If U Thought Tiesto Was Good, Look Here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALKW4OeAcTg

Armin V B at Serenity....now who here has the balls to actually let Jan Wayne do piano part of the song...LIVE IN FRONT OF ALL AMSTERDAM!!!!!

now...doesnt tiesto suck or what :p

It's Jan Vayne, not Jan Wayne. Jan Vayne is the dutch pianist, Jan Wayne makes cheesy music :p

Too bad the communication part that came right after isn't in the vid. That was very nice too :)

I am a TIESTO fan....HOWEVER....

while I have some personal respect for MagikMusik for the accomplishment of what I will refer to as 'pre-cut music' or 'pre-programmed music' as a sort of innovation to the world of TRANCE music, I will not hold TIESTO or MagikMusik above any other TRANCE artist I consider respectable....because...

very simply...THERE WERE those BEFORE TIESTO and there will be those AFTER TIESTO...

AND THEN...in my HUMBLEST opinion ;) , 'THE TIESTO SHOW' (or what I am able to research about his shows) is starting to remind me a little of a MAGIC act....(no pun intended)...

When I listen to 'In Search of Sunrise, Vol. 5', I am hearing a blend of other kinds of music other than TRANCE..which is a good thing in a way because the blending helps to pull his mixes together....but TRANCE is TRANCE. I won't try to explain that one...I could take up wayyyy too much space......Also, I am not the most knowledgable source on THE HISTORY of TRANCE music....

IN A NUTSHELL: TIESTO is probably faddishly innovative and a wonderful frontman for MagikMusik but he is NOT THE BEST TRANCE artist in the world....

I am looking at ARMIN VAN BUUREN to fill that spot . Just thought I would share!:ah:

Have a good weekend yall!

Elaine =)

OOOPS...it just occurred to me that I posted the above on the wrong thread....maybe I should not have posted it in "THE COMEDY CORNER"...lol..oh well, it was just a response...

rofll
tiesto= trasho
aside from leathal industry all of "his" songs suck
i dont think it was really needed for vayne to be there
but what do i know

The music that Tiesto produces is not that great at all. Only a few of his productions were good. He is known for his remixing skills and not his productions skills...

The music that Tiesto produces is not that great at all. Only a few of his productions were good. He is known for his remixing skills and not his productions skills...

i havent heard one remix by him
besides "he's a pirate"
which at best was interesting

i havent heard one remix by him
besides "he's a pirate"
which at best was interesting

Dude, Delerium featuring Sarah McLachlan - Silence (Tiësto's "In Search of Sunrise" Remix)!
The Real Beginning to his success.
When were you born if you've missed this one!?

Also...
Madonna - Die another day (Tiësto's "Dedicated" Remix)
Radiohead - Street spirit (fade out)(Tiësto Remix)
Booming tracks both of em.

Take a look at the production notes of Tiësto's releases, and you'll notice, almost none of them (after "Lethal Industry") are produced by Tijs himself.

Back to the point of performing live stuff.

I guess you've seen TIC (Tiësto in Concert), otherwise, delete the thread, see em and make a new thread...

There are alot of live performances in em, but... some are... not that great, and most are boring sadly.
When Andain sang it sounded really false, on the dvd, they covered it up with voice over thou.

If Tijs have had his way on TIC, all "his" tunes with vocals would have been live performade, sadly enough, Skin canceled in the last minute, one act I was looking forward to.

Anyway... Between the two Tijs / Armin, Tijs's concept is still standing while Armin Only feels alittle bit like "I wanna do that thing too!"

What was it you wanted to state with Jan playing piano at Sensation anyway...

Further more...
On Air : Sensation White (2005)(02-07-2005) / 11. Armin van Buuren with performance by Jan Vayne - Serenity (Original Mix) ;)

Last edited:
Thanks! I was too lazy to write all that, but that's exactly what I was thinking!

:choon:

Its at Sensation white 2005 actually. And i think tiesto wouldnt mind to do something like armin and jan Vayne did.

Tiesto had live vocals by Jes Brieden many times. And oh those rock :p:

Thanks! I was too lazy to write all that, but that's exactly what I was thinking!

:choon:

I'm also lazy but agree with 'Anuga' - such a lot of work glad

you saved me doing it.

cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALKW4OeAcTg

Armin V B at Serenity....now who here has the balls to actually let Jan Wayne do piano part of the song...LIVE IN FRONT OF ALL AMSTERDAM!!!!!

now...doesnt tiesto suck or what :p

Tiesto in Concert the dvd of his second Tiesto in concert, Tiesto ft. Children of Orphious - Suburban train, there is no way that can beat Jan Vayne's piano set.

And if you really want to hear some good, try if you can find the live set of Trance energy 2004, Rank 1 live, both dj and producer were on stage and making live music in keyboard and dj booth!

Tiesto is good, well. He isn't the best one out there. I've seen more talented guys then Tiesto.

I like him in someway. Dont know how. He is lite special.

I've seen him live 2 times. First Sensation White 2006, second time Tiesto @Berns, Stockholm, Sweden.

I agree with Anuga, and i think AvB is going to take Tiesto's place as the "Ambassador of Trance". If he hasn't already.

About more talented guys. Ever heard Ultraform?
I think Anuga agrees here to, His set at Mondaybar Lucia cruise last week was good. Freaking good.

And i think there is loads of better DJ's.
Tiesto was/is good as a producer. He made some realy nice tunes. Same with AvB.
As a DJ i just got to love Eddie Halliwell, hes so technical.
Best DJ set i've ever heard. Live or mix is Talla 2XLC's liveset from Mondaybar Lucia Cruise.

He made me freak in 2 hours. Then Eddie, after that off to another Swedish DJ Ferren who is a hard style DJ.

I'm waiting to see what Anuga says about those sets. But they where amazing. Number 1 at my place right now is Talla 2XLC.

Indeed, both Eddie and Talla made a huge impression, both are abit in the dark, cause they don't have radioshows or big sponsers behind em.

Since AvB and Tijs performances, many, much more talented DJ's and Producer's has awaken and shown that there are more to it, then being a namn.

Indeed, both Eddie and Talla made a huge impression, both are abit in the dark, cause they don't have radioshows or big sponsers behind em.

Since AvB and Tijs performances, many, much more talented DJ's and Producer's has awaken and shown that there are more to it, then being a namn.

That is exactly what I was thinking! It's more then just a name and all the bells and whistles come with being a popular DJ. Unfortuneately, it seems that when a DJ does become popular and makes a lot of money, their performance/talent start to suffer since they don't work as hard... partly because they know that money is being made regardless of what happens and because their known name will bring in more (IMO - from what I have seen with some well known DJs anyways). It's a matter of if one devote's themselves to one cause or another: music or money/popularity.

I don't know of that makes any sense, but what I am trying to say is that money can really change people and many other things.

Last edited:
Tiesto is good, well. He isn't the best one out there. I've seen more talented guys then Tiesto.

I like him in someway. Dont know how. He is lite special.

I've seen him live 2 times. First Sensation White 2006, second time Tiesto @Berns, Stockholm, Sweden.

I agree with Anuga, and i think AvB is going to take Tiesto's place as the "Ambassador of Trance". If he hasn't already.

About more talented guys. Ever heard Ultraform?
I think Anuga agrees here to, His set at Mondaybar Lucia cruise last week was good. Freaking good.

And i think there is loads of better DJ's.
Tiesto was/is good as a producer. He made some realy nice tunes. Same with AvB.
As a DJ i just got to love Eddie Halliwell, hes so technical.
Best DJ set i've ever heard. Live or mix is Talla 2XLC's liveset from Mondaybar Lucia Cruise.

He made me freak in 2 hours. Then Eddie, after that off to another Swedish DJ Ferren who is a hard style DJ.

I'm waiting to see what Anuga says about those sets. But they where amazing. Number 1 at my place right now is Talla 2XLC.

avb Will never have such a magikal live performances as tiesto has. ( sadly )

Armin van Buuren is a typical smart genious what makes him come so far, Tiesto just has the feeling..

Talla 2XLC leads his Technoclub show every thursday, 10PM CET @Sunshine-Live ;)

avb Will never have such a magikal live performances as tiesto has. ( sadly )

Armin van Buuren is a typical smart genious what makes him come so far, Tiesto just has the feeling..

Now that you mention it, Tiesto does have a better feel for the crowd when spining his music. Armin still does an impecable job!:super:

Back