EOYC 2010 Community Contest Rules, Info & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The link for sets will be posts on 1. November or when we want ?

LE : I read the first post and I read the answer, sorry.

Last edited:
We are allowed to use AH.FM jingles?

yeahhhhhhh chossing the tracklist for this competition

Good luck to everyone! :good2: I hope to see some of you being part of it. :smile:

Guessing the 50 posts will be posted at nov. 1st. between 00:00:00 and 00:00:05 :megacrazy:

My set it's ready and waits 1 nov :smile: :)

Generally idea is great, but I really don’t like public methods of selecting the best.
I am sure like 99% of voters will not listen to all (or even to 10) dj sets. Therefore the folks, who have more friends among ah.fm community and will be the winners.

So, I want to suggest another infallible vote system. Idea is very simple: let’s just make 6 groups with 10-12 dj in each one. Each participant will get links to sets from his group opponents and also he will receive a task to name best 3, with condition that he can’t vote for his own set. All, who don`t send his selection - will be disqualified from contest. As a result we will get 12 winners (2 per group). One more can be selected in many ways, for example top-scorer among all 3rd places.

I don`t hope that current vote system will be changed, but current one is just too unfair and kinda ridiculous for me.
Hope somebody will support my idea !

Generally idea is great, but I really don’t like public methods of selecting the best.
I am sure like 99% of voters will not listen to all (or even to 10) dj sets. Therefore the folks, who have more friends among ah.fm community and will be the winners.

So, I want to suggest another infallible vote system. Idea is very simple: let’s just make 6 groups with 10-12 dj in each one. Each participant will get links to sets from his group opponents and also he will receive a task to name best 3, with condition that he can’t vote for his own set. All, who don`t send his selection - will be disqualified from contest. As a result we will get 12 winners (2 per group). One more can be selected in many ways, for example top-scorer among all 3rd places.

I don`t hope that current vote system will be changed, but current one is just too unfair and kinda ridiculous for me.
Hope somebody will support my idea !

We try to keep things are easiest as possible and at the same time keeping it fun for all... Remember Staff gets to listen to the sets also :) should be fun :)

good luck all :megacrazy:

I have another idea - files should be named without DJs name in and all links should be posted by someone from AH Staff. :) I know it is problematic right now because some of contestants already made their mixes and uploaded them.

It's like Kata says:

With some bad luck, your set is picked as number 51 at 00:00:50...
Yeah, I really like the idea with the public deciding, but I fear that for example a lot of people don't have a chance at all because of the time zones. I know I would like to be in the contest, but I don't have a chance at all because I have to get up early the next day, so I can't stay up till 00:00:00 to submit my set. I think a lot of people have that problem

Yeah, I really like the idea with the public deciding, but I fear that for example a lot of people don't have a chance at all because of the time zones. I know I would like to be in the contest, but I don't have a chance at all because I have to get up early the next day, so I can't stay up till 00:00:00 to submit my set. I think a lot of people have that problem
We should think of creating our own timezone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back