Suggestion for music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Deka

Registered
Reaction score
hey, i wanted to know if we could have a session of hard trance on here
like once a week, a mix thats about hour and a half long, maybe i could do it. let me know what u think. because i think its better then having a lot of repeats of old sets.

I tent to replay sets that played previous week, incase some people did not catch it the first time... there is talks with us openning up a new statin for house only...

If its a set you made I can play but I wont play anything thats been downloaded...

Thanks

CD :S

Sets sounds way better to me..

I want more sets then just cd's.. I do not like to replay anything thats all, I try to have newest tracks from beatport, and exclusive sets from dj's...

@ afterhours we do not replay any other stations sets here, and if we do its first here played. Its all about exclusive only to afterhours... so whatever sets you hear here, it was made to us only. But Im glad your shooting ideas out, I like that I need em.

cheers

ohh i know about the whole exclusi thing, by cds i mean, i mean i just purchased cd turntables ( i realy dont know what else to call them =P), so i meant if i could record a mix, and say if u played it, u wouldnt mind that i mixed it with CDMs and Vinyl rips that i have instead of vinyls ?

If your a dj you can mix what you want... Im not held responsible what you choose in your sets when I play them here ... :)

Last edited:
but i dont have a spot on here do i now, so i cant really play what a i want lmaoo
thats what i was hoping for lol

well way it works is you can make a 192K set promo and I will play it, we will see how listeners like it or not. :)

Im limited to spots here.

I think what you guys are doing is perfect but I like to here some SANDRA COLLINS thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
lol that was a random post
but im stil getting all my new stuff set up
im not having much time for anything but school now, ill send u the first mix around sept
srry for the hold up

who is that ?

sandra_collin.jpeg

Put simply, Sandra Collins is one of the US's finest Progressive House and Trance DJs. Dubbed "The Trance Goddess", Sandra has captured the imaginations of dance floors around the globe with her driving beats, hypnotic grooves and mesmerizing melodies. Her rare ability to combine a powerful groove for the body and an elevating journey for the mind continues to win the loyalty of fans throughout the world and looks set to make her one of the biggest names in global dance music today.

Sandra's ability to inspire the crowd stems back to her early years. Born into a famous Las Vegas show business family, Sandra is no stranger to the spotlight. She began DJing in Phoenix in 1989 and demonstrated a rare flair for working the dance floor. Her talent was soon recognized in the underground scene and her name became synonymous with ground breaking parties including the historic New York "Storm" raves with Frankie Bones and The Fifth Column with Josh Wink in 1992.

Sandra's relentless passion for dance culture led her to Los Angeles in 1992. Here, she again proved herself as one of the originators of the underground sound with three year residencies at LA's legendary "King" and "Sketchpad" afterhours. During this time, Sandra was a regular guest DJ on Powetools 106FM, as well as helping to set up the first US office for the German Trance label Eye Q - Harthouse. From 1995 to 1998, Sandra also held a three year residency at LA's most popular weekly "Metropolis" alongside Doc Martin and former partner in crime Taylor. It was here that Sandra befriended Sasha and played alongside greats such as Carl Cox, Chemical Brothers, Paul van Dyk and Orbital... just to name a few. Sandra's popularity continued to soar over the years as she DJed to enthusiastic audiences across the US and overseas. Whether doing international tours of Australia, New Zealand and Canada, or headlining the US Electric Highway Tour with the Fluke and the Crystal Method, Sandra was more in demand than ever before. Having DJed in a Coca-Cola commercial and graced the cover of 'XLR8R' magazine, she has also been featured in Urb, Option, Jump, BPM, Sweater, Mixmag, UHF and Fix magazines.

In addition to extensive touring, Sandra found time to record her first mixed CD "Lost in Time" on Fragrant Music in 1997. Described by Option magazine as "A beautiful sensual journey through the realms of hard house and trance by one of America's best known DJs", the CD continues to receive rave reviews throughout the US and was grounds for her nomination as "Outstanding Electronica Artist" in California's BAMMIE Awards and "Best Trance DJ" in the forthcoming 1998 Global DJ Awards. Continuing her growth as an artist, Sandra has also begun recording her own tracks. Her spectacular first release, "Ode to Our" b/w "Red" through Fragrant sold out in Europe and the US in one day and was named Trance Release of the Month in XLR8R magazine.

With fervor continuing to grow about Sandra's scorching sets, she was invited to move to New York and take up a residency at the prestigious Twilo in early 1998. It is here, alongside fellow residents Sasha & Digweed, Paul van Dyk and Carl Cox that Sandra Collins has firmly entered the upper echelon of international DJs... where she is destined to become a key player in the global dance scene due to her profoundly positive attitude, driving creative force and monumental sets. Sandra's popularity continued to soar over the years as she DJed to enthusiastic audiences across the US and overseas. Whether doing international tours of Australia, New Zealand and Canada, or headlining the US Electric Highway Tour with the Fluke and the Crystal Method, Sandra was more in demand than ever before.

Sandra has become an ambassador for American trance, she landed on the covers and pages of every major U.S. dance music magazine, as well as in magazines like Spin, Gear, Urb, Option, Jump, BPM, Sweater, Mixmag, UHF and Fix

Continuing her growth as an artist, Sandra has also begun recording her own tracks. Her spectacular first release, "Ode to Our" b/w "Red" through Fragrant sold out in Europe and the US in one day and was named "Trance Release of the Month" in XLR8R magazine.

Other nominations

"Outstanding Electronica Artist" - BAMMIE Awards California

"Best Trance DJ" - Global DJ Awards

"Best Female Artist" - URB Magazine

Her ability to be both a crowd-pleaser and connect emotionally with her audience won her the daunting opening night slot at Woodstock '99. Spinning after Moby, she admirably held her own with a six hour set in front of the 80,000 mostly-neophyte dance music fans, and by the end of her set had by all published accounts won them over.

Now with residencies at Chicago's "Crobar" and Las Vegas "Utopia", Sandra is one of the progressive dance music's most in-demand DJs, travelling to raves and clubs across the country and around the world, from Little Rock to Lima, Peru and now finally Finland.

Now with Tranceport 3, Sandra marks the first time an American (and woman) has been behind the decks for the genre-defining trance series. Following up the global trance introduction of Paul Oakenfold's Tranceport 1, and the deep, end-of-the-night vibe of Dave Ralph's Tranceport 2, Sandra's installment turns up the emotions and lets the melodies and beats pulse with a vibrance that's somehow both introspective and anthemic.

Tranceport 3 is, like her life, a journey to places both brightly familiar and darkly exciting, mapped out by progressive underground anthems and new tracks of her own that point to the future of trance, in America and the world. The journey, as always, is as much ours as it is hers.

I'd hit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back