15-07-2009 Orkidea - Radio Unity 007

How do you rate this show?

• Total voters
#9 Big World & Denis The Menace: First Rebirth
I'm generally not into the "cover versions" of trance classics because they tend to sound cheap and mostly loose the magic and spirit of the original. This one is in my opinion of the best ones (alongside with the opening track rework of Orbital) and definitely has been worth making and playing out. Pretty full on for home listening but works very well in club. This could be an audio sample in the "masssive" section of dictionary!
I completely agree on that :iagree:

edited full tracklist:

Orkidea - Radio Unity 007 on AH.FM / 15 July 2009

01. Orbital - Halcyon (Tim Middleton Re-Model) [Rhino]
02. Rune RK - Sommefugl [Arti Farti]
03. Guy J - Lamur (Hanry Saiz Remix) [Bedrock]
04. Massimo Santucci & Daniel Green - Strings Of Cesar [Flashover]
05. Sylvia Tosun & Loverush UK - 5 Reasons (Donni Hotwheel D.H.O.T. Dub Mix) [Sea To Sun]
06. Ben Brown - Calm Down (Jerome Isma-Ae Remix) [Audio Logic]
07. Beltek - Belina [Electronic Elements]
08. Alex O'Rion - Fragile Goods [Terminal 4]
09. Big World & Denis The Menace - First Rebirth [Axtone]
10. Andy Moor & Ashley Wallbridge feat. Meighan Nealon - Faces [AVA]

#10 Andy Moor, Meighan Nealon & Ashley Wallbridge
Andy's production skills are unbeatable and he is also one of the most musically talented trance producers out there. Once again though I would have hoped for a dub version as I think the track could work well without the vocals too. Any which way - one of this summmer's biggest tracks and a great taster of Andy's forthcoming album. Can't wait for that! Also like how the bassline groove developes during the track and gets more and more rolling ending with full on 16th note thingy at the end. Great bridge between the groovier and more full on rolling stuff.

Massive episode again :bravo:, :thankyou:

thanks for the track info--very interesting!

super show !! totally loved it!!

you need to get atleast 1hr more. we're just "getting into the mood". brilliant rework of first rebirth saved this set from "good" rating ;)

Andy Moor will be coming over to Helsinki that week's Saturday for a gig and a studio session so definitely not from Saturday onwards but I've been thinking of coming for Thursday and Friday. Let's see how it goes... Would love to come as ADE 2007 was awesome experience from both personal and business perspectives.

Cool sounds good :)

Nice set today :) relaxing :music:

Thanks for it Tapsa :) Have a nice week :friends:

Thanks a lot everybody for joining! I think I'll upload the podcast this time already Friday to get some soundtrack out for the weekend. Hope you enjoyed it and catch you in August again!

* my vote: massive

:bravo: Thanks for a remarkable set Orkidea ! :good2:

:thankyou: :super: :replay:

Thanks a lot everybody for joining! I think I'll upload the podcast this time already Friday to get some soundtrack out for the weekend. Hope you enjoyed it and catch you in August again!

15-07-2009 Orkidea - Radio Unity 007
http://forum.ah.fm/livesets-ah-fm/18555-15-07-2009-orkidea-radio-unity-007-a.html
21-22h CET
Afterhours - View Poll Results
voted: massive !

http://forum.ah.fm/livesets-ah-fm/18555-15-07-2009-orkidea-radio-unity-007-a-6.html#post1038776

Full Tracklist:

Orkidea - Radio Unity 007 on AH.FM / 15 July 2009

01. Orbital - Halcyon (Tim Middleton Re-Model) [Rhino]
02. Rune RK - Sommefugl [Arti Farti]
03. Guy J - Lamur (Hanry Saiz Remix) [Bedrock]
04. Massimo Santucci & Daniel Green - Strings Of Cesar [Flashover]
05. Sylvia Tosun & Loverush UK - 5 Reasons (Donni Hotwheel D.H.O.T. Dub Mix) [Sea To Sun]
06. Ben Brown - Calm Down (Jerome Isma-Ae Remix) [Audio Logic]
07. Beltek - Belina [Electronic Elements]
08. Alex O'Rion - Fragile Goods [Terminal 4]
09. Big World & Denis The Menace - First Rebirth [Axtone]
10. Andy Moor & Ashley Wallbridge feat. Meighan Nealon - Faces [AVA]

when you will do a special show about those "good old days?"

I'll think about it... Maybe a special 1st anniversary set? I have also some plans around this topic but better not say anything before things materialize. Generally I'm more into looking forward rather that backwards but sure it's good to know your past to be inspired for the future.

Loving the replay :)

:lollypop:

Damn I fell asleep in my hammock last night and missed the show :sleeping:

Listening to it now :)

Back