep them to a minimum!
Swivel heads aren't as free as the Sony design, although they are solid.
Not good for reference listening as they do not produce a flat response.
Expensive

Well I thought I'd best post a follow up to what I decided on in the end. I got myself some Pioneer HDJ-1000's even though noone has raved about them here, which is surprising actually as they are excellent, although I certainly wouldn't recommend them for reference listening as they are far too harsh in mid range.

http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v249/73/59/654121370/n654121370_848127_201.jpg

Just try not to buy fakes, if you think you are getting them really cheap, then they are probably fake,

eBay.co.uk Guides - How to spot a Fake, Replica HDJ 1000

Pros:

Very f***ing loud
The foam cups block out allot of background noise
Solid build

Cons:

Very f***ing loud, and if you have sensitive hearing they will hurt, so keep them to a minimum!
Swivel heads aren't as free as the Sony design, although they are solid.
Not good for reference listening as they do not produce a flat response.
Expensive

I am glad that you picked a set of headphones that you are happy with. I was wondering which ones you went with after all this time:music:

Abominus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back