30-01-2009 Luminosity DJ Contest

Vote for your favorite sets

• Total voters
Apologies for my late post, not long got back off holiday. Here is the tracklisting for my mix, the download link will work in a few hours once my bandwidth has been reset. Thanks to those who have voted for me.

01. Jose Amnesia vs Karen Overton - Your Loving Arms (JA Sunrise Mix)
02. Timmy & Tommy - Gettiner Tight (Original Mix)
03. Gareth Wyn - Cuba (Original Mix)
04. BT vs Ronski Speed - Mercury Doors (Wayne Ellison Bootleg)
05. Lange Vs Gareth Emery - Another You, Another Me (Original Mix)
06. Bismark - Make A Dream (Club Mix)
07. DJ Pure - My Definition (Original Mix)
08. Aly & Fila - Uraeus (Frase Remix)
09. John O'Callaghan - Sunday 1am (Original Mix)
10. Sunlounger ft. Zara - Lost (Aly & Fila Remix)
11. Activa - This World (Original Mix)
12. Rod-Y-Ler - Lifesigns (Bryan Kearney Makeover)

http://www.djx2.com/user/mixes/djx2_-_Luminosity_Before_the_Energy_DJ_Contest.mp3

Just in case you missed it! :super:

hi again, since until 15th february we won't know the results, I want to rescue from my computer an old set with some of the most noticeable spanish tracks of 2008, all mixing trance and tech-trance. with it I want to thank all of you again for your support and hope you dance it! :super:

Track List:

1.- Richard Durand - Submerge (Original Mix)
2.- Paul Miller & Manuel Le Saux - EnTrance (Offical Anthem Of EnTrance 2008)
3.- D-Factor - Raw & Nasty (Original Mix)
4.- Iris Dee Jay Vs ElaDJ - Phantom Planet (Original Mix)
5.- Joint Operation Centre - Shortwave (Original_mix)
6.- Dns Project Pres. Whiteglow - Airbourne -2.11
7.- Roberto Nandez - What Matters (Original Mix)
8.- Frank Mhunz - Ask Me Out
9.- W&w - Mustang (Original Mix)
10.- Ian Holing - Realize (Original Mix)
11.- David Benito pres. Oscar Guez - Infinity (Original Mix)
12.- J.O.C - Rotterdam (Bryan Kearney Remix)
13.- Deadmau5 - Not Exactly (Talla 2XLC Trance Rework)
14.- Chris de Seed - Green Berg (Raul Cremona remix)

Link Set: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Last edited:
I'm really dissapointed I thought the dj's who had the most votes win according to the list it should be Flybob at nr 1 Aiiwa at nr 2 and Showdown at nr 3.

Aparently you don't need much votes to win :( and this contest is imo a big laugh.
Were the other mixes from the ones who didn't make it mix technically that bad? c'mon!

And what's the point of letting the listeners vote if you allready knew who is going to win?
This isn't fair and I'm not going to watch the boring prog mix from Oscar Guez

Last edited:
This isn't fair and I'm not going to watch the boring prog mix from Oscar Guez

prog mix???

the 2 sessions of the contest of Oscar Guez weren't prog!

You should listen to them and give him a chance @ luminosity :)

And read this that it is in the first post of this topic:

info and rules are here:
Luminosity Events • View topic - Luminosity & AH.FM presents Before the Energy DJ Contest

"Jury - Judging criterions
All the mixes will be judged by the following points: 1) mixing and technical skill. 2) track selection 3) originality. 4) voting by the listeners.
The set with the highest score wins!"

In this contest, how many winners are? Only 2?? And as I see they didn't won the 2 firsts or what!!

prog mix???

All the mixes will be judged by the following points: 1) mixing and technical skill. 2) track selection 3) originality. 4) voting by the listeners.

According to the list above it should have been Flybob with 15,67% of the votes Aiiwa with 14,99% of the votes and Showdown with 12,40 % of the votes.

Now tell me how on earth did the winners of this contest made it to the final and the ones who I have listed before didn't.
Obviously the set with the highest score didn't win

¿¿What Did it happens then??

Congrats to all the winners. Some though competition amongst the mixes. See you in holland guys.

If I have to pick one winner of those 3 winners it would for sure be Boban. Loved that set. Voted too ;)

Keep it up guys!

According to the list above it should have been Flybob with 15,67% of the votes Aiiwa with 14,99% of the votes and Showdown with 12,40 % of the votes.

Now tell me how on earth did the winners of this contest made it to the final and the ones who I have listed before didn't.

I repeat:

This poll was only for the 4th point. The other 3 points were judged by a jury (I dont know who belong to the jury, so ask ah staff or luminosity staff)

Marcel, I don't know what you're talking about. The results will be announced on the 15th of February.

And, as I said many times in this thread before, The results will contain 90% from the judges and 10% listenersvote.

The biggest point of the public voting is the free publicity:
- Since you need to be registered for voting, AH.fm will gain more members
- Luminosity and the DJs are getting free publicity, since the DJs wants to get more votes so there advertising all over the www!

Oh well, nevermind... The results are online I see!!

Congrats Boban and Oscar! and me(A)

Last edited:

hi marcel, you didn't really read before quoting: the votes are only one fourth of the final score of each dj, that's why the final score doesn't have to match the voting results. at least that is how I understood it!

congratulations to all the djs who took part in this contest and to the organisation for the great success, see you all in Luminosity!

by the way, did you notice this??

BRAVO!! -> :bravo:

nice smilie :ee:

Thanks to all the people who supported me, because without you I wouldn't be here. For me this is a great surprise. Congratulations to all the contest djs because they've really raised the bar and special congrats for Boban and Tarva :smile:

Aupa tu Oscar!! As I see for the moments the voters are not officially announced, so we will wait until that.

I didn't know that the result was this: " The results will contain 90% from the judges and 10% listenersvote."

So the jury will entirely judge the set, so congratulations for those who win

Back