01-06-2008 - 14-06-2008 June DJ Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and gentlemen, the jury has finished with their voting and we got a result!

Again, a big THANK YOU to all participants, it's been a real pleasure! :) Many of the scores were pretty close together this month, however the winner could be clearly seen...

And the winner is:
Ciaran Begley !!

Congratulations!

Your set will be played July 2nd (Wednesday) at 15:00 CET (calendar event link)! Good job mate!

Everyone remember that there is a new contest in July, this month hardware-mixed sets only, we are taking submissions from July 1st to 14th, therefore we are open for submissions again soon! Let's keep the sets coming!

only one block of comments from the jury this month, but quite an extensive one at that... as always, drop me a PM if you wanna know which number you had.

set #2 had been removed from voting after submissions have closed, hence no comments for this one...

Overall a good month, lots of good sets, and no bad ones. After the first listen, they all seemed indistinguisable from one another, they were all consistently solid. Second and third listens were necessary for differentiation for judging.

01: 06/10
Anyone else hear static during the transition from track 1 to 2? First two tracks very airy and floaty. Third track too. So far the set is like one long emotional bit in a movie. Light and emotional throughout.

03: 05/10
Fairly light and melodic, though lower energy. Amsterdam at 37m. Picks up a little bit toward the end. Didn't really have a lot of impact on me.

Second listen: first track groovy, nice mood setting start. Too bad second track doesn't really mesh. Third track is different again from second. Tyas after Amsterdam? Patterson around 52m. Overall kind of uneven track selection.

04: 07/10
Epic beginning. Some good tracks first half, classic Tyas for example. Some sweetness at 33m. Some Patterson and piano towards the end. Good journey, different moods throughout.

05: 06/10
Jumps right in, no special intro. Basically melodic trance throughout. Enjoyable enough for a replay.

Second listen, nothing stands out. Solid and consistent. I noticed a few of the transitions. Didn't like the track at 48m. Like some other sets, not enough variety to catch one's ear.

06: 07/10
Don't really like opening track. It's melodic and light, but seems unfilling. Second track is very nice. Falling Tides at 38m. Set ended on a relaxed note.

07: 08/10
Intro had interesting 'intercom conversation' thing going on. Maybe it's part of the track? Nice upbeat track at 43m. Another great track at 48m. I liked the last half.

08: 07/10
Wow, whole set passed without my notice. Means not bad, but also nothing great.

Second listen, first 15m is actually pretty good! The next half hour is good, but unremarkable. The set is so consistent that it just carries on without drawing attention to itself. Last 15m kicks up the energy a notch, but no track is unique enough to make you sit up and notice.

09: 07/10
First track - yuck! Gets better after though. Nice track at 25m - melodic and lifting. Another lift-you-to-the-sky piece at 48m. Wow track at 52m!

10: 05/10
70's sounding start. I really liked it five tracks in, then it all came to a screeching halt with Till The Sky Falls Down at 35m. Second half not as strong as first.

Ladies and gentlemen, the jury has finished with their voting and we got a result!

Again, a big THANK YOU to all participants, it's been a real pleasure! :) Many of the scores were pretty close together this month, however the winner could be clearly seen...

And the winner is:
Ciaran Begley !!

Congratulations!

Your set will be played July 2nd (Wednesday) at 15:00 CET (calendar event link)! Good job mate!

Everyone remember that there is a new contest in July, this month hardware-mixed sets only, we are taking submissions from July 1st to 14th, therefore we are open for submissions again soon! Let's keep the sets coming!

congratssss!!!!!!!!!!! :super::super::super::super:

Congrats Ciaran!!!!

i know your sets from your long running show you have on DI, this should be good :) :music:

Nice!

Just added it to my reminder list!!

Congrats Ciaran!

Well done fella! will look forward to hearing that tomorrow :)

Congrats to all who submitted, all the sets were quit e good this month. Quality like that makes me look forward to July's submissions! :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back