Track Suggestions? :D plz thx u

happydays312

Registered
Reaction score
heey all
trance is awesome. just kind of hopped onboard about a year ago, somewhere around ASOT 280-290. anyway, AH is always on in the background, but because track id'ing on AH shows is just a pain in the ass, i basically just bother when i listen to ASOT or if i decide to download another show.
ANYWAY!
so i'm lacking getting/downloading/buying any track that didnt completely come out and kick me in the balls. i also find even trance has so many different styles and subgenres, but maybe that's just me
was wondering if i could get some focus on defining what the hell i like, besides the overall trance genre, and some track suggestions, dj suggestions, or any trance shows in particular to look out for would be awesome. i just find the genre 'trance' is such an umbrella term for others... anyway, here's a list in no particular order of tracks ive loved over the past little while
thanks, help's appreciated

andy duguid - don't belong
armin - the sound of goodbye
dash berlin - till the sky falls down
first state - falling + some others on new album.. but falling's insane awesome
john ocallaghan - big sky
maor levi - shapes
mark norman - niagara
nick chagall - back to san fran
lots on the new paul van dyk album

there've been some other huge favorites ive had, but i didnt find they really were very similar to that list, and that that list was somewhat focused.. anyway, help's appreciated!!! mucho thank yous

I would say almost all of those are under the Progressive Trance umbrella.

Most shows here have a tracklist in the Livesets section of the forum, you could always browse through there.

As for show suggestions....tomorrow (thurs 24th) has the following:

Markus Schulz - Global DJ Broadcast
Marcus Schossow - Tone Diary
Nifra - Be Progressed
Andy Gregory - Global Progression

I'd certainly suggest catching those shows based on the tracks you posted.

Hope that helps in some way :)

thanks! you are much help. definately gonna take a serious look at those, because ive actually found myself listening to and enjoying the schossow show... so i bet your other suggestions are great too! thanks a ton

:beer2:

I would say almost all of those are under the Progressive Trance umbrella.

Most shows here have a tracklist in the Livesets section of the forum, you could always browse through there.

As for show suggestions....tomorrow (thurs 24th) has the following:

Markus Schulz - Global DJ Broadcast
Marcus Schossow - Tone Diary
Nifra - Be Progressed
Andy Gregory - Global Progression

I'd certainly suggest catching those shows based on the tracks you posted.

Hope that helps in some way :)

:iagree: you will not be dissapointed! :grinning:

i'd say lots of those are under the pop trance umbrella

really xruntime? i always just kind of thought vocaltrance = poptrance basically, although there are tunes where vocals are more of a beat than a vocal, like that falling track. thanks though.

funny though, now that you made me start looking at that list, you made me think of how i was thinking when listening to that armin goodbye track that it actually started reminding me of rock music.. drums... what sounds like electric guitar in the background of most of the song.. and then parts like the start that actually has beats..
anyway, thanks

nah, theres plenty of vocal tracks that arent pop - i call it pop if theres really upbeat and happy vocals

Back