17-04-2013 Orkidea - Radio Unity 052

What do you think of this show?

• Total voters
Maceo Plex is one of the best producers at the moment. Awesome you're dropping one of his tracks :)

Maceo Plex :grinning:

I was waiting for this beauty to come up in this set. Sounds quite a bit like early Guerilla, of course with more updated sounds. Brilliant track and nice vocoders.

Yeah very much having that Guerilla/Limbo vibe of 1993 progressive. Good combo of solid bassline groove and atmospheric filtering pads..

Yeah very much having that Guerilla/Limbo vibe of 1993 progressive. Good combo of solid bassline groove and atmospheric filtering pads..

I'm just waiting for that sound to come back BIG TIME. Have you noticed how Deep House is making a comeback, stuff that is 115-124bpm and has vibes from early 90s and late 80s. Also I can say the same about Acid House. Just watch my next mix ;)

Great Pick Tapio!!!!!!

06. Luke Chable & Danny Bonnici: Amethyst

Now the set takes a little more uplifting and trancey direction with the help of Bedrock legend Luke Chable and Danny Bonnicci. 'Amethyst' which could fit many kind of sets from trance warm ups to end of the night prog anthems. Very anthemic but keeping it cool at the same time. Reminds me of some closing tracks of Dave Seaman's Renaissance mixes back in the day.

I detect an unnecessary siren. Luckily it's only in the background.

Pretty nice sounds!

:choon:

I detect an unnecessary siren. Luckily it's only in the background.

Sirens always work in electronic music:) If you want to rise some hands in a club then siren will always do the trick. Preferably proper old air raid kinda siren.

07. Adrian Lux Fire (feat. Lune) (Jeremy Olander Remix)

We had Jeremy playing at our party here in Helsinki in March and he played a great set of Guy J kind of prog and melodic techno from the likes of Marco Bailey. Very nice set and he was also such a nice and down to earth guy. I've been digging his remixes a lot and here he delivers a warm yet pounchy vocal track. The guy has definitely great potential and it's been nice to see the recent hit 'Let Me Feel' propelling him into a new level.

loving so far this episode, Tapio! Very driving & melodic!

Sirens always work in electronic music:) If you want to rise some hands in a club then siren will always do the trick. Preferably proper old air raid kinda siren.

Very true. But the aggressive overuse of the siren and the pitchbend in current dance music is not only destroying the effect but also destroying trance oriented dance music in general. I am on a personal crusade against it.

Listen to Anjunabeats 10 compilation for example. CD1, track 1, first massive siren at 0:00:10. The abuse has now reached such a retarded level that it not only no longer serves its original purpose but has made most new tracks unbearably annoying.

08. John 00 Fleming: Clouds Of Karma

My favorite pick from John 00 Fleming's recent artist album which featured refreshingly many different genre's from deep progressive through electronica and breakz to full on psy trance. John played a very nice 2,5 set when here in Helsinki just two weeks ago. One of the rare guys who manage to balance (IMHO) perfectly between the deep and underground stuff and 145bpm full on psy trance. Also great to have such a guy in the scene who is simultanously very critical on the development of the music & scene overall, yet filled with good vibes and positive attitude.

amazing sounds!

Very true. But the aggressive overuse of the siren and the pitchbend in current dance music is not only destroying the effect but also destroying trance oriented dance music in general. I am on a personal crusade against it.

Listen to Anjunabeats 10 compilation for example. CD1, track 1, first massive siren at 0:00:10. The abuse has now reached such a retarded level that it not only no longer serves its original purpose but has made most new tracks unbearably annoying.

Fully agree. Sirens (any many other things) should be used carefully and with good taste always considering the dynamics of the longer journey. You can't eat strawberry ice cream all the time:)

:replay:

Back