• Decent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Did not enjoy it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
lounge -> detroit techno -> ?..
;)
but i like it

I like my sets quite eclectic and I'm always looking for a journey from one sound to another.
FYI: We'll end up in 138 bpm uplifting trance :)

07. Maison & Dragen: Immortal Love feat. Toni Nielson

Entering the last third of the mix so it's time to move firmly to the trance territory. This is an old one (from last September?) but one that has been growing on me ever since hearing fellow Finns Maison & Dragen play it in Finland when I was DJing with them. It's a nice and surprising return to more trancey sound after they've been producing more EDM-based sound recent years. I did my own cheeky edit where I cut some of the more vocal heavy breakdown away to make it more dubby. Love the melody and riff sound!

Orkidea: Radio Unity 062 @ Afterhours.fm - 19.02.2014
---
01. Jam & Spoon Feat. Plavka: Find Me (Sally Shapiro Remix)
02. Twice As Nice: Overture (Guy J Remix)
03. Navid Mehr: 1984 (Andre Sobota Remix)
04. London Grammar: Hey Now (Arty Remix)
05. Claudia Cazacu: Deal With God feat. Brian Molko
06. Spektre: Sense In Madness (Original Club Mix)
07. Maison & Dragen: Immortal Love feat. Toni Nielson

Are you sure you don't hail from the Northern part of North America? Usually Americans are always behind their national team. I for one support Holland and Germany but that's because I like to believe that I'm German :)
I am in the Pacific Northwest yes.

I like my sets quite eclectic and I'm always looking for a journey from one sound to another.
FYI: We'll end up in 138 bpm uplifting trance :)

I always prefer a set with progression, especially when the mixing is top notch. This set is no exception :bow:

Tapio: I still love to listen to three years ago Radio Unity #018 (massive energy and massive sound + drive + ... )

08. Alexander Popov: Solar Wind

Good old euphoric and uplifting pure trance from Russia. My #1 pick from Alexander Popov's recent album 'Personal Way' and great example of the more "pure" trance sound that I'm hearing more and more. Actually it's been interesting to see the radical move from 128 towards 138 we've seen in just the last year or two. I guess it's just a good thing that with electronic music the only constant thing is change :)

I always prefer a set with progression, especially when the mixing is top notch. This set is no exception :bow:

Thanks a lot! It's difficult to do while maintaining some sort of flow and red thread with the set but when it works out the dynamics just highlight the strengths of the music in both ends. I'm from the Sasha & Digweed school of DJs when sets were long (3+ hours) and the "journey" was one of the main things people (and DJs) were looking for. Currently the trend is more towards one hour of hits at festivals but I'm sure we'll go back to longer sets and smoother flow again :)

08. Alexander Popov: Solar Wind

Good old euphoric and uplifting pure trance from Russia. My #1 pick from Alexander Popov's recent album 'Personal Way' and great example of the more "pure" trance sound that I'm hearing more and more. Actually it's been interesting to see the radical move from 128 towards 138 we've seen in just the last year or two. I guess it's just a good thing that with electronic music the only constant thing is change :)

I feel like apart from Armada, all the other labels are turning trying to turn back to the older sound. Solarstone and Co. have the Pure sound, while the more underground labels go for the 140 mix of Tech, Acid, Uplifting, and a bit of Goa. Great time for trance lovers.

09. Nicholas Bennison: Shattered Angles

Nicholas Bennison's 'Sulfur' was featured on my 'Pure Trance' mix CD and he is great example of having that old school vibe and atmosphere of trance yet having a very powerful and modern production sound. Driving as hell, yet very floaty and emotional at the same time. And one of the many many great examples of amazing artists J00F label is bringing to us :)

Back