Web player

F1tamix

Registered
Reaction score
It does not work the web player in the new version Сhrome 55. But IE its work, no problems.

Just had to register an account to say I am having the same issue. I looked through the debugger, and it for some reason it was blocking the URL fetch link http://imgur.com/dW9nqzI don't know much about HTML or coding, but we got problems :D EDIT Today i just upgraded my google chrome, I also cleared my browsing cache and cookies, it was working prior to all of the above. Also I unchecked the box under Settings > System that said; Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed & Use hardware acceleration when available. It prompted me to restart, and then the issues began occurring after the reset of Chrome.

Anyone else having similar problems with Chrome?

Last edited:
I have the same problem. Not able to play web player with the latest Chrome version. :(

The most recent Chrome update removed support for http/0.9 over non-default ports. This issue was brought up, but ultimately remained unchanged. So, unless the host at AfterHours.fm want to commit to a upgrade on their Shoutcast server to v2, it looks like it won't be supported on Chrome.

The most recent Chrome update removed support for http/0.9 over non-default ports. This issue was brought up, but ultimately remained unchanged. So, unless the host at AfterHours.fm want to commit to a upgrade on their Shoutcast server to v2, it looks like it won't be supported on Chrome.

Just read your message :cap: I informed Dan directly Tibasichelp.

Found a work-around on this issue.

Please note that this is not a permanent solution and (this particular policy) will be removed some time this upcoming year. Do so at your own risk.

It entails on modifying a Chrome policy which you can obtain from this link. Download the zipped chrome template, follow the instructions detailed for your operating system, then modify Http09OnNonDefaultPortsEnabled policy to 'enabled' once you clicked on Google Chrome folder.
Restart your browser and it should work.

8c1ec91802404794aa472672a7ab738c.jpg

Last edited:
So not sure if this will apply to everone, BUT i have found a solution to my problem. Here is the solution to my problem:

It had nothing to do with the new version of chrome come to find out. it was an outside source blocking the fetch link to play... anyway, what i did was opened cmd prompt, Pinged www.ah.fm/player and then made an exclusion for the IP associated to the web URL.. and viola! we're back listening on chrome. Hope this fix helps other people whether it be your firewall, anti-virus or what have you. :bravo::super:

I can't get it to work in chrome either on both my home and work PC. I have the latest version of chrome.
It works on IE.
If you are able to figure this out, please post how you did it!!

Hi Dan, I just checked my PC and it still isn't working in Chrome. Is there something I need to do to reset it?

Am I the only one with no playing web-player? (since approx. 13:25 CET)

Back