17-04-2013 Orkidea - Radio Unity 052

What do you think of this show?

• Total voters
03. 16 Bit Lolitas: Wounds

Another 10 minute epic nu disco vibey track in the mix from the dutch progressive legends 16 Bit Lolitas. Originally only 116bpm but works nicely at 124 too. This track just keeps on building and building and suits nicely the blossoming spring that Europe is going through at the moment. Reminds me nicely of the Pachanga Boys' last year's 15 minute epic track 'Time'. With tracks like this you feel that there is no rush anywhere in life - wherever you go, there you are.

Big one from old-known producer! Digging it!

Still not used to the new starting hour but chooned in now :)

talking about battleships, here it is!

Damn whatta track!!!!

I love long tracks : )

04. Doc Daneeka, Benjamin Damage, Abigail Wyles: Battleships (Sasha Involv3r Remix)

Only one track from the Invol<3r just wouldn't have been enough:) Another favorite from it in the form of a Berlin influenced tech housey groove with a great little understated melody. This one I spotted some time ago from a Sasha set and was hunting it for a while only to find it was by the man himself. Btw, Sasha has just announced a free (!) daytime summer Sunday residency at the Ushuaia Tower in Ibiza where he'll be playing exactly this kind more underground sound. Very much looking forward to it as his set at the big Ushuais was probably my favorite live set of 2012.

04. Doc Daneeka, Benjamin Damage, Abigail Wyles: Battleships (Sasha Involv3r Remix)

Only one track from the Invol<3r just wouldn't have been enough:) Another favorite from it in the form of a Berlin influenced tech housey groove with a great little understated melody. This one I spotted some time ago from a Sasha set and was hunting it for a while only to find it was by the man himself. Btw, Sasha has just announced a free (!) daytime summer Sunday residency at the Ushuaia Tower in Ibiza where he'll be playing exactly this kind more underground sound. Very much looking forward to it as his set at the big Ushuais was probably my favorite live set of 2012.

Which exactly is this set, Tapio?

My fave from Involv3r, and yes, really looking forward for attending to one of his sets in Ibiza too!

The drums on that tune sounded quite much like Maceo Plex. This track makes me sleepy in a good way. Need to listen to Invol<3r, haven't had time before.

Still haven't had time to open my CD case for Involv3r, but it's sounding more and more promising

Which exactly is this set, Tapio?

My fave from Involv3r, and yes, really looking forward for attending to one of his sets in Ibiza too!

Set he played around mid July when I was there. I don't think you can find the set online anywhere though..

The drums on that tune sounded quite much like Maceo Plex. This track makes me sleepy in a good way. Need to listen to Invol<3r, haven't had time before.

Conveniently the next track is... Maceo Plex! :)

05. Maceo Plex: Stimulation

Maceo is one last years' biggest new stars in the techno and deep house scene and here he shows his more melodic and could I even say "trancey" side. 'Stimulation' reminds me of the early proto trance tracks of very early 1990s when tracks were build around just couple elements and then played around with those. I played this early to my set couple weeks ago when warming up for John 00 Fleming here in Helsinki and it was the track which got the floor grooving. More music like this please!

Played so far:

01. Solee: Zebra (of Norway Version)
02. Ananda Project: Moment Before Dreaming (Sasha Involv3r Remix)
03. 16 Bit Lolitas: Wounds

Maceo is one last years' biggest new stars in the techno and deep house scene and here he shows his more melodic and could I even say "trancey" side. 'Stimulation' reminds me of the early proto trance tracks of very early 1990s when tracks were build around just couple elements and then played around with those. I played this early to my set couple weeks ago when warming up for John 00 Fleming here in Helsinki and it was the track which got the floor grooving. More music like this please!

I was waiting for this beauty to come up in this set. Sounds quite a bit like early Guerilla, of course with more updated sounds. Brilliant track and nice vocoders.

Back