TrancePodium 9th Year Anniversary on AH.FM 29-10-2015

What do you think of this show?

• Total voters
16. Tiesto - Suburban Train (Jordan Suckley remix)

Suburban train (Jordan suckley remix)!!! WOW!!

At the time the original genre was coined - Progressive House was a restructure of classic house motifs and tempos with a Trance melodic overlay. It was progressive from the standpoint that it wasn't a norm (again at the time). A lot of music styles were eventually lumped into the genre. It was the use of sounds and melodic constructs that was "progressive" at the time -- a departure from the rave / disco / acid sounds that permeated house music productions.

Gabriel & Dresden, William Orbit, Sasha & Digweed, and music on labels like Silver Planet or Hooj Choons typified what would become the blended boundary of House and Trance in the more modern sense. Progressive House tends to be the blend of the two and yet still be distinctive enough you would know it wasn't straight-up either genre.
Thanks. When I first heard prog I thought it sounded half house, half trance. Wish people would just call it progressive instead of progressive house since it seems 50-50. DI just calls it Progressive channel.

As I suspected, apparently "progressive" means progressing aka proceeding from one style.

But before prog edm i think, was progressive rock, which I know nothing about including what made it prog. I may have even seen the term progressive jazz.

oO, Leftfield - Song Of Life (John Askew Remix) to end the set!

OMG what a ending!! with a remix from Mr askew!! Thanks Suckley for this massive set!!

Jordan Suckley
01. ID - ID 
02. ID - ID 
03. ID - ID 
04. KayCee - Escape (Indecent Noise Remix)
05. Heatbeat - Magical Princess Owl (Jordan Suckley Remix) 
06. Coming Soon - Fluid Karma
07. Liquid Soul & Zyce feat. Solar Kid - Anjuna (Jordan Suckley Remix)
08. Lifeforms - Fading Out
09. Sam Jones - Charlie Charlie
10. Indianix - Deep & Roll 
11. ID - ID 
12. Jordan Suckley - Droid (Heatbeat Remix)
13. Nick Callaghan - DFRNT
14. ID - ID 
15. Alex M.O.R.P.H. & Heatbeat - Amistad
16. Tiësto - Suburban Train (Jordan Suckley Remix)
17. Leftfield - Song Of Life (John Askew Remix) 

Download

17 tracks in hour = megamix or as April says, decamix. Thumbs down. Good & good enough tracks though.

Back