Moving Music to 5.1 sound?

I have a pair of these, they do the trick, but they are crap sound quality.
::: Zalman, leading the world of Quiet Computing Solutions :::

I don't think mixing live with 5.1 headphones will work, the changes are very subtle.
Even with a really nice pair. And to be truly honest, at a club, al I want is Quad, just for spacial effects.

Maybe I'm just smoking something...But its an interesting topic.

People are already blown away by what you can do with panning..if you make it obvious and you teach the mainstream public something along the lines of "the wonders of stereo" , so that they think its a big deal, and then hit them with quadrophonics, THEN it would be taken as something amazing. But if you just silently switch from stereo to quad..meh, hardly anyone will notice unless the tune is very very very obviously panning from corner to corner..

I know you can mix 5.1 tracks in Sony ACID Pro software, I would love to produce a Ambient style album sometime in this format. May get picked up for a movie soundtrack too..

I think groups like Immediate Music, who produce soundtracks for movies record some of their stuff in 5 or 7.1, in order for people to get a feel of soundstage..not that there's much soundstaging in electronic music..

I emailed Ableton again, just to see what their current plans for 5.1 are:
Basically, no plans in the future.

Hi Chris, no there are no plans to support that in the future.
Best,Michael DuehrAbleton Technical Support --When sending tech support an e-mail about an ongoing problem, please don't remove the case number from the subject line.This will help us follow the history of your problem and speed up the support process. If you encounter a problem using Live, please first try to find the solution in our FAQ section at Ableton - FAQs. Ableton does not authorize any publication of the content of this e-mail without the permission of the author. Ableton AG, Sitz: Berlin, Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 72838Vorstand: Gerhard Behles, Jan Bohl, Bernd RoggendorfVorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Uwe Struck -----Original Message-----From: Chris Gooderham <chridg@msn.com>Reply-To: Chris Gooderham <chridg@msn.com>Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 09:17:35 -0700To: support@ableton.comSubject: RE: Abbleton Live Version that supports 5.1 Music recording/authoring, Any update??? >>Hello Daniel and Jesse, are either of you aware of any new 5.1 support for your products yet?>

5.1 sound is great on HD movies lol I can see a DJ sets in 5.1 sound in the futurelol However wouldn't it require a certain club speaker setup to hear 5.1 sound in the clubs?

Back