Looking for cd decks.. Anyone got some? Or where's a good place to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IYou are right about the jog wheel on the S1000s being a bit strange, I don't really use it much, just for cueing the track, and the pitch bend buttons the rest of the time. Although I would look allot cooler if I was to get to grips with the jog wheel :lol:
how can you spin at all without using the jog wheel :) i have my hands on it all the time, it's like the most important tool for me :) esp. on a cdj with a precision of only 0.1% (like mine also).

Good luck on getting some 800s! They look amazing, I always have liked the jog wheels on those things, they look really substantial. :wow:
yeah, the sensitivity and the precision of those things is really amazing, you can hear and feel every millimeter of movement of the wheel, be it fast or slow. same goes for the pitch slider, there's no jumping around between two settings are skipping over single steps when moving it (like it happens on the cdj-100 and even worse on the cdj-200 as well), it's precise to the touch. once you used it you never want to go back :) it's really a great step towards coming close to vinyl feeling. the only thing about them that makes me sad is that you cannot set them to a +- 6% pitch range like with their bigger brother cdj-1000 - as they'd have a precision of 0.02% then, which would be _really_ nice.

Last edited:
how can you spin at all without using the jog wheel :) i have my hands on it all the time, it's like the most important tool for me :) esp. on a cdj with a precision of only 0.1% (like mine also).

haha, well, I guess I haven't learnt any other way to be honest, I just press the + or - pitch bend button every so often, it's quite easy to work out how often you need to press it.

yeah, the sensitivity and the precision of those things is really amazing, you can hear and feel every millimeter of movement of the wheel, be it fast or slow. same goes for the pitch slider, there's no jumping around between two settings are skipping over single steps when moving it (like it happens on the cdj-100 and even worse on the cdj-200 as well), it's precise to the touch. once you used it you never want to go back :) it's really a great step towards coming close to vinyl feeling. the only thing about them that makes me sad is that you cannot set them to a +- 6% pitch range like with their bigger brother cdj-1000 - as they'd have a precision of 0.02% then, which would be _really_ nice.

So what's the precision of the 800's? 0.1%? I thought it was more accurate than that, though I guess as you say, it's the superior quality hardware that makes the extra cost rather than pitch precision.

I've never used vinyl personally, I'm a noob! And I prefer small cds over massive heavy boxes of vinyl any day... :lol:

the 800s have a pitch slider precision of 0.05% (at least when set to the +- 10% pitch range), which is really sufficient for most uses. (even the cdj-200s already have 0.05% precision, but their slider hardware basically sucks - you move it a bit and it jumps up/down by 0.15% or even 0.2%, it's really hard trying to set it to a certain specific value.)

i've never used vinyl myself, but sometimes i do wish i'd be using an analog medium, esp at those times when i find that the 0.1% pitch precision just isn't enough (and rarely even 0.05% turns out to be too coarse). it's kinda frustrating when you _know_ the track is playing just a tiny bit too fast, but you cannot set your player to this speed, and instead have to keep turning the wheel every few seconds by an inch or two.

Last edited:
Well if you're looking to buy some good used equipment you can always look on craigslist.com just google the site and then you can check out some gear, hope that helps ya out mate.

I have:
2 x CDJ-100s,
1 x VMX1000,
all nicely packed in a:
1 x custom travel case.

But I think the CDJ's are getting tired, and the sync no longer works, one took a fall:cry:

I'd look for a CDm1000 and 2 CDJ800 mK2'S, yum...:super:

:lovers:

:wow: sexy! I love the blue neon lights in the centre of the jog wheels!

Wanna swap them for my Denons? :lol:

sure no problem, you just gotta pay me the price difference :)

I'm pretty happy with my cdx-05's. Although I've never tried anything else, don't know any dj's down here.

Hey guys we need some help. We work on a DJ software now and we have pretty much mastered it. But now, snice we might get a chance for a show on a radio, we wanted to buy a mixer and 2 CDJs. the mixer we had our eyes on is the pioneer DJM-400 and its for $800. We wanted to buy a good new one but a also basic at the same time since we are just starting. Any ideas what CDJs we should get? And what do u mean 9at the first page) the CDJ doesnt play mp3??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back