01-05-2008 - 14-05-2008 May DJ Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's it, we're full! no more submissions! cheers everyone :)

It's always going to end by the end of the month, as stated in the General Competition Guidelines.

software contest will be right here, but only every other month... so check back next month!

hang on to your monkeys and mooses everybody, results will take 1-2 more days this time, be patient :)

Less than 20 hours till the winning set should be played - hopefully you'll get your votes finished soon ;-) Or will you keep it as surprise whose set we're about to be hearing tomorrow? :)

well, problem is we got a tie for first place :p so we're trying to get a tie breaker going... will announce winner soon!

Ladies and gentlemen, the jury has finished with their voting and we got a result!

Again, a big THANK YOU to all participants, it's been a real pleasure! :) Took a while to figure out how to break this tie for first place we got, but finally managed to do so... Drumroll please!

And the winner is:
Darzh Liebek !!

Congratulations!

Your set will be played June 4th (Wednesday) at 15:00 CET (calendar event link)! Good job mate!

Everyone remember that there is a new contest in June, we are taking submissions from June 1st to 14th, therefore we are open for submissions again! Let's keep the sets coming!

will really try to make it to this one, very curious.

Congrats mate. :grinning:

said it before (thanks again for your comments) good stuff on your site

www.darzhliebek.com

:music:

chance to get tracklists to some of your "Connected" sets??

can you guys publish the rankings please?

Awesome, thats made my month!! :super: Thanks guys and girls, glad you enjoyed the mix.

Cheers 90Degrees, will pm you with tracklistings for the Connected Series.

Hope to see you all at 3pm for the airing. :music:

ranking:

1a) Darzh Liebek
1b) Radas / Raven
2) Chris Burn
3) Mon&Ece
4) albertus
5) cdman14
6) jokerdj
7) Faruk Sabanci
8) nDaMix@714
9) Dave Symphony

and here's some comments from the jury

Some great tracks, enjoyed the selection. Some fairly obvious transitions however.

Starts with vocals, but nice ones. Quarter post, is decent, but not a standout. Nice melodic track at 34m, uninspired up till then. Livens up afterwards. Markus moment at 52m. Ends with bad vocals and great bass.

Starts pretty epic - with strings. Evocative and emotional for first 15m. Till the Sky Falls Down at 23ish. Synth-y filler at 30m mark. 40m is Who Will Find Me, good vocal track. High point was WWFM.

Not bad, 20m in. Loads of vocals. Didn't set me on fire. Jennifer Rene on vocals for last track?

Many tracks with dreary vocals. Overall impression is poor. Forgettable, unfortunately.

Nicely melodic beginning, gets a little techy in the middle. Finish is acceptable.

Starts with Closer; second set to do so. Some vocals later. Average, didn't really stand out. Almost whole set passed without my notice.

Closer, again?! Vocals, vocals... But pretty interesting track selection. Great mashup at 32m.

Very nice melodic first half, finish pretty good also, despite vocals..

Overall good mix, enjoyed it. Some tragic vocal tracks held it from excellence.

Set 1
Track selection flowed along nicely, good mixing maybe the timing was off on a couple, but an enjoyable progressive set on the whole

Set 2
First half of the set didn't do it for me really, but the 2nd half certainly did, decent mixing

Set 3
Nice mixing on this one, timing off on a couple, but track selection very good, progressed nicely

Set 4
Good mixing and track selection, not sure about the overall flow though, there was a couple of times i was thinking the energy was picking up only for it to drop back off, still decent set

Set 5
Set didn't flow for me, track selections wasnt bad, but ordering them better would have gotten a better result for me

Set 6
Nice progressive set, couple of tunes didn't do it for me but overall not bad

Set 7
After a promising start it kinda fell off for me, Good transitions for the most part, picked up for the last 20 mins

Set 8
Nice flow, good mixing here, last track felt out of place, never the less, good set

Set 9
Winner winner chicken dinner, I liked this a lot, good stuff all round

Set 10
Nice flow, sound quality seems a bit off to me, but nice selections

again, if you wanna know which number you had, drop me a PM :)

cheers all!

tanks for posting these, it really helps, a lesson learned for all the competitors :) The only way to get better is know where you're wrong :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back