What do you think of this show?

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Decent

• Did not enjoy it

• Total voters
Thanks a lot! It's difficult to do while maintaining some sort of flow and red thread with the set but when it works out the dynamics just highlight the strengths of the music in both ends. I'm from the Sasha & Digweed school of DJs when sets were long (3+ hours) and the "journey" was one of the main things people (and DJs) were looking for. Currently the trend is more towards one hour of hits at festivals but I'm sure we'll go back to longer sets and smoother flow again :)

I hope so as well, I prefer to hear a set that feels like a journey, rather than 'current top 10 releases' or certain DJs self-promotion. Ability of creating an atmosphere in the set is what makes a DJ stand out in my opinion. :)

I feel like apart from Armada, all the other labels are turning trying to turn back to the older sound. Solarstone and Co. have the Pure sound, while the more underground labels go for the 140 mix of Tech, Acid, Uplifting, and a bit of Goa. Great time for trance lovers.

Yes! Would love to see the Goa and psygressive sound cross over even more with the "traditional" trance sound.

Thanks a lot! It's difficult to do while maintaining some sort of flow and red thread with the set but when it works out the dynamics just highlight the strengths of the music in both ends. I'm from the Sasha & Digweed school of DJs when sets were long (3+ hours) and the "journey" was one of the main things people (and DJs) were looking for. Currently the trend is more towards one hour of hits at festivals but I'm sure we'll go back to longer sets and smoother flow again :)

You're right, there is a big difference between say ASOT sets and some of the all time classics mixes. Festivals are a platform for launching yourself as a DJ nowadays and it seems that most of them think that by playing the beatport top 40 they'll achieve that. I'm lucky enough that both the trance promoters in Montreal give at least 2h set to every artist, sometimes 3h. I'm really looking forward to Eco's 5h set in March, it should a great "journey".

You're right, there is a big difference between say ASOT sets and some of the all time classics mixes. Festivals are a platform for launching yourself as a DJ nowadays and it seems that most of them think that by playing the beatport top 40 they'll achieve that. I'm lucky enough that both the trance promoters in Montreal give at least 2h set to every artist, sometimes 3h. I'm really looking forward to Eco's 5h set in March, it should a great "journey".

I'm playing a 6h open to close set in Toronto this weekend so it seems like Canadians are doing the right thing :)

10. Driftmoon: Howl At the Moon (Solarstone Retouch)

The best uplifting trance track I've heard in quite a while. This is a modern trance classic being born at this time :) My favourite memory of this one was when DJing with Solarstone in Buenos Aires last year and Rich Solarstone dropping this one at 5am and the place going totally crrrrazy! Also the highlight of the Pure Trance Vol 2 CD by Rich and Giuseppe Ottaviani.

Orkidea: Radio Unity 062 @ Afterhours.fm - 19.02.2014
---
01. Jam & Spoon Feat. Plavka: Find Me (Sally Shapiro Remix)
02. Twice As Nice: Overture (Guy J Remix)
03. Navid Mehr: 1984 (Andre Sobota Remix)
04. London Grammar: Hey Now (Arty Remix)
05. Claudia Cazacu: Deal With God feat. Brian Molko
06. Spektre: Sense In Madness (Original Club Mix)
07. Maison & Dragen: Immortal Love feat. Toni Nielson
08. Alexander Popov: Solar Wind
09. Nicholas Bennison: Shattered Angles
10. Driftmoon: Howl At the Moon (Solarstone Retouch)
---

I'm playing a 6h open to close set in Toronto this weekend so it seems like Canadians are doing the right thing :)

Toronto gets a lot more of these longer sets then we do. Indecent noise just a 5h last week. I'm jealous though, that's your second time in Tornoto in the last 6 months yet none in Montreal :(.

Toronto gets a lot more of these longer sets then we do. Indecent noise just a 5h last week. I'm jealous though, that's your second time in Tornoto in the last 6 months yet none in Montreal :(.

Hope I'll get to experience the Montreal vibe one day :)

Back