Orkidea - Radio Unity 063 on AH.FM 19-03-2014

What do you think of this show?

• Decent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Did not enjoy it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Finns have a great reputation for trance. You, Paavo, Super8 & Tab, Darude etc.

Don't forget Allende. He and Orki my favorite trance producers of all time.

07. Above & Beyond: Sun In Your Eyes (Mark Sherry's 'Argentinian Sun' Remix)

Mark Sherry's bootleg mix of Above & Beyond's 'Sun In Your Eyes' is one of the tranciest things his done in ages and does a fine job at combining Sherry's trademark tech groove with a sublime and ultralong "get lost in music" breakdown. This track + summer + sun + outdoors = winning combo.

06. Maison & Dragen: Immortal Love (Instrumental Mix)

This is so far my #1 trance track of 2014. Originally released in the end of last year with vocals, but fellow Finns Maison & Dragen were kind enough to make me an instrumental version which is going down very very well in my sets and is perfect for building from the 128 prog to more full on trance. And the plucky riff is veeeeery catchy.

This is one of those tracks that's better off without the vocals. I love the instrumental mix!
So I'm guessing I'll get to hear in Miami haha

Mark Sherry's bootleg mix of Above & Beyond's 'Sun In Your Eyes' is one of the tranciest things his done in ages and does a fine job at combining Sherry's trademark tech groove with a sublime and ultralong "get lost in music" breakdown. This track + summer + sun + outdoors = winning combo.

Fantastic melodic breakdown, has a nice summer beach feel to it. Love it :bow:

Orkidea: Radio Unity 063 - 19.03.2014
---
01. Jeremy Olander & Fehrplay: Balboa (The Final Version)
02. Justin Oh, Jonny Rose: City Lights (Original Dub Mix)
03. Paul Thomas:Ultraviolet (Max Freegrant Remix)
04. Cirez D vs Green Velvet: On Off Lazer Beams (Blake Jarrell Mashup)
05. Above & Beyond: Hello

Liquid Soul - Nirvana (Activa remix)

08. Liquid Soul: Nirvana (Activa Remix)

If I would need to pick my favourite producer of exactly this moment I would go with Activa. His transition from 140bpm uplifting producer to modern (progressive) psytrance producer is one of the best genre jumps I can remember. Such a great combination of the more credible and super danceable psy groove but with proper emotional and uplifting breakdowns and melodies. Amazing!

Activa delivers lot of quality tracks recently. His remixes of Dream Universe and Cale del Mar are brilliant, same as this one.

If I would need to pick my favourite producer of exactly this moment I would go with Activa. His transition from 140bpm uplifting producer to modern (progressive) psytrance producer is one of the best genre jumps I can remember. Such a great combination of the more credible and super danceable psy groove but with proper emotional and uplifting breakdowns and melodies. Amazing!

Couldn't have said it better myself. I like the direction he's taking Borderline into as well, I feel there are very few prog-psy producers that keep the trance sounds in their productions, most of then go for the SpinTwist and Iono type of sound. There's nothing wrong with that at all, but I like some diversity.

09. CM: Dream Universe (Activa Remix)

More Activa and this time he is bringing a less known classic from 1998 up-to-date in a great way. I used to play the Tilt remix of 'Dream Universe' a lot back in the day but this is equally fine if not better. I would love to have more producers doing this type of stuff sitting between uplifting trance and progressive psy.

10. Paul Oakenfold: Cafe Del Mar (Activa Remix)

Aaaaaand it's a hat trick for Activa! Cafe Del Mar is the most remixed track in history of dance music so it's not an easy one to update. Activa took an interesting route basing his mix heavily on the more hypnotic Nalin & Kane remix from the late 90s. Which suits very well my taste as I used to play that a lot. I love especially the percussive organ hook in the breakdown which works very well from a big sound system. Summer 2014 is not far! :)

Orkidea: Radio Unity 063 - 19.03.2014
---
01. Jeremy Olander & Fehrplay: Balboa (The Final Version)
02. Justin Oh, Jonny Rose: City Lights (Original Dub Mix)
03. Paul Thomas:Ultraviolet (Max Freegrant Remix)
04. Cirez D vs Green Velvet: On Off Lazer Beams (Blake Jarrell Mashup)
05. Above & Beyond: Hello
09. CM: Dream Universe (Activa Remix)
10. Paul Oakenfold: Cafe Del Mar (Activa Remix)
---

Back