Votes: 9 6.4%
  • WIZZ - In Progress

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • XiJaro & Le Grand Renard - Within The Realm Of

Votes: 11 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plz try acquiring zero votes after the next reset ... coz you are already voted by me in this one! :mask:

Better luck next time :bully:

Last edited:
after listening to the last unity show, i realized i should have voted for nichol too...

Some people, usually a minority, never give DJ's they havent heard before a chance here. I just find that a pity.

If i take my self an example, I see some users comment a lot on the show before mine and the show after mine, missing out my show. this happens to a lot of DJ'S here unfortunately. Popularity hasnt got anything to do with this, I have absolutely no problem with people putting down negative points, I appreciate negative feedback but at least give it a listen :grinning:

Some people need to get over the idea of not listening to anyone else they have ever listened before, please :grinning:

Regards
Faruk

Last edited:
:iagree:

Some people, usually a minority, never give DJ's they havent heard before a chance here. I just find that a pity.

If i take my self an example, I see some users comment a lot on the show before mine and the show after mine, missing out my show. this happens to a lot of DJ'S here unfortunately. Popularity hasnt got anything to do with this, I have absolutely no problem with people putting down negative points, I appreciate negative feedback but at least give it a listen :grinning:

Some people need to get over the idea of not listening to anyone else they have ever listened before, please :grinning:

Regards
Faruk

well...its human nature (in some)...they are very conservative ppl, reluctant to try something knew, than there are the "biased" ppl that will never go for anything else that is not a BRAND name, it sure is a pity..having said that, the quantity of comments during your set are not exactly relevant, although will be nice to see some feedback in most cases they will just be unrelated discussions to the set anyway:tongue: , IMO more important is the number of listeners during your show, and if my memory serves me right you are doing pretty well there :)

Regards
Faruk
Heya Faruk:grinning:

A Good point:bravo:

The main Problem is, that we have over 13 thousand users here registrated to the board, we have a shitload more listeners than users cause lots use the winamps Shoutcast tool or listen via direct link and are never registrated to the Boards.
On the other side e have a Core Community here from about ??? 300 ??? hardcore listeners and users they are always arround. These are the PPl who vote and give the Showthreads the "life"
And so it comes, that when a DJ is arround in his own showthred and making good conversation and have Fun with the users...the Showthread has "LIFE" and suddenly a "HEART"....and those Shows aer most votet here.
Me by myself try to catch so manny shows my time allows me, but everybody has a normal job or tonns of other things to do in his Life, also alot of Shows are in timeslots i sleep or are at work and i guess alot of ppl have that.
So this Poll is a small mirror thru the users way of life.

Im wih you when you say that ppl have to listen to other shows then their most apreciated but and there i look at myself...i catch the shows where i have the time to catch...i dont stand up at 4 in the night to listen to a show

And the main point T4e said is that not the publicity in the Showthread counts, but rather the listener count.

BTW: i did near 30 votes here for the Shows and those are these i like the most...and your show Faruk was in:bravo::bravo:

The point is we are all Family here and not all DJs are arround here ... i never saw Schulz here but i like his sound but did i vote for him ? Who knows :dance:
just my 2 cents

Last edited:
True that..

A way to avoid people going away immediately after a show may be to schedule some same styled shows in a row, for instance the progressive shows more together..? And well, since the rest is almost all about uplifting that shouldn't form the problem :)

Thanks for the people who voted my show btw, I only have 1 hour a month and i see lots of people still vote for me, i guess it's one of the best one hour shows, according to the votings that is then :P .. maybe 2 hours might be possible again? :)

Last edited:
True that..

A way to avoid people going away immediately after a show may be to schedule some same styled shows in a row, for instance the progressive shows more together..? And well, since the rest is almost all about uplifting that shouldn't form the problem :)

Thanks for the people who voted my show btw, I only have 1 hour a month and i see lots of people still vote for me, i guess it's one of the best one hour shows, according to the votings that is then :P .. maybe 2 hours might be possible again? :)

Mhhm

When putting Show Styles together the following will happen. All progressive Shows for example on Tuesday...no other will tune in but the Progressive Fans...also with the Main Uplifting DJs .. If you put Le Saux, Kandi, Miller and me all on one day...the rest of the week those Fans will maybe not tune in and so the community slowly dies cause after a while you have some Sub Communitys they meet at their day ...

The great thing on ah is, that you can hear the best in Trance & Progressive on every day , every time...so to concentrate Styles cant be the way.

I had a thought about other things...we have here listeners from arround the world and Djs from different countrys...so maybe to change the Timeslots to those times the national DJs play when the national Fans are tuned in...but in that case...the same will happen...noone will tune in out of their national timeslots...

so i think the only way to get more listeners to a show is, when the DJ promote his show personally and direct via mail, PM,Facebook, My Space....
To get more listeners and better results means in generall to promote that show...and other ppl normally didnt promote other shows...
To invite PPL to your Show has nothing to do with Spam, in my understanding it shows, that the DJ knows that he needs his Fans and Audience, otherwise he will loose the match...so to invite personally is a good way to do Fanwork and shows that a DJ is nothing without his Fans.

I do that on my Space... on my Page is Promo for a handfull Shows here on AH, for example Vickys Connected, Lazarus Back from the Dead, Karybde & Scylla, DJ Abstraction, DFX Excitation and Manuel Le Saux Exrema....sometimes i change or add ohter Shows and normally i promote every Special ... In the Mix Show on my Pages...but i guess im one of a handfull of ppl doing that...

last but not least...

I want to thank all who voted me ...i know its not really representative to be actual place 2 behind Manuel Le Saux , but maybe has something to do with Promotion and being arround with the community all day long...

So thank you all for beeing with me and loving my Show :bow::bow::bow:

cheers :)

Last edited:
I've found facebook to be a very useful tool, being able to create a group and fanpage where you can update everyone with the click of a button, it works well. More and more people were asking me about downloads, as they can't always tune in live, but with facebook set up you can have your sets stream or post a link to download so it allows a kinda 'on demand' system. Obviously too the torrents site which Kowy looks after, its another way for people to access sets. After all the internet is global, but the general schedule is mostly fitting around the European listenership, so it allows for example, the people in the far east to hear sets they otherwise wouldn't be able to.

I agree with JayCan in that having a mixture of shows each day is a good thing. Also a fair amount of the DJ's are not prisoners to one specific genre and play both progressive and trance in their sets anyway so trying to make progressive nights and trance nights seperate might prove difficult anyway. I think generally the scheduling is ok, Im taking the 'if it aint broke, dont fix it' approach here.

The personal touch goes a long way, but not everyone has the free time to promote as heavily as some do, nothing wrong with that, I'd love to be present on my shows but circumstances recently don't allow me to, but I really miss being in the forums at the time the show airs.

On the other side of the coin, AH is promoting though these networking sites too to draw people in, which is working as when i log in each day im always seeing new posts in the new member thread and so on.

I think the bottom line here is we have a great community of people, DJ's and Listeners, each with their own individual styles and tastes, which are on the whole catered for in some way every single day.

& of course thanks to everyone that's voted for me, I never thought 2 years ago I'd be planning a tracklist for my 100th episode! But as they say, time flies when you're having fun!

Last edited:

i think trance and progressive are closely enough related to each other that this isn't really necessary. at least i'm sure a trance fan doesn't mind some good prog every now and then. which is probably why there's a few radio stations (including AH) which label themselves as "trance & progressive", because they just go well together.

but the opposite isn't always true apparently. from what i've seen a lot of the prog lovers complain about "fluff", meaning uplift(?). it looks like they more prefer styles in the other direction of the spectrum, like electro or minimal, which in turn scares away the trance lovers. and apparently this also applies to some of the prog djs, that they tend to drift off into those other styles when making their sets, and so making sets that don't really fit the radio station portfolio.

so as jaycan said, i don't think making this kind of split is a good idea. if anything, then make it into two channels, like some other radio stations are doing. but in that case, the second channel should probably not be called "progressive", but rather "prog, electro, minimal et al" or something like that...

Last edited:
so as jaycan said, i don't think making this kind of split is a good idea. if anything, then make it into two channels, like some other radio stations are doing. but in that case, the second channel should probably not be called "progressive", but rather "prog, electro, minimal et al" or something like that...

Yeah but the problem with two ore more channels are the emense Costs. You have to buy every channel and that means you have more costs for running that second channel ...

...And it also will split the Community in Sub Communitys

I gues everything works very well atm and so i think:

NEVER CHANGE A RUNNING SYSTEM:wink:

And like Vicky said above. It will be a Cage if a DJ has to play one Style cause he has the slot. If that happens the ART behind the DJing will die and i think about myself, i normally play very different styles and mix them in my sets...and there are alot of Styles i havent played until now in my sets here on Ah...but they will come :dance:

cheers :)

Last edited:
well well I guess I will post something as well

I will make this into 2 categories, one for listeners/members/visitors & one for DJ's.

Listeners/members/visitors

Few people have suggested to me to have 2 channels (Trance|Progressive) this is very well possible for us to do, however as one of the members above outlined these 2 genres are very well close together (mixed). I honestly don't believe in dividing shows up and making these channels, now before you go mad posting that im wrong ... read this... AH.FM was formed on June 2006 and my main purpose was to create a community that is (family like), yes we have many communities out there, but I wanted something MORE of a home feel, not this **** this **** that type of deal as other forums have. As well to add I did not want any file sharing going on the forums because AH.FM believes in supporting the producers and if you like some kind of track we advise to purchase it.

So to summarize it, I want this community to grow, and we grow as 1 (one) not divided into genres and channels, Im really happy to see what AH.FM has become, and this is my second home, I wish I could be on the forums a lot with you all BUT im extremely busy running the station and planning next 12 months of events, live broadcasts, new site, more features... basically making Afterhours a more professional respected place & I thank you all for helping me in this mission.

DJ's of AH.FM

Please don’t take this poll in this thread personal; this poll was created to see who votes for what, this poll will not reflect your shows on AH.FM.

We have a really big networking system, we promote all daily shows on numerous Electronic forums each day, and it’s all on time and professional. But we also ask all DJ's to promote their own shows, we have generic banners you can put on myspace or your personal sites Promote Afterhours.FM . Were here to promote each and every one of you. We know what it means to make a show and spend your time on it to be best as possible, as well at the same time we understand how important for a show to be on time is, so your fan base can tune in at that specific time & we do our BEST to be on time.

I would like to thank you all for reading this, it was maybe kind of boring but I just had to put my 2 cents in, last but not least Afterhours staff has been working really hard on the forums on a daily basis to keep this place clean from spam, vulgar language etc, we also like to thank you family for hitting that Report Post button, we get emails right away and we deal with it promptly so thank you for helping us!!

Hugs all & remember we Unite here as 1
:hug::music:

WoW

these words from Dan are exactly what i tried to say :)

That was actually $ 2 Million from Dan (rather than 2 cents )

Afterhours.FM RULEZ!!!!! \o/ \o/ \o/

Manuel Le Saux No.1 :D
Aly & Fila, Nitrous Oxide, Paul Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back