30-01-2009 Luminosity DJ Contest

Vote for your favorite sets

• Total voters
congrats to the winners

#1 Boban, #2 Tarva, #3 Oscar Guez

It's no great surprise that the result has shocked one or two, given that the best three sets didn't necessarily make it. At the end of the day it's the listeners who tell you where you're going wrong, and if a fairly clear vote is not indicative of the best acts then I fail to see the point in offering the public the chance to vote at all.

It would appear to me that the 'judges' have decided fairly early on that they'll have things their way and have scored accordingly. The fact that two of the successful acts are Dutch, and proved less successful in the vote, hasn't escaped my notice either.

I feel for those who weren't successful - you've been part of an utterly pointless exercise.

Hi all,

Well, certainly a lot of excitement about the end result of this contest, either positive or negative! Honestly speaking I thought that it was quite clear that public voting would only count for 10% in the end result, while 90% by jury judging. The public voting was mainly intended to bring Luminosity and Afterhours under the attention of many new persons (like friends, family or colleagues of the participating dj's). Apparently this was not that well-known as expected, that's a pity indeed.

I am at least very, very happy with winning this contest and I think the same applies to Oscar Guez and Tarva, congrats guys, well done! However, also DJ's like Skypirates, Showdown and Frank van 't Ende were winners for me, I loved their sets, pure trance! As stated many times, the competition was very high indeed.

Oscar, Tarva and myself are definitely ready to jointly make it a big party on the 6th! I hope to meet a lot of contest participants, same applies to all contest followers ofcourse. For those of you who voted for me, thank you very much and I hope to see you on the 6th!

Last word for Luminosity & Afterhours: thanks very much for organizing this contest and giving such chances to DJ talents! I hope you will make an annual event of this.

See you the 6th!

Best regards,

Boban

"...the public voting was mainly intended to bring Luminosity and Afterhours under the attention of many new persons..."

And therein lies the problem. The public voting should have been considered indicative of consumer taste, rather than as an advertising vehicle (in spite of the obvious part friends of the competing acts would have played).

@ Boban:

Thanks man :smile:, I wish you all the luck on the 6th of March!

Maybe set some kind of meeting up?

If your not to busy with the fans :wink:

Greetz,
Arjan S
(The Skypirates)

Thanks Arjan!

Arjan S said:
@ Boban:

Maybe set some kind of meeting up?

quote]

Yes, that would be very nice! I think one of the other threads already has a roll call for meeting up?

"...the public voting was mainly intended to bring Luminosity and Afterhours under the attention of many new persons..."

And therein lies the problem. The public voting should have been considered indicative of consumer taste, rather than as an advertising vehicle (in spite of the obvious part friends of the competing acts would have played).

So you say that the one who promotes the most and/or have the most friends should win a DJ Contest. Lil' strange isn't it. A lot of votes were given by people who didn't even listen to the music.

Congrats to the winners, see you guys at BTE! Let's have a blast out there!

So you say that the one who promotes the most and/or have the most friends should win a DJ Contest. Lil' strange isn't it. A lot of votes were given by people who didn't even listen to the music.
I'd like to add that the majority of the voters will probably not even attend the party!

Why you think that? and what sort of cheating?

Don't tell me you haven't noticed? Half of the votes Flybob got were long BEFORE his set even started. Also I checked through a lot of the members that had voted on him... a lot of them had registered the same day. For example a user called "flybobwillwin".

Now no offence Flybob, but could it have been more obvious? No need to deny it.
And although your set had the most votes... it was NOWHERE near the best set (maybe it was only me who isn't in to that hard stuff).
I am glad the jury picked the winners, cause the above prooves that user voting can be disasterous.

Anyway, a HUGE congratulations to Boban, Oscar Guez and Tarva! Unfortunatley I missed their sets (I'll check them out).
I've already got tickets for BFE and TE so I will be there!

I will be there too, from Spain supporting Oscar Guez :D

Last year luminosity party before the energy was better than Trance Energy for me (the music was much better).

So I hope meet some of you in the party!!

We will be about 8 or 9 Spanish people!

Yes, that would be very nice! I think one of the other threads already has a roll call for meeting up?

Well don't really know about that :ee:
All I know is that I will be wearing my "I Know What You Did Last Weekend" shirt :grinning:

Well don't really know about that :ee:
All I know is that I will be wearing my "I Know What You Did Last Weekend" shirt :grinning:
If you spot him, look down a little. There's probably a little, semi-bald guy somewhere near him. Which would be me. :friends:

It was an awesome party Luminosity!

Looking forward to the next gig and to be seeing all of you guys there!

Till then, keep a look out for new stuff from the Skypirates at
The Skypirates | MySpace.com

March Demo coming very soon!

May Demo availible

Hey guys,

Remember us? The Skypirates :music:

We have just put another demo online for May.

The result is something we can really be proud on.
A mix starting with some minimal techy but funky beats, leading all the way up to some inspiring epic sounds! :choon:

Check it out now, on our Myspace.

See you guys around!

Arjan S & Edwin B
- The Skypirates -

The Skypirates | MySpace.com

New demo for The Skypirates coming soon!!! :bravo:

Arjan S & Edwin B
The Skypirates

MySpace

Back