Help with editing a song..

pasha-m

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking for a program that will allow me to edit a song, my goal is to cut out a certain beat, while leaving the other unchanged, i think this has something to do with breaking the song down by its bandwiths, but im not sure. Thanks for your replyies

Pasha,

Hello,

I'm looking for a program that will allow me to edit a song, my goal is to cut out a certain beat, while leaving the other unchanged, i think this has something to do with breaking the song down by its bandwiths, but im not sure. Thanks for your replyies

Pasha,

Not bandwidth, the word you're looking for is frequency.
Nearly every DJ filters frequencies in their transitions but imo that's the only time it works because you're kinda replacing frequencies from one track with some from another.
Editing a single downmixed track satisfactory is nigh impossible as you try to filter a particular beat it will overlay frequencies with other instruments and effects so even if you succeed it mostly will sound muddy and there will be remnants of what you tried to get rid of (vocal edits anyone?), also if it's EDM the track will have the shit compressed out of it.
I'm not aware of a plug-in for any DAW that would do this work satisfactory, frequency manipulation is mostly EQ and you could try your luck with re-recording the track and apply some filters or eqing it differently.
But without the stem files which are rare and rarely accessable to the public (you don't happen to be working on Kanye West's Love Lockdown)
it's very tricky if not impossible to do proper, you will be spending a lot of time trying loads of things but nothing will really sound good.

Edit:
thread should be in Music Discussion or Equipment btw.

Last edited:

Back