The History Of Afterhours.Fm?

.. .. .. System was done sometime in May 2006. After a few weeks of testing in May I decided to launch it in June 1 2006. .. .. ..

:fishing: nice to read some of the things that happened here back then, Dan ! :book:

:music: and funny to read, my registering (thanks to Acuario51 ! :super: ) at
30-05-2006 was :dancing: even briefly befóre :cap: the official launch ! :lol:

yes denmark your right, forums was running before official launch :)

thank you all :hug:

Nice to C how it all began!!! Nice to c as well that sometimes ideas/wishes can became true!! :grinning:
Now: it sound a little bit too cheesy, too easy, and since I like to scratch where it aches, Dan, tell us the dark side of it as well!! We can cope with it U know!!!:mask::) Sure U went through tonns of problems and difficulties...

Hey Dan + collegues!
Nice story over how it started! I'm glad to see that the AH-community is still growing => you have really done a great job! :grinning:

But what franz101 also mentioned... There must also be a dark side (the money side) on the story...

- Last year I read somewhere something about 'webcasting royalty fees':p, and that they were about to grow sky high, so that any free internet radio never could be free anymore... Did you have had troubles with these things also, then? And... How did you manage to keep it going on?

And next issue:
- the DJs here are playing anything they (and we :music:) like... Normal radio stations have to pay enormous amounts for the copyrights... Did you have encountered also problems with such fees?

Well, don't answer in too much detail if you don't want it... But I'm just interested! :mask:

Hey Dan + collegues!
Nice story over how it started! I'm glad to see that the AH-community is still growing => you have really done a great job! :grinning:

But what franz101 also mentioned... There must also be a dark side (the money side) on the story...

- Last year I read somewhere something about 'webcasting royalty fees':p, and that they were about to grow sky high, so that any free internet radio never could be free anymore... Did you have had troubles with these things also, then? And... How did you manage to keep it going on?

And next issue:
- the DJs here are playing anything they (and we :music:) like... Normal radio stations have to pay enormous amounts for the copyrights... Did you have encountered also problems with such fees?

Well, don't answer in too much detail if you don't want it... But I'm just interested! :mask:

Hello mate, yes there was and still are the dark sides... most of the biggest problem is financial, its really expensive to maintain a radio such as this one, such as:

• Servers (dedicated)
  • Bandwidth
  • Maintenance fees (failed disks, new storage, replacing hardware, upgrading it etc etc.
  • Domains (afterhours.fm & ah.fm) ah.fm is 5000$ here is an example: https://www.dot.fm/order0.cfm?domain=ag.fm&tld=fm&CFID=62869257&CFTOKEN=69571013
  • Afterhours.FM INC company (lawyers, paper work etc,... the fun stuff lol)
  • Advertising money for google adwords, logos on huge sites, spots on real FM stations to advertise AH.FM
  • T-shirts for DJ to play in events (Sean Tyas, Aly&Fila, Kandi etc etc)
There is more things this is just a small list :p, remind you I spend good 5 hours each day on AH (emails, advertising ideas, looking for new partners, preparing online events for future) list goes on and on. This is where donations help a great load for me. It helps AH operate & Grow.

Plus there is always AH system thats in place, fixing small bugs, adding more features etc, i get alot of help from dfx on this :p

There is alot of work also done from AH staff on ah forums so its all kept clean and fun to read, aswell post.

As far as royalties goes, Afterhours.FM INC is protected by Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission or CRTC. Which at this point has no royalty laws.

Hope this explained some of the dark sides :p cheers and thanks for asking, showing interest :) :hug:

Hello mate, yes there was and still are the dark sides... most of the biggest problem is financial, its really expensive to maintain a radio such as this one, such as:

• Servers (dedicated)
  • Bandwidth
  • Maintenane fees (failed disks, new storage, replacing hardware, upgrading it etc etc.
  • Domains (afterhours.fm & ah.fm) ah.fm is 5000$ here is an example: https://www.dot.fm/order0.cfm?domain=ag.fm&tld=fm&CFID=62869257&CFTOKEN=69571013
  • Afterhours.FM INC company (lawyers, paper work etc,... the fun stuff lol)
  • Advertising money for google adwords, logos on huge sites, spots on real FM stations to advertise AH.FM
  • T-shirts for DJ to play in events (Sean Tyas, Aly&Fila, Kandi etc etc)
There is more things this is just a small list :p, remind you I spend good 5 hours each day on AH (emails, advertising ideas, looking for new partners, preparing online events for future) list goes on and on. This is where donations help a great load for me. It helps AH operate & Grow.

Plus there is always AH system thats in place, fixing small bugs, adding more features etc, i get alot of help from dfx on this :p

There is alot of work also done from AH staff on ah forums so its all kept clean and fun to read, aswell post.

As far as royalties goes, Afterhours.FM INC is protected by Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission or CRTC. Which at this point has no royalty laws.

Hope this explained some of the dark sides :p cheers and thanks for asking, showing interest :) :hug:

you know who you can count in for help:p:p:hug::grinning:

thanks for the story! thanks a lot to all you guys for your work!

and of course DAN FOR PRESIDENT :D

:loveah::ah::loveah::ah::loveah::ah::loveah::ah:

Last edited:
I've been quite absent these times...been very very very busy with work and university, plus planning my trip, plus making extra projects for myself...

But you all know you can count on me for everything....i'll do everything i can to help...:loveah::loveah:

cool story,i´m glad to be part of this community:mml::mml:

Well what can i say?Welldone Dan and all the AH team.thats a great story on how it all began.
I'd really like to thank you guys because ah really is the best radio st in the world.i love trance music sooooo much.I think trance music has alot to thank you's for too.
So THANK YOU.love xDx

Well what can i say?Welldone Dan and all the AH team.thats a great story on how it all began.
I'd really like to thank you guys because ah really is the best radio st in the world.i love trance music sooooo much.I think trance music has alot to thank you's for too.
So THANK YOU.love xDx

Thank you !!! :hug::hug::hug:
nice words in the name of Trance :)

:thankyou: AH staff,members, supporters & most of all Dan for coming up with the idea and implementing it:grinning:

:bow::clap2:thank you sooo much for keeping aferhours alive...i would have to say that this is the best radio show on the web and the members,staff,djs are wonderful people...

thanks again
krystal

The world is a better place with Afterhours FM:yes:

Back