New or old Rank 1?

BenParker

Registered
Reaction score
Rank 1 has had many years in the Trance scene, and are behind some sensational tracks such as Airwave. :choon: However, their style in recent years has changed dramatically from the uplifting trance genre to more techy trance, with that coming through on Life Less Ordinary and in particular their new track with Jochen Miller; And Then...But what do you prefer? The new Rank 1 or old Rank 1? :)

Easy question! Old Rank1 FTW!!!! Last good tune i heard from him was Opus 17 and Top Gear..

100% ACK

nuff said

I'm not really a fan of either. But I'll go with new, cause their new works are really creative and good dancefloor tracks. Opus 17 + Top Gear weren't that amazing for me. But I'm not really into uplift...so meh...

I'm not really a fan of either. But I'll go with new, cause their new works are really creative and good dancefloor tracks. Opus 17 + Top Gear weren't that amazing for me. But I'm not really into uplift...so meh...

top gear wasnt really uplifting.. it was techy..

Without a doubt Old Rank 1- 'Awakening'

Old Rank 1. I liked their earlier tracks. :music:

Old Rank 1 definitely.

Innovation drives music, imo. Rank 1's Airwave + Such Is Life are great uplifting tracks, but I like the fact that they've experimented with tech trance and created original tracks that don't sound like anything else before. I think that's pretty innovative.

i quite like the tunes that rank 1 have created old and new. i like the older anthems but the newer stuff is proper good also.

alex morph vs rank 1 - life less ordinary

say no more!

after i've seen the release of the new marcel woods track, and rank 1 labelling his remix as "Rank 1's No This Ain't Trance Like 99 Remix", i have pretty much lost all respect for rank 1...

after i've seen the release of the new marcel woods track, and rank 1 labelling his remix as "Rank 1's No This Ain't Trance Like 99 Remix", i have pretty much lost all respect for rank 1...

You're kidding right? That's just a funny joke towards the people complaining about their change in style. People change and so do their tastes/styles. I don't see how they can lose your respect for that.

You're kidding right? That's just a funny joke towards the people complaining about their change in style. People change and so do their tastes/styles. I don't see how they can lose your respect for that.

because i see it as in insult towards people who like _real_ trance. this happens quite a lot in recent times, not only from people from other EDM genres, but also from people who come from the trance world, but seem to have moved away from that again. they see trance as being uncool or maybe outdated and ridicule it and the people liking it. i have no problem with anyone changing styles, but calling other styles names is uncalled for.

what makes this worse is that this track in question is not trance at all.

Last edited:

lol yeah i saw that too...wtf

old rank1 ftw!

because i see it as in insult towards people who like _real_ trance. this happens quite a lot in recent times, not only from people from other EDM genres, but also from people who come from the trance world, but seem to have moved away from that again. they see trance as being uncool or maybe outdated and ridicule it and the people liking it. i have no problem with anyone changing styles, but calling other styles names is uncalled for.

what makes this worse is that this track in question is not trance at all.

You wanna talk real trance? Real trance is the early Harthouse and Eye-Q and MFs releases. Real trance is Sven Vath, Simon Berry, Oliver Lieb, Hardfloor. Real trance is dark and entrancing. Real trance is Lazarus's Deja Vu set. But do I complain about Gouryella and System F and all those (to me) lame fluffy artists that think they've made a new track by just changing the supersaw melody? I used to (not on this forum), but I've generally come to accept that, times have changed, trance is something new, constantly evolving into something different. That's why I left here, pretty much, cause I don't think modern trance is my sound anymore, and I've gone off into other genres.

Back