How do you rate this show?

• Decent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pretty bad

• No thanks, not my style

• Total voters
Btw, I think there is equally lot of great music out there today as there was back then. It's just different sound, different groove, different vibe. Surely much more crap but so many amazing tracks and producers if one just has the patience to dig deeper. I think it's important to know your past to be inspired for the future. This culture is built on progression and forward thinking mind set at the end.
Well said! Nothing to add! :bravo:

Hi labielecki ! :friends:

:dance::dance::dance:
Jean-Michel Jarre ?
Hello FlyAway! :friends:

Btw, I think there is equally lot of great music out there today as there was back then. It's just different sound, different groove, different vibe. Surely much more crap but so many amazing tracks and producers if one just has the patience to dig deeper. I think it's important to know your past to be inspired for the future. This culture is built on progression and forward thinking mind set at the end.
:iagree:

Niceley said! Since i dont know much about the music of the 90 i have to do with the music thats produced nowadays. And if i wouldnt like what i hear id be listening to some other genre!

Anyway as said by everybody here tonigh! Thanks for the fantastic set! :thankyou::replay:

omg checked out a cd i bought in 93 with awsome trax likw heaven's tears , tremora del terra, open your mind, stella :D:D

blade_runner2.jpg

one of the best movies ever

I watched Blade Runner last weekend :clap2:

Yes there are a some jewels in the rough :)

Last edited:

I agree that there's still lots of great music out there nowadays, though you really have to look for it. But equally amount as back then? I'm not really sure about that.. Back then it was the best years for Lieb, Ralf Hildebeutel, Marc Mitchell, Orbital, BT. Who have we got now that can measure up to those guys?

I'm not too sad tho, I still find an amazing amount of good music out there, whether it's new or old..

09. Odyssee of Noises: Firedance (The Sunrise)

Yet another Eye Q classic. Close to 150 bpm in it's original speed. I remember that I started my first ever radio mix (live of course as they used to be back then) at Helsinki Radio City with this back in 1994. Radio City even broadcast one of our illegal night raves live! Which feels odd nowadays when the channel has turned into a beer'n'rock'n'hockey type of mainstream channel... And the track itself is building on a very simple yet growing theme. Sunrise mix indeed as this was often played around 8am or so.

Odyssee Of Noises - Firedance (12") at Discogs

09. Odyssee of Noises: Firedance (The Sunrise)

Yet another Eye Q classic. Close to 150 bpm in it's original speed. I remember that I started my first ever radio mix (live of course as they used to be back then) at Helsinki Radio City with this back in 1994. Radio City even broadcast one of our illegal night raves live! Which feels odd nowadays when the channel has turned into a beer'n'rock'n'hockey type of mainstream channel... And the track itself is building on a very simple yet growing theme. Sunrise mix indeed as this was often played around 8am or so.

Odyssee Of Noises - Firedance (12") at Discogs

Orkidea when was it u played on oslo nights?

I agree that there's still lots of great music out there nowadays, though you really have to look for it. But equally amount as back then? I'm not really sure about that.. Back then it was the best years for Lieb, Ralf Hildebeutel, Marc Mitchell, Orbital, BT. Who have we got now that can measure up to those guys?

I'm not too sad tho, I still find an amazing amount of good music out there, whether it's new or old..

Imo caused by the fact that all programming these days was handmate instead of the current tools you have for creating

Not equal amount of _similar_ good music, but equal amount of _good_ music. That is the difference and also challenge for our minds. Times change and genres come and go. Unfortunately when something is trendy there are lots of talented and creative people producing that type of music (like all the names you mentioned) but when times change many of them probably change too. Some do it to be creative and evolve, some do it to please as many people as possible. Personally I try to be musically as openminded as possible and enjoy the new music as much as all the music I grew up with. Last year was filled with unbelievably amazing music experiences: live, djs, mixes, podcasts and albums so the music must be as good as back then:)

Imo caused by the fact that all programming these days was handmate instead of the current tools you have for creating

It's interesting that back then accessing a proper studio (that you need to create proper music) was quite rare and having that possibility made those moments really count and people wanted to get the most out of those moments. Today when everybody has the tools (=computer and internet) it's not so "sacred" anymore. That's the "downside" but the upside is that so much more people can enjoy the possibility of being creative and doing music - not just the ones with 100 000€ cash to buy all the 5000€ synths and 2000 FX units. Sure we need to dig through the pile of music they create and release but personally I think it's great how many people are actually _creating_ music and not just _consuming_ it nowadays.

It's interesting that back then accessing a proper studio (that you need to create proper music) was quite rare and having that possibility made those moments really count and people wanted to get the most out of those moments. Today when everybody has the tools (=computer and internet) it's not so "sacred" anymore. That's the "downside" but the upside is that so much more people can enjoy the possibility of being creative and doing music - not just the ones with 100 000€ cash to buy all the 5000€ synths and 2000 FX units. Sure we need to dig through the pile of music they create and release but personally I think it's great how many people are actually _creating_ music and not just _consuming_ it nowadays.

well said. 100% agree with u

Not equal amount of _similar_ good music, but equal amount of _good_ music. That is the difference and also challenge for our minds. Times change and genres come and go. Unfortunately when something is trendy there are lots of talented and creative people producing that type of music (like all the names you mentioned) but when times change many of them probably change too. Some do it to be creative and evolve, some do it to please as many people as possible. Personally I try to be musically as openminded as possible and enjoy the new music as much as all the music I grew up with. Last year was filled with unbelievably amazing music experiences: live, djs, mixes, podcasts and albums so the music must be as good as back then:)

Well yeah, I give lots of different kinds of music a chance, not just trance or EDM. Psy ambient for instance has done great for the past 1-2 years. Yes yes everything evolves.. I know that lots of them are drawn into producing music for movies nowadays.

10. Remake: Blade Runner (Replicant Mix)

An early Sasha & Digweed Renaissance classic. More UK sound building a bridge between the UK progressive house sound and the german trance sound. Actually I would have liked to play the very original Vangelis track but this fitted the mix more smoothly:) And who would be better match to close the old school trance mix than Vangelis - one of the very original creators and innovators. Who btw believes heavily into improvisation and has built his synth kit so that he can play live everything that he does. Often even without any crystal clear plan. Here is a rare interview of him:

My Greek odyssey with Alexander - Telegraph

Back