Who cares about vista, I wanna know what happened to that woman!

LOL Yeah that was wierd where'd she go?

I saw it too.

Whoever was in charge of editing the footage did "something" to sort of, shorten the video's time. If you look REALLY closely at the girl sitting there to the right when it happens, the girl's face changes a bit so yea, editing is involved here:mask:

But yea, you have to be careful with EVERYTHING that you get. I have a lot of anti-virus crap on here to keep me safe but, you have to be responsible for making sure that all of the things that you get are virus free and stuff.

I saw it too.

Whoever was in charge of editing the footage did "something" to sort of, shorten the video's time. If you look REALLY closely at the girl sitting there to the right when it happens, the girl's face changes a bit so yea, editing is involved here:mask:

But yea, you have to be careful with EVERYTHING that you get. I have a lot of anti-virus crap on here to keep me safe but, you have to be responsible for making sure that all of the things that you get are virus free and stuff.

Yeah I see what you mean, well spotted :mask:

Good call, hackers will always be around, so all you can do is be cautious like you just said. I've been screwed over a few times and it's not fun, especially when you loose all of your important files :cry:

Yeah I see what you mean, well spotted :mask:

Good call, hackers will always be around, so all you can do is be cautious like you just said. I've been screwed over a few times and it's not fun, especially when you loose all of your important files :cry:

Many years ago, I had a SERIOUS error on my old pc that somehow required it to have Xp installed again. It was weird. I had no idea how it happened. Anyways, a friend of a friend tried to help me out but I lost ALL of my music. Even though I gained most of it back, it did suck.:p

I suggest getting something like this. I know that I will.
Seagate Technology - FreeAgent™ Pro

That way everything can be kept in there safe as long as you know how to handle it gently:hug:

Many years ago, I had a SERIOUS error on my old pc that somehow required it to have Xp installed again. It was weird. I had no idea how it happened. Anyways, a friend of a friend tried to help me out but I lost ALL of my music. Even though I gained most of it back, it did suck.:p

I suggest getting something like this. I know that I will.
Seagate Technology - FreeAgent™ Pro

That way everything can be kept in there safe as long as you know how to handle it gently:hug:

Damn, I bet that annoyed the hell out of you? Loosing things you have created yourself is one of the worst things, like photos, documents etc, right pain in the ass. It makes you wonder why people do it? They don't know for definite that they have caused you any particular grief so how can they get a kick out of it?

That drive looks pretty cool actually, I've been contemplating what would happen if my MP3 drive went down, I think I'd probably cry for the best part, keeping it all online does sound cool but I wonder how long it would take to upload 140gb...

Cool stuff none the less!

Damn, I bet that annoyed the hell out of you? Loosing things you have created yourself is one of the worst things, like photos, documents etc, right pain in the ass. It makes you wonder why people do it? They don't know for definite that they have caused you any particular grief so how can they get a kick out of it?

That drive looks pretty cool actually, I've been contemplating what would happen if my MP3 drive went down, I think I'd probably cry for the best part, keeping it all online does sound cool but I wonder how long it would take to upload 140gb...

Cool stuff none the less!

Yea. I was REALLY upset about it all. I learned my lesson though. Another friend of mine could have helped me but it would have taken a few days because he was like, busy and stuff, girlfriend and all.

I have been thinking about a new pc altogether for recording/music. I would not even have the internet on it, just music, recording programs and all but, it would be a lot more money. Eh, I will see how it all goes.

I went with Seagate instead of Western Digital because of people who have had WD and they have said that it sucks. Plus, the name Seagate is a lot cooler:):lol:

The guy that tried to help me was being honest, you know? it's just that somehow along the way, lines got crossed and well, I may have dome something wrong so it is totally not his fault. I have no idea where the guy is. This was like, 4-5 years ago.

Get that drive!!!

I got you a link for checking out some drives. Me, I would go for like, a 500gb to a 750 or so.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

:)

looool

great cutting job there

Yea. I was REALLY upset about it all. I learned my lesson though. Another friend of mine could have helped me but it would have taken a few days because he was like, busy and stuff, girlfriend and all.

I have been thinking about a new pc altogether for recording/music. I would not even have the internet on it, just music, recording programs and all but, it would be a lot more money. Eh, I will see how it all goes.

I went with Seagate instead of Western Digital because of people who have had WD and they have said that it sucks. Plus, the name Seagate is a lot cooler:):lol:

The guy that tried to help me was being honest, you know? it's just that somehow along the way, lines got crossed and well, I may have dome something wrong so it is totally not his fault. I have no idea where the guy is. This was like, 4-5 years ago.

Get that drive!!!

I got you a link for checking out some drives. Me, I would go for like, a 500gb to a 750 or so.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

:)

That sounds like a good idea about keeping a PC separate for music creation, that way if someone does hack you they aren't going to get to your really important documents. By the way, I'm not sure if you have looked into VM software at all, but VMWare have some really cool features, like using your audio / video hardware within the VM which I think is excellent, it's also a good way of keeping everything separate and also means that you can backup your entire PC to just 1 file per virtual hard drive. Saves on computer equipment too, although I've never used a VM for creating music so I have no idea what it's like, but if it's anything like developing software it could be worth a try. You can even download a demo of VMWare.

Desktop virtualization, virtual machine, virtual pc, desktop security, mac virtualization - VMware

Cheers for the link to that drive, I'm giving that some serious thought as one of my hard drives is currently not even screwed down, it's just kind of flapping about as I managed to break part of it when I went to put it in... don't ask! :lol: At least I didn't blow my pc up though, which I've also done before :LMAO:

*online window shops* :)

That sounds like a good idea about keeping a PC separate for music creation, that way if someone does hack you they aren't going to get to your really important documents. By the way, I'm not sure if you have looked into VM software at all, but VMWare have some really cool features, like using your audio / video hardware within the VM which I think is excellent, it's also a good way of keeping everything separate and also means that you can backup your entire PC to just 1 file per virtual hard drive. Saves on computer equipment too, although I've never used a VM for creating music so I have no idea what it's like, but if it's anything like developing software it could be worth a try. You can even download a demo of VMWare.

Desktop virtualization, virtual machine, virtual pc, desktop security, mac virtualization - VMware

Cheers for the link to that drive, I'm giving that some serious thought as one of my hard drives is currently not even screwed down, it's just kind of flapping about as I managed to break part of it when I went to put it in... don't ask! :lol: At least I didn't blow my pc up though, which I've also done before :LMAO:

*online window shops* :)

Yea. The thing is though is that I have MOST of my regular pc programs on an 80gig drive, then, I have my photos and little things like that on a 500gig Seagate drive. I mean, I do have a lot of space but I seriously have some hardware/speed problems.

The drive is a SATA, but the drive power cable is a IDE so that does not transfer power to the drive so opening up picture files is slow. I would have to get some sort of adapter or, empty the drive into a new one with the correct plug in and transfer everything and have an empty 500gig.

A new pc would cost me about $900, and that is pretty much stripped. No funky add ons, no speakers, none of it. Yea, so, I will be looking into buying a new pc definitely if I want to go a route of having a pc solely for music.

Hey, I checked out that link you gave me but, what am I supposed to be downloading from here?

So yea, I am even getting a new table/desk for my pc and all. I have to buy quite a bit of stuff!!!!

IKEA | Tables & desks | Desks | FREDRIK | Desk

:music:

The drive is a SATA, but the drive power cable is a IDE so that does not transfer power to the drive so opening up picture files is slow.

are you saying your drive is running without power cable going to it?!

to clear things up: regular pc power plugs are called molex, which is also what IDE drives usually use. sata has introduced their own sata power plugs. however, there's adapters between those two.

which you use (molex directly if the drive supports it, or native sata plug or sata plug via adapter from molex) makes no difference at all, except that sata hotplug only works with native sata power plug. but hardly anyone uses that anyway. it definitely makes no difference in speed.

Last edited:
I use windows alot, but vista is a huge disgrace... i mean come on, barely any old hardware works with it, it has bugs and problems... the new SP might fix it but I doubt it (heard the kernel was completely rewritten)... and windows 7 is supposed to be out 2010 - 2011? Plus XP is stable since day one so why the sudden need for something new and have something even newer just around the corner???

I use windows alot, but vista is a huge disgrace... i mean come on, barely any old hardware works with it, it has bugs and problems... the new SP might fix it but I doubt it (heard the kernel was completely rewritten)... and windows 7 is supposed to be out 2010 - 2011? Plus XP is stable since day one so why the sudden need for something new and have something even newer just around the corner???

Sorry, but that just isn't true, XP was far from stable since day one, in fact pretty much exactly the same circumstances arose then, minus any annoyance from the UAC. XP has become more and more stable.

Check these lits of fixes out with each service pack

List of fixes in Windows XP Service Pack 1 and Windows XP Service Pack 1a

List of fixes included in Windows XP Service Pack 2

Stable since day 1 you say? My first XP PC blue screened regularly until NVidia pulled their fingers out and made some stable drivers for it.

At the end of the day you can't expect an operating system to be redesigned / rewritten and then still retain 100% backward compatability, if it were to do that then it would be just as secure as it's predecessor. I've had to make many changes to our companies software in order to get things running smoothly on Vista. I've only seen it get more and more stable in exactly the same way that XP did.

I guess that all depends on what you actually do with the OS, some people get nothing but grief, whilst others have had plain sailing. I didn't use it on my main PC for over a year after release as M-Audio have only just released drivers for it, and whilst on the subject of this, you can hardly blame Microsoft for hardware manuafacturers not pulling their fingers out and releasing drivers sooner when all of the necessary SDK's and documentation has been available ages before Vista was released to the public.

Anyway, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Vista is fantastic, I get regularly wound up by parts of it, but I'm pretty confident that it will stabalise... *fingers crossed* :p

Well I don't know what to say. I had a friend run the pre release beta for months and never had an issues. I myself barely came across any myself and the majority of problems were from my own cause (tinkering around, seeing what if and how to fix it).

I do appologize, I should have said that XP has become really stable as time went on. I don't know, maybe I was just lucky and probably even more so that I was a regular joe every day user. I guess had it been a company or something of the sort, then things would look different. Who knows.

I have to disagree with you. If it wasn't for Microsoft pushing new OSes, there wouldn't be nearly as many problems. Manufactures wouldn't have to rush out to get new and optimized drivers. There are reasons why they were slow in doing so.

Vista was under lock and key, and they were tight lipped about it releasing very little source code or information for manufacturers to be able to redesign / create new drivers for old and new hardware. Only a select few knew the details of Vista and even that was very minor information that they got.

I mean honestly, look at the specs for XP and Vista. Both very bloated and over kill and required hoards amounts of system resources and processing power to run smoothly. Sure you could run it on minimum specs, but thats like throwing a ford engine into a ferrari... looks nice on the outside but thats about it.

Personally, I blame both Microsoft and Hardware Manufacturers for pushing out new things that are well... really that necessary? Look at all the buzz words that they have come up with? 64bit, dual core, quad core, etc.

AMD made a craze for their AMD64 bit processors and they pushed it out since everyone would highly benefit from it. Where were all the 64bit software applications that would actually use it at that point? Sure, maybe in the high end video/sound processing/creation industry, but what about for the regular every day joe user?

Windows XP 64bit was not a true 64bit OS. As far as I know, Vista was the very first true 64bit OS. There wasnt and I think there still isn't much software that is optimized and acutally uses it for the every day user (again maybe for the high end).

No one benefited from it. AMD was the only one that benefited from it since they created a demand for it and made a profit on it by moving away from their 32bit line. Even some of the hardware available to an every day user did not use the full 64 bits. To me that's an honest waste.

I am very happy with XP Pro, and I have no reason to switch to Vista anytime soon, let alone to their new OS whenever it is actually released. That's just my own case. Only reason I would have to install or even use Vista is in order to familiarize myself with it and be able to support it if it happens then I get out into industry and the company I am working for actually uses it (which if you look some companies run or have their own proprietary software tailored to their own needs that only works on older versions of windows).

sorry this has gone off topic.

I really had to pay extra close attention to actually notice the women in the window being erased / disapearing. That was pretty funny. The things that people tend to miss or some actually catch. :lol:

Well I don't know what to say. I had a friend run the pre release beta for months and never had an issues. I myself barely came across any myself and the majority of problems were from my own cause (tinkering around, seeing what if and how to fix it).

I do appologize, I should have said that XP has become really stable as time went on. I don't know, maybe I was just lucky and probably even more so that I was a regular joe every day user. I guess had it been a company or something of the sort, then things would look different. Who knows.

I have to disagree with you. If it wasn't for Microsoft pushing new OSes, there wouldn't be nearly as many problems. Manufactures wouldn't have to rush out to get new and optimized drivers. There are reasons why they were slow in doing so.

Vista was under lock and key, and they were tight lipped about it releasing very little source code or information for manufacturers to be able to redesign / create new drivers for old and new hardware. Only a select few knew the details of Vista and even that was very minor information that they got.

I mean honestly, look at the specs for XP and Vista. Both very bloated and over kill and required hoards amounts of system resources and processing power to run smoothly. Sure you could run it on minimum specs, but thats like throwing a ford engine into a ferrari... looks nice on the outside but thats about it.

Personally, I blame both Microsoft and Hardware Manufacturers for pushing out new things that are well... really that necessary? Look at all the buzz words that they have come up with? 64bit, dual core, quad core, etc.

AMD made a craze for their AMD64 bit processors and they pushed it out since everyone would highly benefit from it. Where were all the 64bit software applications that would actually use it at that point? Sure, maybe in the high end video/sound processing/creation industry, but what about for the regular every day joe user?

Windows XP 64bit was not a true 64bit OS. As far as I know, Vista was the very first true 64bit OS. There wasnt and I think there still isn't much software that is optimized and acutally uses it for the every day user (again maybe for the high end).

No one benefited from it. AMD was the only one that benefited from it since they created a demand for it and made a profit on it by moving away from their 32bit line. Even some of the hardware available to an every day user did not use the full 64 bits. To me that's an honest waste.

I am very happy with XP Pro, and I have no reason to switch to Vista anytime soon, let alone to their new OS whenever it is actually released. That's just my own case. Only reason I would have to install or even use Vista is in order to familiarize myself with it and be able to support it if it happens then I get out into industry and the company I am working for actually uses it (which if you look some companies run or have their own proprietary software tailored to their own needs that only works on older versions of windows).

I totally understand about you experiencing pretty much plain sailing with XP, software can be so unpredictable like that, it can work solid for a bunch of people and for other people it will just fall over constantly, for something that's supposed to be so logical, it really does confuse me at times! :lol: But then I'm easily confused lately!

I guess what I meant to say was that Vista documentation and SDKs were available to Microsoft Partners and MSDN subscribers, long before it was released to public. Basically any company that deals with developing for Windows would be very foolish to not be part of either, even though MSDN subscription might seem quite expensive, you can all of their development tools and it really is an invaluable resource. You also get to download and try out the alpha / beta products, if you're that hardcore anyway, although I certainly wouldn't recommend it unless you are doing it for a purpose, like developing drivers for example, then as I said before, it's down to the company to chase up developing for bleeding edge operating systems, Microsoft isn't going to do all the work for them.

You have allot of good points and I hope that I wasn't coming across as being annoyed or anything! :lol: I'm one of those people that when I firmly believe something, I will let everyone know, regardless of how bad it makes me look. So I appologuise for kicking off this heated discussion! Although it does make a break from the norm :lol:

I think 64 bit will kick off soon enough, but imo that's it's early appearance was more down to CPU companies trying to push their new hardware for the gaming market than OS companies, seeing as the hardware came before the software was available mainstream. I personally don't see any massive need for it, unless of course you are running some intensive server that requires bundles and bundles of ram.
Anyway, sorry again for going on! :lol:

sorry this has gone off topic.

I really had to pay extra close attention to actually notice the women in the window being erased / disapearing. That was pretty funny. The things that people tend to miss or some actually catch. :lol:

:lol::lol: Devils work I tells ya!

Back