N00b CDJ question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamensioN

Universal Language
Registered
Reaction score
What are considered "industry standard" CDJ's?

And what is also considered an "industry standard" mixer?

/That is all
//The KANG has spoken.

industry standard: probably anything by pioneer. 90% of all clubs have pioneer cdjs, all the biggers ones cdj-1000s or at least 800s, but i've also seen 100s and 200s. other cdjs i've only seen twice: one time denons, another time numark.

same goes probably for the mixer, most clubs will have a djm 800 or at least 600. there's more diversity with the mixers than with the cdjs though.

Well for home practice I would advice getting a pair of 800's. You fill feel how it is in the club, because 1000s are almost similar in terms of ergonomics and button / knob placement.

Usually in good clubs you will probably find CDJ 1000s MK II / MK III

Well for home practice I would advice getting a pair of 800's. You fill feel how it is in the club, because 1000s are almost similar in terms of ergonomics and button / knob placement.

Usually in good clubs you will probably find CDJ 1000s MK II / MK III

Agreed, I've got the 800's at home, and they're perfectly fine really. Considering the vast difference in price, I don't really think the 1000's are good value for money when compared to the 800's, but they do admittedly have extra features which are nice :music:

Well, you have to realize that DJs are still using the "double drawer" style Denon cd players too. But, I do see a lot of the DND4500s around here, as well as the ones that cannot play the MP3 format. As far as the stand alone ones, the ones I see the most are the Denon DNS3500s.

A lot of people do not like the Pioneer CDJ1000s, a lot of people have been complaining about the PLAY/CUE buttons messing up. AND, that they are very bulky, compared to the Denons. I have carried those Pioneers around a bit and those things are MASSIVE.

Ummmmm, I am a Denon fan through and through so I am a bit biased:):p

Abominus

:loveah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back